Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are you talking about? Franchise said he couldnt see us beating you, I just mentioned we beat you twice....no hard feelings relax.

Did u read my post at all? Can u read? I know what u are talking about, I was just clearing up ur incorrect scoreline and the fact regular season doesn't mean shat anymore.

onlygoals

Nov 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just at the red devils vs poco game and it's 1 1 oh wait devils just scored so it's 2-1 devils devils 10 to to go. Good battle out here

onlygoals

Nov 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finla 2-1 for devils. Another 2 reds just like lastnite. Number 10 on devils and the poco defender both out for huging each other lol.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats are in order to the Nomads.

They set out to beat us from the second they drew us in this quarter final bout. Regardless of going undefeated during the regular season, we were ill prepared for this match. It's alright to say now since our Presidents Cup run is over and we have some time before Provincials, but there was definitely some "trouble in paradise" for our squad. You'd think that an undefeated team would have momentum, but for the past few weeks even with the cup wins, I've personally felt that the team has been drifting apart.

Last night we did not come out to play... Very dissapointing effort on our part. The Nomads were the better team on the night, they wanted it more, and their efforts and hard work earned them the game winning goal (which was a beauty of a shot from distance)... House Arrest had 2 impressive diving saves to keep his team in it in the first half. The second Nomads goal I believe was off side, but they had 2 other clear cut opportunities that should have been barried. So game could've easily been at least 3-0 Nomads.

I really hope the Nomads and Guildford don't face off in the semi's as I'd like to see an all Div 2B final as these are teams we've played against all season and I can say both teams have stand up guys on their squads... nothing against FVRD or Vault. That being said, my fingers are crossed for a Nomads vs. FVRD and Guildford vs. Vault match up as I think this would be the best draw to have an all 2B final...

It is the cup, anything can happen, but I can say that if the Nomads play with as much heart, and put in a much effort as they did in the game against us and the weeks prior preparing themselves for our match, that they have a good chance at winning the cup.

My money isn't on any particular team, but I'm hoping Guildford wins the birth into the provincial cup. They've been a model of consistency all year, they are well coached, and they play as a team. Nomads, some may consider you underdogs, but I don't... I think you guys have a great work ethic, if anything, it was just merely under achieving through out the season, even though you guys did finish 3rd in the league, you should not have lost 6 games. 2 classy teams minus 1 player... hahaha, 1 guy on the Nomads with no class. Win with class, Lose with class.

All said and done, my rant over, best of luck to all four remaining teams. Hopefully I'll be able to catch at least one of the semi's and also the cup final, and fingers crossed for you all that there are linesmen, not just for offsides, but also for fouls that refs "miss"...ha!

Kaz #23

Well said Kaz...My thoughts pretty much too.
Id like to add that a small few of you did a great job. Comeing to practice. Arriveing on time to warm up before our matches.
I cant seem to figuar out why after everyone did such a great job of showing up to and competeing right till the last game vs Guildford.To clinch the Division.. That so many of the guys just packed it in after that game.
4 guys to training before the Cup game??? you and Carmine ,both injured and your there...But only 2 others..sorry 2 more showed up half way over.?
Whats a coach to do ...sit the guys who dont show? Cause we would have been a bit short..
Our captian who has been to every game since we formed the team ,showed up 10 min before kickoff?? whats with that.
Mark and I are raceing from game to game freeking out to be there and yet the players arrive later than us???
Sonny telling everyone before kickoff that this is his last game because he got a job up north..Thats something you say after the game not before??
As you can tell I am upset...Not because we lost..but because for some reason no one cared. And thats not like us.
Thats not ACBC

It wasnt a new formation or game stratagy that beat us..It was as simple as the Nomads wanted the ball and we didnt.
They won every tackle and every 50/50 ball..The lineup had nothing to do with it. They could have played any formation and it would have worked.
You could see it in thier eyes. They wanted this game bad.
..Dare I say chickenshti..But thats what we looked like to me..I was actually embbarassed for my guys. They looked scared..
Pussies actually came to mind a few times...
Not every guy..but you know who you are...and hang your kit on the way out please and thankyou.

onlygoals

Nov 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes his name is David . He played up front. It took about 7 trys to get his name as all his teammates kept on saying they don't know who he is . I wonder why? Hahahaha

stinsons awesome

Sep 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
vault 1 - 1 ND (4-2 pks vault)
Hard fought game from start to finish. Vault sadly had no subs which is no way to go into the quarterfinals but got a pk in the first 10 of the game. From then on it was ND trying to push and Vault keeping them at bay. 20 minutes into the 2nd half the lights went out and we had to switch fields to finish the game. After the restart it was again Nd pushing up and vault defending and trying to get some counterattack chances. at about the 80th minute ND scored to tie things up and it went to pks.
The ND's second kicker shot 20 yards wide and their 4th shot was saved by c4l and vault had won. Good game to watch and time for the semis.

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
tough loss for Inter tonight.. both us and guilford battled back and forth. neither team deserved to lose but of course someone must go on and that's guilford. I think we outchanced them by a few but clearly that doesn't Matter cuz they're celebrating and we're not. we missed plenty of chances but that's been the story of our life this year. for the most part guilford are classy guys, not dirty at all. good luck to them next round

Tough fought game on both teams behalf. I played almost the whole game until I cramped in the 88th.

Judging the talent Inter had and Guildford had I don't think we played our own games at all. Its hard to play teams sometimes with similar fire power. Just gota work at the grind until one makes a mistake. I'm sure they had more in the tank, us as well. However when you only see teams in Cup play how can you prepare a real game plan? Judging by standings makes it hard to gauge opponents strengths and weaknesses.

The fight was awesome. Both teams strikers, (two best players) got into it and it was over before it started and they walked of the field together both looking like ass clowns. That ref is definately the "raw" ( law )

After getting it out of our systems both teams stuck to soccer from that point on.

Thanks for a great match Inter hopefully we can see each other again someday.

Congrats to Nomads for the win over ACBC. Did what we couldn't do. Hats Off
We need LUUUU chants for Housearresst now. He's a freak of nature. I've watched him play keeper from high school days growing up, Just a black hole.

On to the semi's bring whoever doesn't matter.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stinson really told the tale perfectly... Our 1st goal was all we needed and we just did what we do best from there on out, just locked it down. North Delta really controlled the whole game not a problem, but we just played smart D and only had 10 players hahaha... Off to the Semi's as only remaining Div.3 team...

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Nomads for the win over ACBC. Did what we couldn't do. Hats Off
We need LUUUU chants for Housearresst now. He's a freak of nature. I've watched him play keeper from high school days growing up, Just a black hole.

On to the semi's bring whoever doesn't matter.

haha!!! ya i remember buddy, except everyone back then use to call me House of Breasts considering i weighed 250 pounds and the chant was "cmon demelo yellow".

Well see in about 1 hours time if we get the pleasure of knocking the other 2B team out next ;)

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Nomads, any win over acbc is a tough win. That being said, losing to a team that apparently decided not to show up and play their A game at their next game stings. Would've appreciated you guys not showing up 2 weeks earlier :rolleyes:

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just wanna clear one thing up about our game with ACBC.

ACBC did not NOT show up for this game. They did not play poorly or hand us the win. There were about 7 guys there an hour before the game, as well as about 10 of ours. They had more than half their squad there with 45 min to play. A few guys did show up close to game time, but that happens alot.

We played hard for that win, as well as every other win in cup thus far. To downplay the win by numerous people stating that ACBC wasnt at their best and they didn't show up to play is an understatement. Yes we were the better team in the aspect that we were pumped and wanted it more than they did, but they were equally as good and were moving the ball really well. They had a few chances, and I took care of them. We had more chances (IMO) and their keeper made some great saves as well, but the first goal was an absolute cracker from 30 yards out and the pressure was on them from there on out.

ghouse, as much as you wanna bad mouth your team, they did end up playing very well and gave us all we can handle. Our formation did fluster your teams play. Strength and Honour created that formation especially for your team and it paid off. We will be using it again. And as for the comment "can we pull off another showing like we did last night", your dam right we will, at least 2 more times :)

guildford7

Oct 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
sounds like guildford and the red devils have both lost thier best strikers for the next round.....

Its true, but we have some guys that havent played with us all year that are coming in that can fill that gap...very skilled guys and I think it wont hurt us too bad. Todd is a great player, but the boys we have coming are just as talented.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its true, but we have some guys that havent played with us all year that are coming in that can fill that gap...very skilled guys and I think it wont hurt us too bad. Todd is a great player, but the boys we have coming are just as talented.

Your signing new guys just for the semis and finals?

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your signing new guys just for the semis and finals?

We have guys train with us that arnt signed with a few injuries I filled some spots. Seemed logical, they know our system and guys over the years. Had committment issues during the year. One guy had a car accident wasn't able to train for almost the whole year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0