Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership summer transfers

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's include transfer speculation/rumours here as well as confirmed moves shall we.

I'll start off.

Premiership champions Chelsea are rumoured to be bringing in at least three new faces this summer. Michael Ballack is already confirmed and Andrei Schevchenko is rumoured to be on their list as well. Even Roberto Carlos is talking of a possible transfer to the Rent Boys. There is much confusion though as to how many new faces this would actually be. As Michael Ballack is obviously two-faced, Carlos unable to face the fact he is washed up and Chelsea having to face-off with Milan over Schevchenko, Chelsea may have to face facts and, in an attempt to save face, limit their summer transfer spree to just Ballack's two faces. Also, as of yet, there is no word as to whether or not Face from the A-team will be joining the English champions during the close season as well.

Anyone else got some speculative drivel?

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defoe to Liverpool within the next week for anywhere from 9 million to 15 million pounds.

Wayne Bridge to Spurs.

Possibly Shaun Wright Phillips to Spurs.

Carlton Cole to Spurs as our fourth striker.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Defoe to Liverpool rumour seems to have something behind it. Can't see Benitez paying more than 8-9 million though. He's pretty tight with the purse strings. I'd rather see Dirk Kuyt on his way but then what the hell do I know?

Spurs have just signed Berbatov from Leverkusen (for 10 million pounds) so Mido looks to be heading back to Roma when his loan deal expires in July. Although I haven't seen that much of him, Mido looked to be a pretty decent player. Why haven't Spurs tried to get him permanent?

SWP to Spurs? Although Liverpool would like him there is no way Kenyon or Mourinho would let that happen. Not sure they'll let him go to Spurs either. Most people seem to be saying he'll be loaned back to City (who obviously pose no threat whatsoever to Chelsea's title ambitions).

Actually, what I'd really like to see is Henry leave the Arse for Barcelona, thus removing the Gunners from the title winning equation. Henry seemed to trash talk some of the Barcelona lads a bit after today's game though, so who knows.

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crystal Palace are expected to grant Bolton permission to speak to striker Andrew Johnson next week, with a £7m price tag agreed.

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce wants to sign Real Madrid midfielder Thomas Gravesen - but the Dane wants to join Manchester United.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jock said:
Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce wants to sign Real Madrid midfielder Thomas Gravesen - but the Dane wants to join Manchester United.

One can only hope United sign Gravesen. I've seen him play live, in Madrid (how's that for self-promotion), and he just runs around like a headless chicken barging into people and kicking the other team. No sort of positional sense if you ask me. I just can't see him being a decent replacement for Roy Keane, which means I'd be ecstatic if United did go for him. Go Fergie go!

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thierry Henry is set to end months of speculation over his future by signing a new contract at Arsenal, inspired by their Champions League final display. Henry, whose contract runs out next year, had been linked with a move to Champions League winners Barcelona.

BBC Sports

Thats good news for the Gooners, I'd like to see him sign a new contract with Arsenal. He's good for the EPL!

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drogba - gone to either Lyon or AC Milan for a potential swap for Shevchenko. Tevez from Corinthians another possible replacement.

Del Horno - gone as well.....liked the bright lights of London a bit too much according to the "special one".

Sandman

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Henry is staying at Arsenal (boo!) and the Gunners have signed Rosicky from Dortmund also.

Apparently Liverpool are still in for Daniel Alves (Right midfielder/fullback) from Sevilla as well as Kuyt (striker, Feyenoord). Kuyt's agent has been shopping him around like a common street whore/Surrey soccer player by hinting that he'd really like to play at Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton and maybe ten or twelve other premiership teams.

United (no, not Newcastle, the other United) have been linked with Fernando Torres. Don't think this guy is as good as his hype so let's hope Fergie breaks the bank on him. Go Fergie go. Problem with Sir Alex is that Rafa, Wenger and Mourinho are being very discreet with their desired players, thus SAF has no idea what player(s) he should buy. He's been reading a lot of newspapers recently to try and figure out who the big names are.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool have sold Fernando Morientes to Valencia for an undisclosed fee. Most reports put the fee at about 3 million pounds. Obviously Rafa has someone/something in mind. But who, Rafa, who? C'mon, man, just log on here and give me a hint.

RATU

Jul 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
robert pires signs with villareal, from what read in the province this morning...good to hear henry staying on board in north london...:)

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shevchenko is leaving Milan - confirmed at a farewell Press Conference.....it appears he is Chelsea bound

Sandman

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose a striker version of musical chairs will start up as soon as he leaves. Wonder who Milan will get to replace him.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Liverpool have sold Fernando Morientes to Valencia for an undisclosed fee. Most reports put the fee at about 3 million pounds. Obviously Rafa has someone/something in mind. But who, Rafa, who? C'mon, man, just log on here and give me a hint.

Like the move. Just was not a good fit and seems to have lost his touch. Liked him though and hope he does well in more familiar territory.

Now for a striker. Would love to see them take a run at V.Nistelrooy. Would not mind one of the other UK boys rumored. Get rid of Cisse and never bring in another like him. For all the talent he has, he is twice the head case.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Get rid of Cisse and never bring in another like him. For all the talent he has, he is twice the head case.

Ironic that you say that. There is a lot of talk about Liverpool making a move for Craig Bellamy! Talk about talent allied with psychological issues. Football-wise, at 6 million pounds it would be a great deal. Attitude-wise...?!

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like Bellamy; he’s a bit of a nutter but a great striker never the less. He was struggling when he got to Celtic Park but turned it around. Some of the goals he scored this past season should be in the EPL’s top 10. I think playing with the likes of Gerrard might calm him down a bit, I really can’t see him putting up with Bellamy’s sh!t (if in fact he lands at Liverpool)…

Shevchenko is on his way to Chelsea, but the details of the deal (which could see William Gallas move to the San Siro) are still being ironed out...

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool wrap up Bellamy switch

Dapotayto said:
There is a lot of talk about Liverpool making a move for Craig Bellamy! Talk about talent allied with psychological issues. Football-wise, at 6 million pounds it would be a great deal. Attitude-wise...?!

Liverpool have completed the signing of Blackburn striker Craig Bellamy on a four-year contract.
The 26-year-old Welsh international sealed the deal, which is thought to be in the region of £6m, 24 hours after passing a medical. BBC SPORT

Sorry bout you luck Crouch...

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great news. Cisse on the verge of being out and another Brit in. By no means the answer to our issues up front, but a great piece. (Wish we had the nuts and United the desire to go after V. Nistelrooy.) Not too worried about his attitude issues, I think the likes of Benitez and Mourinho have proven they can deal with these guys with essentially a zero tolerance policy. Joe Cole at Chelsea is the biggest example of them all.

I think no matter what happens the rest of this transfer year, it will be a collosul undertaking for anybody to knock of Chelsea for the title. Too deep over 38 games. However in a one off such as FA Cup and Champs league, anybody can fall.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, should be a very good signing, this guy can really play. Still think there will be another striker signed for the fall. And Crouch is by no means out of the reckoning just because Bellamy is there. It just means more possibilities, as Rafa likes to say.

Liverpool are also still negotiating with Sevilla over Daniel Alves. Sticking point is the price, of course. Alves would be another very good addition by the sounds of things.

Can't wait to see what Rafa does next.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0