Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
where the hell are the draws??? I hope we dont get Nomads, would be cool to meet them in the finals...an all 2B matchup!

ya weve had a pretty tough draw so far and it would be nice to save that matchup for last. Knowing our luck we will draw FVRD in the semis for another tought matchup

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
we have definetly had the hardest route to and including the semis. Besides the 1st round, 2nd round drew the best div.3 team (undefeated) who should not be playing div.3 after winning the league last year, 3rd round the LUFC Young Guns (2nd place Div.2c), quarters ACBC (1st place div.2b) and now FVRD for the semis (1st place div.2c).

We have knocked out two div. 2c teams already, time to make it a 3rd

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford vs either in the final. Tbh I can't predict the other game, but if guildford play their game I don't see them winning, and shut up Chelsea4life's bragging about how Good his midpack div 3 team is.....

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford vs either in the final. Tbh I can't predict the other game, but if guildford play their game I don't see them winning, and shut up Chelsea4life's bragging about how Good his midpack div 3 team is.....

They are mid pack div.3 but should be in div.2. They're not horrible and we did lose to them in the summer. So it should be good to see if they can play against a top level div.2 team. There needs to be a beer garden at these semi's.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were did I say their horrible? All I said was guildford will beat them if they play how they can, and that their is a fair amount of bragging from someone who's team is yet to prove anything. They beat guildford then I appologise but until then so be it. I'm sure that 9 outta 10 ppl on here will agree that they won't beat guildford unless guildford doesn't play hard or decide to forfit which I don't see either so it's just my opinion and if I'm wrong then also so be it. As for beating you guys, that means what?

wr_ballack

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vault made it to the semi-finals in the same manner everyone else did, by beating 4 teams. We beat the 2nd best team in 2A in the first round and knocked off two div 3 teams that are going to be promoted to div 2 along with beating an additional div 2 team. Too many people on here just make excuses; "my team is ridden with injuries, my draw was the hardest." We could start making our own excuses like having no subs last week and rarely having more than 2 subs for a match all season, but instead we just play our game and compete on a nightly basis. The bottom line is that we earned our spot by eliminating 4 teams just like everyone else and are the only div 3 team left in a 64 team tournament and that arguments can and should be made that we belong in division 2. Good luck to all in the semi-finals, should be an exciting Saturday night.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 2-1 Shootouts

Guildford 5-1 (a certain someone will owe a certain someone a case of beer :) )

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vault made it to the semi-finals in the same manner everyone else did, by beating 4 teams. We beat the 2nd best team in 2A in the first round and knocked off two div 3 teams that are going to be promoted to div 2 along with beating an additional div 2 team. Too many people on here just make excuses; "my team is ridden with injuries, my draw was the hardest." We could start making our own excuses like having no subs last week and rarely having more than 2 subs for a match all season, but instead we just play our game and compete on a nightly basis. The bottom line is that we earned our spot by eliminating 4 teams just like everyone else and are the only div 3 team left in a 64 team tournament and that arguments can and should be made that we belong in division 2. Good luck to all in the semi-finals, should be an exciting Saturday night.

Or how about the argument / excuse of using an illegal vmsl player
:eek:

Testastretta

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks for the praise testastretta. we were prepared and tried out our new formation which worked wonders. I'm a little dissapointed that my cup run may be over as my ankle is the size of a softball. the tackle was not dirty whatsoever, it was just awekward. twas a fun game, good luck in div 1

Sorry to hear about your ankle. And don't worry, I wasn't referring to a tackle. Our game against the Nomads was clean throughout, nobody was out to intentionally hurt anyone physically. I was actually referring to the pip-squeek who was talking non-sense about our captain Jon being a man and not a boy after the guy studded him in the ankle. It's the chirp late in the game insinuating that Jon was being a pu_sy even though the ref called the foul and it was clear Jon wasn't faking it. The same player then having nothing better to say decides to ask me how it feels to lose... hahaha, well I hate losing period, doesn't matter at what level, sport, or game. The comments were all just juvenile and unnecessary at that point, have some sportsmanship.

As for BazzaBlue... many people comment on our team diving. We have 1 player that WAS a diver... he's changed because our whole team hounded him (it was ridiculous to the point where he went down in practice and none of us believed he was hurt... but he doesn't dive anymore)... Other than that player I was referring to, there is only one other player who may be a bit soft on the ball, but I know none of our guys are floppers or divers. Our team plays fairly, we play with class, and we respect all opponents.

When it comes to hard tackles, I'm not opposed to them as long as it's fair. There have been a couple games this year that I've been tackled from behind, both studs up and scissor style. I believe that's dirty and fortunately I wasn't injured, but it's only a matter of time until that happens to a player and they are injured. Personally, I just think the refereering just needs to get better, linesmen would help... And like Rich mentioned, if U12 Girls and Boys get linesmen, we definitely should have them.

matthewvlasic

Sep 15, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

TTP the can speculate and say we will thrash you guys blah blah because they are not playing...for the record we are going to respect you and not take you lightly, you have come this far and earned respect.

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_iKg7nutNY"]YouTube- AL Pacino's Any Given Sunday Speech[/ame]

Fitting for the Semi's
Enjoy

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm all for someone chirping at Jon, the kid doesn't know when to shut his mouth. He tackles dirty in my opinion always leaving his feet and jumping into tackles, turf shoes or not thats how legs are broken. Then he will chirp in his whiny little voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0