Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership summer transfers

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CELTIC HATTY

Can you imagine how many more goals he would have scored if he didn't still have the hanger in his jersey…?

Liverpool have been given permission by Benfica to make a new bid for Portugal star Simao Sabrosa. (Daily Mirror)

Atletico Madrid have put a £41.4m price tag on striker Fernando Torres, with AC Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Newcastle all tracking him. (The Sun)

Manchester United number two Carlos Queiroz will be given the task of convincing his Portuguese compatriot Cristiano Ronaldo to stay at Old Trafford. (The Sun)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mark Gonzales got his work permit approved today, meaning he will finally get to strut his stuff for Liverpool.

The Reds have also signed Fabio Aurelio, left back, from Valencia on a free transfer. I believe he will be the first Brazilian to play for the pool.

Gabriel Palleta is also, officially, a liverpool player as well. Palleta is the opposite of KNVB in that he's rough, he's tough and he takes no guff. He is Argentine and a centre-back as well.

With Craig Bellamy also signed and, hopefully, Daniel Alves on the way, there is a definite theme to Rafa's signings this summer. Speed, speed and more speed. Not counting the lumbering Argie lumberjack Palleta, of course.

Should be a very interesting season. Nice work so far Rafa, let's have some more please.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jock said:
CELTIC HATTY

Can you imagine how many more goals he would have scored if he didn't still have the hanger in his jersey…?

Liverpool have been given permission by Benfica to make a new bid for Portugal star Simao Sabrosa. (Daily Mirror)

Atletico Madrid have put a £41.4m price tag on striker Fernando Torres, with AC Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Newcastle all tracking him. (The Sun)

Manchester United number two Carlos Queiroz will be given the task of convincing his Portuguese compatriot Cristiano Ronaldo to stay at Old Trafford. (The Sun)

One of the better hat-tricks you'll ever see. :)

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hamann heading for City
Dietmar Hamann will complete one of the shortest transfers in Premiership history on Wednesday when he joins Manchester City from Bolton Wanderers. The German midfielder has been coveted by both north-west clubs ever since it became apparent he was surplus to requirements at Liverpool, despite having a year remaining on his Anfield contract.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like that C. Ronaldo isn't the only ManU player that is being coveted by Real Madrid.

Capello eyes Van Nistelrooy switch
New Real Madrid coach Fabio Capello could be thinking over a move for Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Capello led Juventus to the last two Scudettos but ended his two-year reign last week with the Turin giants facing possible relegation due to match-fixing.

The Italian coach is evaluating his squad and Real president Ramon Calderon said on the club's official website: 'It seems as though Fabio likes Van Nistelrooy.

'He could complement Ronaldo in playing together.'
One hole to fill is being left by French midfielder Zinedine Zidane, who has retired.

'There is enough (money) for us to make six or seven reinforcements and they will be here before August 3,' Calderon said.
Some of Juventus' high-profile players may be available should the Bianconeri, as expected, be demoted as punishment in the Serie A scandal.

'I wouldn't like for Juventus to be relegated,' Calderon said. 'We don't need for something bad to happen in order to make signings.

'The signings that Capello has asked for are possible.

'Of course I would like for Cesc (Fabregas) to be one of our signings. We had an agreement with the player during the presidential elections, but we have yet to sit down with Arsenal and negotiate.

'With regards to Kaka, Capello has told me he is an exceptional player. He (Kaka) wanted to come three months ago when I was a club executive, but now we must talk to AC Milan.'

One player who could be on his way out of the Bernabeu is long-serving fullback Roberto Carlos.

'Roberto Carlos has the idea of leaving and he has already informed the sporting director (Predrag Mijatovic),' Calderon added.

'If Roberto leaves, Fabio Capello has asked me for a replacement.'

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems that since the presidential elections are all sorted out at Real that Ronaldo is no longer a priority for them. The Presidential nominee that was coveting ronaldo lost out in his bid and the new boss is looking at other players. Besides, reports have Alex Ferguson stating that Ronaldo is going nowhere. Yet Ronaldo has been very vocal about his time at Manchester being over. This will be interesting to watch. He seems to think he can dictate to AF. How wrong he will be, me thinks.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cisse's loan move to Marseille has finally been sorted out. Apparently there's potential for an 8 million pound transfer at the conclusion of the loan.

I am happy to see it finally done but am not so convinced that Marseille will stump up the for the fee next year. The Reds have already been burned a few times by French clubs taking players on loan with a view to a permanent move, with the permanent bit never actually happening. Cheyrou is a good example.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ronaldo: Good chance I could stay with Man Utd
tribalfooball.com - July 12, 2006

Cristiano Ronaldo has opened the door to staying with Manchester United.

The wing ace, who has declared he wants to join Real Madrid, said in Portugal this morning: "There are possibilities of continuing with Manchester United, but also there are other possibilities.

"Everything is open. If I had to leave Manchester United, I do not want to do it on bad terms, because it is a club that contributed to my human and professional development.

"For now, I want to forget about football. It's most important to rest and enjoy my return to Madeira."

Hmm...A bit different tune then 48 hours ago. But he still feels like he has to make it seem as though he has some choice in the matter. Arrogant prick, really...

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
[
B]Van Nistelrooy wants to leave United, says Ferguson[/B]
LONDON, July 14 (Reuters) -- Netherlands striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has asked to leave Manchester United, manager Alex Ferguson said on Friday.

"There may be some interest from Real Madrid and Bayern Munich," the BBC Web site quoted Ferguson as saying after arriving in Durban for their South African pre-season tour.

"I am waiting for Manchester United chief executive David Gill to fill me in but Ruud van Nistelrooy has asked to leave the club."

The 30-year-old Dutchman, who disappointed at the World Cup and was dropped for the second-round defeat by Portugal, lost his place to Louis Saha in the United lineup towards the end of last Premier League season.

I can see them being alright with moving one of their stars, but the chances of moving Ronaldo as well as Rudd is slim, I think. It was obvious a healthy Saha was playing ahead of Rudd and with his status, no chnace of him being at all content with comming of of the bench.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
English teams keen on the following players:

Chelsea
Alessandro Nesta (Milan), Fabio Cannavaro, Pavel Nedved, Gianluca Zambrotta (all Juve)
Manchester United
Patrick Vieira, Pavel Nedved (both Juve), Gennaro Gattuso (Milan), Luca Toni (Fiorentina)
Liverpool
Mauro Camoranesi, David Trezeguet (both Juve)
Arsenal
Gianluca Buffon, Lilian Thuram, Patrick Vieira, David Trezeguet (all Juve), Filippo Inzaghi (Milan)
Tottenham
Lilian Thuram (Juve), Filippo Inzaghi (Milan)

Sandman

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jermaine Pennant is reportedly in Liverpool today to undergo his medical and complete a 6 million pound transfer from Birmingham. This will finally give LFC the right winger they have been looking for the past year.

Although Daniel Alves was the number one target, Sevilla wanted 12 million pounds and, well, Rafa didn't have that much to spend.

This transfer is good value for the money but, much like the Bellamy move, the player's attitude is a bit of a question mark. Well worth the risk in my opinion though. If these guys can't sort themselves out to play for LFC then we have a problem, Houston.

Dirk Kuyt is the next on the list, so they say. They being Dazza's infomer. That is, his wife's cousin's sister's boyfriend.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pennant done & dusted...#16 allocated (Didi's old # - big shoes to fill)....in Switzerland with the rest of the squad preparing for the Kaiser game...

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horseface is gone from Manchester United. Off to Real for 19 million Euros. I believe that means United have not only not brought anyone new in yet, but have lost one. Good work so far Sir Alex.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think he's going to tear Spain a new one. 15 is a steal.
Real Madrid sign Dutch striker Van Nistelrooy

MADRID, July 27 (Reuters) - Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy will join Real Madrid from Manchester United on a three-year contract, the Primera Liga club said on Thursday.

The deal is reported by Spanish media to be worth around 15 million euros ($19.12 million).

'Real Madrid have reached an agreement with Manchester United for the signing of Ruud van Nistelrooy,' the Spanish club said in a statement.

'The player will take a medical on Friday morning and will be presented in the afternoon at 1700 GMT in the Bernabeu.'

The 30-year-old scored 150 goals for United since joining in 2001 for a then British record fee of £19 million ($35.39 million).

He is Real's third signing under new president Ramon Calderon following on from Italy defender Fabio Cannavaro and Brazil midfielder Emerson, and will link up with former Manchester United team mate David Beckham.

Van Nistelrooy put in a transfer request two weeks ago and Real and Bayern Munich had been competing to secure his services for next season.

The Dutchman fell out of favour at United in the latter part of last season as manager Alex Ferguson increasingly looked to Louis Saha to partner Wayne Rooney in attack.

He was an unused substitute in United's 4-0 victory over Wigan in the League Cup final in February and stormed out of Old Trafford when he was left out of their final league match of the season against Charlton Athletic in May.

Van Nistelrooy, who has scored 28 goals in 54 games for Netherlands, found the net just once at the recent World Cup and was left on the bench by Dutch coach Marco van Basten during their second-round defeat against Portugal.

The Dutchman will face stiff competition from Raul, Robinho, Julio Baptista, Antonio Cassano and Ronaldo for a place in the Real attack, although his arrival is likely to hasten the departure of at least one of the forwards.

Real are in the process of trying to put together a team under new coach Fabio Capello which will help them win their first trophy in four seasons.

Van Nistelrooy started his career with Dutch sides Den Bosch and Heerenveen before joining PSV Eindhoven in 1998 where he scored an impressive 62 goals from 67 appearances.

United manager Ferguson continued with his bid to bring Van Nistelrooy to the club even after the striker failed a medical in April 2000 and then sustained a serious cruciate knee ligament injury while training with PSV a few days later.

He finally arrived in 2001 and repaid Ferguson's faith in him by scoring 36 goals in all competitions in his debut season.

He was the Premier League's leading scorer with 25 goals when United won the championship in 2003 and was also named PFA Player of the Year.

He has scored 20 goals or more in four of his five seasons at Old Trafford.

Van Nistelrooy is United's all-time top scorer in Europe, having surpassed Denis Law's long-standing record in September 2004 and is the fourth highest scorer in the European Cup, level on 47 goals with Portuguese great Eusebio

Attachments

• rudd.jpg
    rudd.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 44

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like United have finally pulled the trigger and snatched up Michael Carrick from Spurs. Some reports have put the price at a whopping 18 million pounds. Fcuk a duck, if that's true then Spurs have made 15 million on the deal as they bought him for 2.75 million less than 2 years ago. Sorry about all the big numbers KNVB. Just imagine lots and lots of money.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0