Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is something you all in FVSL div 2 might find interesting.
All the VMSL CAT teams who have always been on "A" forms and act as Premier reserve teams have all signed "B" forms this year and are playing off to see who gets to compete in the B Provincials....
FVSL ,VISL and the PCSL did not know this till just a day ago.
Why does it matter...Well these teams are the Premier reserves and not div 2. Still it doesnt matter what you call the division as long as they play on a B form..Kinda like Richmond. We all know they are better than Div 2 but they only sign thier Premier clubs out there on B forms. And now the VMSL has kinda done the same thing.
Wait it gets better.
The reason CAT traditionaly has signed on A forms is because the amount of teams on A form dictates the number of teams a league gets to enter into the A Provincials.
The more teams you have on A forms the more teams you get to enter in the A provincials. Makes sense and is fair.
So why do the VMSL with only 4 teams on A forms more than the FVSL on A forms get 9 "A" Provincial berths and the FVSL only get 5? And, now also get to enter all those VMSL Premier reserve teams into the B cup?
It use to be that the VMSL sacrificed (CAT) teams to get more spots in the Provincials..Understandable ..Well now they get thier cake and eat it too...
I say something smells fishy here.
You cant have both.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is something you all in FVSL div 2 might find interesting.
All the VMSL CAT teams who have always been on "A" forms and act as Premier reserve teams have all signed "B" forms this year and are playing off to see who gets to compete in the B Provincials....
FVSL ,VISL and the PCSL did not know this till just a day ago.
Why does it matter...Well these teams are the Premier reserves and not div 2. Still it doesnt matter what you call the division as long as they play on a B form..Kinda like Richmond. We all know they are better than Div 2 but they only sign thier Premier clubs out there on B forms. And now the VMSL has kinda done the same thing.
Wait it gets better.
The reason CAT traditionaly has signed on A forms is because the amount of teams on A form dictates the number of teams a league gets to enter into the A Provincials.
The more teams you have on A forms the more teams you get to enter in the A provincials. Makes sense and is fair.
So why do the VMSL with only 4 teams on A forms more than the FVSL on A forms get 9 "A" Provincial berths and the FVSL only get 5? And, now also get to enter all those VMSL Premier reserve teams into the B cup?
It use to be that the VMSL sacrificed (CAT) teams to get more spots in the Provincials..Understandable ..Well now they get thier cake and eat it too...
I say something smells fishy here.
You cant have both.

Pretty uninteresting.

The 4 extra provincial births the VMSL get go to good use. I dont know what having the 6th-9th place premier teams in the provincial cup would do to benefit FVSL or BCSL. At most the teams would get 2 more games, if they are lucky enough to draw each other.

Ghouse you yourself stated how useless the CAT system was. A league full of players who have nothing to play for other than a spot on the bench of a prem squad, isnt going to be any good. Either way, you are sending your prem reserve squad to the Provincial B cup, ultimately its the same thing.

Continually posting the same "facts" in as many threads as possible is not really benefiting your crusade against the VMSL.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty uninteresting.

The 4 extra provincial births the VMSL get go to good use. I dont know what having the 6th-9th place premier teams in the provincial cup would do to benefit FVSL or BCSL. At most the teams would get 2 more games, if they are lucky enough to draw each other.

Ghouse you yourself stated how useless the CAT system was. A league full of players who have nothing to play for other than a spot on the bench of a prem squad, isnt going to be any good. Either way, you are sending your prem reserve squad to the Provincial B cup, ultimately its the same thing.

Continually posting the same "facts" in as many threads as possible is not really benefiting your crusade against the VMSL.

I agree that the CAT teams are not as strong as Any Premier team and I could care less that they are entering into the B Cup, Infact its a good Idea for those teams to have something to play for...What I am saying is to be able to do that they had to sign to B forms giveing up A spots.
Yet the VMSL is still sending the same amount of teams to the A provincials which is wrong...
I post on more than 1 thread because it effects more than 1 topic and most TTPers dont read posts from other Divisions.
Call it a crusade if you like but when something which effects so many and something done which is totally wrong people should know about it.
For years things to do with soccer have been done without members knowing. Good and bad. People have a right to know whats going on...Just like when WA made the BCPL deal and his clubs didnt know what was going on..This is the same shti .
Rules are not being followed and everyone has a right to know...Crusade??
Well the problem seems to be comeing from the same place and quite frankly were sick of it.
Rules of this Importance just as the forming of a new division need to be voted on before changeing.We in the FVSL new what was going on in the BCPL. Well Now we dont and none of the 3 other leagues knew either.
It was done with every intention to help 1 league at the expence of the others. Not fair.
Call me what you like..I atleast am 1 person standing up to the Bull shti that has been thrown our way.
And if you think I will go away you are wrong again. I will lobby and i will scream and I will get what is right and fair.
For so many years so many of you have just sat back and took it up the backside and then complained...But know one did anything..Well that time is over.
We all have a right to know what is going on and to have all the info put infront of us on any matter to do with our leagues. We are voteing members. Its our right.
And when an injustice is done...We are bloody allowed to fix it.

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that the CAT teams are not as strong as Any Premier team and I could care less that they are entering into the B Cup, Infact its a good Idea for those teams to have something to play for...What I am saying is to be able to do that they had to sign to B forms giveing up A spots.
Yet the VMSL is still sending the same amount of teams to the A provincials which is wrong...
I post on more than 1 thread because it effects more than 1 topic and most TTPers dont read posts from other Divisions.
Call it a crusade if you like but when something which effects so many and something done which is totally wrong people should know about it.
For years things to do with soccer have been done without members knowing. Good and bad. People have a right to know whats going on...Just like when WA made the BCPL deal and his clubs didnt know what was going on..This is the same shti .
Rules are not being followed and everyone has a right to know...Crusade??
Well the problem seems to be comeing from the same place and quite frankly were sick of it.
Rules of this Importance just as the forming of a new division need to be voted on before changeing.We in the FVSL new what was going on in the BCPL. Well Now we dont and none of the 3 other leagues knew either.
It was done with every intention to help 1 league at the expence of the others. Not fair.
Call me what you like..I atleast am 1 person standing up to the Bull shti that has been thrown our way.
And if you think I will go away you are wrong again. I will lobby and i will scream and I will get what is right and fair.
For so many years so many of you have just sat back and took it up the backside and then complained...But know one did anything..Well that time is over.
We all have a right to know what is going on and to have all the info put infront of us on any matter to do with our leagues. We are voteing members. Its our right.
And when an injustice is done...We are bloody allowed to fix it.

I nominate Ghouse for president of the FVSLPA

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Information and getting the message out to all FVSL members is key.
Maybe the league can send e-mails out or a monthly newsletter to FVSL teams describing these things. I mean the more information sent out early, the more they can help teams prepare better and structure their teams moving forward. Cause i'm sure there a lot of teams that don't know these things and aren't on TTP.

In terms of rule breaking and fairness, i'm sure that's what BC Soccer can do/inforce. Have a sit down with them, i'm sure their will be a couple there that see the same thing. Worth a try.

If they can't do anything about it, maybe FVSL should do the same thing, sign more 'A' players as well. Equalize things out a bit. No point complaining about things if BC Soccer won't do anything about, VMSL will do the same thing and FVSL will get stiffed on those extra spots.

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't it kinda funny that ACBC would be complaining about the rules being broken.This is a team that signed 39 players to a div.2 team and repeatedly played those same players on their premier squad.Players who don't know each others names because they've never met before and a pile of 1 game permits for players who are clearly playing in the wrong division.Then come on TTP and claim to be really good, if you're that good play in the division that best suits your talent.By the way I think you are a really good team.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't it kinda funny that ACBC would be complaining about the rules being broken.This is a team that signed 39 players to a div.2 team and repeatedly played those same players on their premier squad.Players who don't know each others names because they've never met before and a pile of 1 game permits for players who are clearly playing in the wrong division.Then come on TTP and claim to be really good, if you're that good play in the division that best suits your talent.By the way I think you are a really good team.
that has nothing to do with breaking the rules. its all within the rules and other clubs like port moody gunners do it as well. thats called running a good club system. clearly its working as they sit in #1 in both of their divisions so ghouse must be doing something right....someone a little bitter maybe ??

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

You have no idea what your talking about.
If more teams adopted a club system our league would continue to grow. Makes for better competition and brings all players potential skill levels higher. Also creates consistency among Divisions as far as top teams go. Your probably a Div 3 bottom feeder that can't understand these simple soccer concepts.

Far as Ghouse is saying in regarding the so called "rules being broken" you speak of, It's letting the rest of the FVSL know of a loop hole that clubs in the VMSL have found in order to keep more of their teams in Cup play. If anything it helps us for future years.

Maybe if you read the rules of the league, you could see that club systems are allowed and encouraged. Helps in all aspects from players with other committments, injuries and disipline.

As for playing in the wrong division, teams have to move up divsions in order to get to where they belong. Unless you have a better way? Try and understand this is how team sports are played and evolved before you go around calling people cheaters. Look at the LUFC, they have many teams of all skills in all different Divisions, are they cheating? Or finding niches for the players they have? As those players develop they will get called up or recruited into more fitting spots for them.

People like you with dumbass comments are in need of some simple education of how team sports work at the basic level.

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow,what a response.I don't have a problem with a good club system.I've played from Premier to Div.2 over 21 years in FVSL,I've used call ups and have gone up myself.What I dislike is players who play at the lowest level and get called up to the highest level.I never called anybody a cheater and have a pretty good understanding of how team sports work.You use LUFC as an example and the different skill levels and divisions available,do you think it's fair that a lesser skilled Div.2 team play against players who play in Premier every week and use Div.2 as a warm up?I've heard that some of ACBC's players are now playing in Div.3 with another team who may or may not have an affiliation with ACBC.Does that sound like fun to you?Maybe you're running a team that's in a higher division or just another team that thinks it should be but playing a good young team on it's way up is fair, playing teams that are loading up at a lower level is not.Maybe think about the players who are playing at the highest level they can achieve and are playing because they love playing soccer.This will keep more people interested in playing and this will help grow the game not chase them away.Enjoyed your dumbass comment about me,I can take it.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow,what a response.I don't have a problem with a good club system.I've played from Premier to Div.2 over 21 years in FVSL,I've used call ups and have gone up myself.What I dislike is players who play at the lowest level and get called up to the highest level.I never called anybody a cheater and have a pretty good understanding of how team sports work.You use LUFC as an example and the different skill levels and divisions available,do you think it's fair that a lesser skilled Div.2 team play against players who play in Premier every week and use Div.2 as a warm up?I've heard that some of ACBC's players are now playing in Div.3 with another team who may or may not have an affiliation with ACBC.Does that sound like fun to you?Maybe you're running a team that's in a higher division or just another team that thinks it should be but playing a good young team on it's way up is fair, playing teams that are loading up at a lower level is not.Maybe think about the players who are playing at the highest level they can achieve and are playing because they love playing soccer.This will keep more people interested in playing and this will help grow the game not chase them away.Enjoyed your dumbass comment about me,I can take it.

Truth is unlucky4u, that's the club system. Higher Level players playing in lower levels bringing up the lower team and getting in a good practice. That in truth may not be fair to those they are playing against, but that is essentially the club system.

I personally don't think it's fair either that Premier players play against Div.2 players or Div.3 players, but until those rules are changed, that's what all teams have to deal with and prepare themselves to deal with.

Countless clubs/teams have done this so far and will continue to do so.
In the end, it's how teams prepare themselves for it, if the league says that's fine. There's no use complaining about it, it just means time to sign Div.1 players.

Besides, how can one tell whose a Div.1, Div.2 or a Div.3 player. There are a lot players playing in Div.3 right now i think should be in Div.2 or higher, yet there are some people that think they should be lower. It's really all subjective. There are some obvious recruits like someone coming from a Premier team or even a Reserve Whitecap team, but in the end it's how teams prepare themselves if they are looking to climb the ladder.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must remember..premier players are not allowed to play down. Only players in lower divisions may be called up.
So when you say Premier player you must be commenting on the players soccer talent.
Because any player playing must be signed to that team or a lower division club team.
A few things here. If a player is comming back from an injury, shouldnt he play at a lower level until he is fit enough to join the higher division team?
If you have 20 players on your team, shouldnt you have the guys who ride the bench and do not get as much playing time play with the lower division club team to stay ready for the Premier team.?
Us ,ACBC for example we have a Premier club and a div 2 (now promoted to div 1 club).
For our system to work properly the lower division second team needs to be in div 1,right behind our Premier team. So YES we signed players down to get the points we needed to advance/promote our lower club team. We started a new team behind our original team. Because we were new to the league, We had to start in div 3. So we did and ,,did what we had to to get promoted in the shortest and fastest time possable.
And believe you me ...hammering teams is just as fun as getting hammered...It sucks.
But those are the rules and you must pay your dues and work your way up.
That player permit rule will not ever change. Because its what is done everywhere and is just how it works. and it makes sense. Yes it sucks for teams who are independant clubs.
But its needed to create stability for Premier teams and to give younger players a chance to get experience. Not to mention a place for players who do not play alot or injured recovery players some time aswell. Oh and dont forget it also allows teams with card troubles,holidays,work or injuries to call up guys just to field a team so there are less forfeits. Its a good rule.

As for BC United playing ACBC players...They signed a few guys who use to play with us.
LOL so has Moody GEU Langley hell a few more too. SO? I have guys from all over too...who have played somewhere before.
Players move around for many reasons. Mostly because they want more time on the field.
I sign a lot of players..obviously some will not be happy they couldnt make our starting 11 and move on...to somewhere. And friends recruit friends.
BC United was smart enough to sign a couple guys and asked them if they new anyone else..which they did.
I have at least 1 new player out everyweek...from somewhere.

unlucky4u

Jan 20, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well ghouse I will give to you,you seem to find really good players from everywhere.Do you live by the airport?I like you ghouse,you never seem to get angry when someone makes a comment and are always respectful.I don't want to go over this again but let's look at the facts.When your team was in div.3 and walked over everyone you were offered a pass to div.1 and you declined.In 2008/2009 your team probably would have won promotion but had numerous points taken away for playing illegal players.I watched the cup game with b.c. united and the players that played for you and are now on b.c. and they would be welcome on any div.2 I know.Maybe now that you have a team in div.1 this discussion is moot but rules may not be broken now but they were,and that was what I referred to in my original comment.Maybe players would get more experience if players who you know are going up to help your premier team weekly would sign with your premier team and that would allow the other players more time.Cleatsupp,I would think by now you would realize I know the way it is and some teams take advantage of the rules and ghouse is one of them which is okay I guess,just don't write in to mention something fishy is going on.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well ghouse I will give to you,you seem to find really good players from everywhere.Do you live by the airport?I like you ghouse,you never seem to get angry when someone makes a comment and are always respectful.I don't want to go over this again but let's look at the facts.When your team was in div.3 and walked over everyone you were offered a pass to div.1 and you declined.In 2008/2009 your team probably would have won promotion but had numerous points taken away for playing illegal players.I watched the cup game with b.c. united and the players that played for you and are now on b.c. and they would be welcome on any div.2 I know.Maybe now that you have a team in div.1 this discussion is moot but rules may not be broken now but they were,and that was what I referred to in my original comment.Maybe players would get more experience if players who you know are going up to help your premier team weekly would sign with your premier team and that would allow the other players more time.Cleatsupp,I would think by
now you would realize I know the way it is and some teams take advantage of the rules and ghouse is one of them which is okay I guess,just don't write in to mention something fishy is going on.

We were offered a pass to div 1 true. But declined it because I knew we were loseing a bunch of the guys..the Next year in div 2 we finnished 500 in div 2...so glad we didnt move up. True we had a great cup run but still its not the league.
0809 3 points taken away plus the game played points lost 6 in total for playing one guy with to many yellow cards...cards from the year before and i never thought to check on the dam disciplin page on the first game of the season...I always thought that cards started fresh. yes and no...yes they start fresh but if you have a suspention even a 3 yellow card suspention ,it carries over to the next year.
My mistake. Still we didnt have enough points to even be close to moveing up that year.
Some teams move up and come right back down. I dont want to be that team, I want to be ready.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I have to be with the Premier team tomorow night. I am hopeing to get over for as much as possable towards the end.
I will say we have caught the injury bug. This is your chance to knock us out for sure.
Scotty is out, rolled his ankle real nasty last sunday dureing the dam makeup game.
He was MVP of the Cup final last year. Carmine broke his ribs last week and is out.
A couple hammys and groins. Infact only 3 players trained on Wednesday.
Excuses,,,Im afraid so.
Wish us luck.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the dam make up games! which is why we had ours moved to the following make up weekend because of this exact reason. Should still be a great game, but too bad it wont be against acbc's best. Yet, to be the best gotta beat the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0