Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, that's old news, Torres let the Spanish media know this much two months ago. They are terrible to watch as Torres says everything happens so slowly with that squad, no dynamic movement, so British.

Then why did Chelsea hire a Portuguese manager then ?? I think Torres should concentrate on his own qualities & stop worrying about everyone else's.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then why did Chelsea hire a Portuguese manager then ?? I think Torres should concentrate on his own qualities & stop worrying about everyone else's.

yes and before that an Italian and before that a dutchmen. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man United's debt down after positive financial results - ESPN Soccernet

Evil Glazers coming good?

Apparently, what is ringed in black is land United own as well as area that has been recently purchased by MUFC:

oldtraffordthree.jpg

Suggestions as to why range from buying land that is cheaper now than in the past, potential expansion to the 'Old Trafford experience' (hotels, amusement centre, etc...) to building a brand new 100 000 seat 'Theater of Dreams'. Apparently, they can't expand the South Stand due to the railway that runs beside it.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Evil Glazers coming good?

Unfortunately no DJ. They're still treating United like an ATM machine .... Over the past 3 years, the Glazer's have charged the club £16.1m in 'management fees'.

The club has never looked better financially (turnover is £73.8m this quarter alone) but unfortunately the Glazers have burdened their own debt on the club.

It's now calculated that the total cost of the Glazers’ ownership of the club since their takeover has come to £532m.

Unbelievable .....

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the blue side of Manchester ...... even more unbelievable than the red side.

Manchester City have revealed an annual loss of £194.9 million for 2010/11, the biggest ever in English football.

Since being taken over by Sheikh Mansour in 2008, City have spent more than £600 million on building a team to challenge for top honours.

WTF ??!! :eek:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No question we've had a few big ones in there :

Berbatov - £30.75 million
Hargreaves - £17 million
Carrick - £18.6 million :rolleyes:
Ferdinand - £29 million
Rooney - £25 million
Veron - £28 million
van Nistelrooy - £19 million

However, we have sold loads of players which I'm sure made a tidy profit .... Ronaldo for £80 million, Becks for £25 million, Stam for £15 million and so many more.

I think City are on a different level to everyone now though ...... nobody can compete financially with them.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, United develops guys like Cleverly & Welbeck... and most teams would give their left nut for players like that.

Who in citeh's lineup is "Homegrown" aside from Richards & Hart? I know those 2 had youth careers elsewhere but only really flourished/played pro at Citeh...

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, United develops guys like Cleverly & Welbeck... and most teams would give their left nut for players like that.

Who in citeh's lineup is "Homegrown" aside from Richards & Hart? I know those 2 had youth careers elsewhere but only really flourished/played pro at Citeh...

Richards is the only one, Joe Hart was almost 20 before he moved to city.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS, some of the ManU supporters getting a little uptight about City's domination this year.......would you like a dodo? Suck it up and accept you're at best second best this year in Manchester :D

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS, some of the ManU supporters getting a little uptight about City's domination this year.......would you like a dodo? Suck it up and accept you're at best second best this year in Manchester :D

Yes captain these boys wouldn't survive a season in Glesga.

10ptsandagameinhand

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe you are a uninformed moron

Just because he joined before you jumped on the bandwagon doesn't mean he came through there system...
He moved there in the summer of 2006, he is 24 now and will be 25 next year. Okay maybe he had just turned 19 by a couple months but that's closer to 20 than to him being a "product of city".

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

because I hate them and love to watch them fail!!! I have no problem admitting that they are a fantastic team, with great skill, and they have become a major threat to every team in pro footy, and I am a fan of some of the players on that squad but as a United fan, I can't explain exactly why (in all honesty have no scientific reason), I just really do hate them with a passion. Even if they played Al Qeada, I wouldn't be wearing a citeh jersey. :crazy:

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just because he joined before you jumped on the bandwagon doesn't mean he came through there system...
He moved there in the summer of 2006, he is 24 now and will be 25 next year. Okay maybe he had just turned 19 by a couple months but that's closer to 20 than to him being a "product of city".

Thanks for your info on Joe Hart once again I didn't know that, you are very informative.

Just so I am clear, are you saying that Richards is the only player that is currently starting for City that was brought through the youth system, (the same city team that I believe only one or two of your Arsenal's starting 11 would make) or are you saying that city haven't developed prem quality players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0