Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2005-2006

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad result for manchester, good result for everyone who dislikes them, as the rovers, on two tallies from pederson, strip man u's hopes of competing in this emerging one-horse premeirship race. 2-1 the final, thanks to the generosity of Paul Schols on a badly judged square pass deep in their own end.

too bad for the reds...I feel the frustration in the posts above. More wins should definately be the norm for Europe champions...

manager

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-1 - Scoreline doesn't indicate run of play but it doesn't matter. Some big mistakes cost us and Chelsea took advantage. Full marks to them and their manager although I am sure he will still find somethng to bitch about. Very frustrated. Need some Europe success to get me back. Oh, another premeirship win would do the trick. I can't stand losing to Chelski but not beating teams we should is just a frustrating. You know people fear them because of comments you hear about them. I'm sure the Reds heard the same in the 70's and 80's.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
willis316 said:
You know people fear them because of comments you hear about them. I'm sure the Reds heard the same in the 70's and 80's.

Absolutely they did. Nobody wanted to go to Anfield in those days for fear of getting embarrassed and schooled off the park. Things have a way of going full circle, I'm sure Liverpool will again experience the glory days they had back in the Shankly and Paisley era's.
Chelsea haven't hit the lime light since Dave Sexton was manager in the early seventies 70-71 so they have waited a long time to restore pride at Stamford Bridge. The quality of players they have says it all. When you have two quality players per any one position on the field, that is what you call depth. Back in the early seventies they lacked depth, but the starting eleven were the best in the league bar none.
I'm not sure we will ever see the glory days return to Forest again in my lifetime, but what a cracking team of no name individuals they had under Mr Clough.

Cheers

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty,

I had the pleasure of living in Nottingham from 1985 to 1989 and watching Forest every second week at home. Cracking team of no namers is right. They were a treat to watch. Cloughie is a complete and utter legend in Nottingham and beyond. It is sad have watched Forest's demise recently. The club has been completely mismanaged for the past 10 years.

Daz

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spurs 2 Toffees 0

Baggies 2 Arseholes 1

Up to second in the Prem now. :D

On to the Red Filth next week. :cool:

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy for the 1-0 result. Again some disappointment in the faliure to capitalize on chances especailly Morientes. I am pretty sure Daglish was thinking he could have scored at least two even at his age. Well Europe normally treats us well so hopefully we can continue our run. Chelski today, wow! They were not boring today in the second half. Nice to see the Engalnd players getting playing time as well. Morinho is still a dick. I am pretty sure he would whine after winning a treble. Wants the world to kiss his feet. Well when you attempt or succesfully buy talent from all over England and Europe, people will hate you. Developing some of his own may be an idea to gain some respect. Anyone have thoughts on this salary cap idea proposed. As a supporter of a bigger club I can't say I would push for it although it does work for the leagues that have one in NA.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We all know who you'd like to go head to head with but methinks Keano don't play that way.

Can't see any of the big clubs being interested in a salary cap. How would they be able to continue their domination of the EPL if it was a level playing field? Hell, Spurs might even win something one day if a cap was in place. Ah, what am I saying, no they wouldn't.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taxi for Gerrard!

What the fcuk is with the Pool? Invincible in Europe and relegation material in the EPL. Aaaaargh!

Anyone think Stevie's agent is going over his contract right about now? Fcuking fcuk fcuk.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Taxi for Gerrard!

Dapotayto said:
What the fcuk is with the Pool? Invincible in Europe and relegation material in the EPL. Aaaaargh!

Anyone think Stevie's agent is going over his contract right about now? Fcuking fcuk fcuk.

You have a manager who is only interested in winning in Europe.

Piss poor in the Prem mate.

Sorry...it has to be said. :D

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Taxi for Gerrard!

dazza said:
You have a manager who is only interested in winning in Europe.

Piss poor in the Prem mate.

Sorry...it has to be said. :D

Not only was Jamie Carragher the only Englishman in either starting XI......

Nuff said.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I can say is:

Robbo
King
Dawson
Carrick
Jenas
Lennon
Defoe

All English.

What are Pool going to do when the new UEFA rules come in regarding limits on foreign players.

Not taking the piss here, just curious what you Pool fans think about that.

Daz

p.s. What a stupid fcuking penalty Arse took yesterday.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Record Intact

CSKA Chavski stopped at 9 wins on the trot. Record by the 1961 Spurs double winning side is still intact at 11 wins on the trot at the start of the season.

Chelski tried to buy it, Spurs did it with developed talent.

Fixtures and Results 1960 - 1961

Sat Aug 30 Everton H 2 0
Mon Aug 22 Blackpool A 3 1
Sat Aug 27 Blackburn Rovers A 4 1
Wed Aug 31 Blackpool H 4 1
Sat Sep 3 Manchester United H 4 1
Wed Sep 7 Bolton Wanderers A 2 1
Sat Sep 10 Arsenal A 3 2
Wed Sep 14 Bolton Wanderers H 3 1
Sat Sep 17 Leicester City A 2 1
Sat Sep 24 Aston Villa H 6 2
Sat Oct 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers A 4 0
Mon Oct 10 Manchester City H 1 1
Sat Oct 15 Nottingham Forest A 4 0
Sat Oct 29 Newcastle United A 4 3
Wed Nov 2 Cardiff City H 3 2
Sat Nov 5 Fulham H 5 1
Sat Nov 2 Sheffield Wednesday A 1 2
Mon Nov 14 Tbilisi Dynamo - Friendly H 5 2
Sat Nov 19 Birmingham City H 6 0
Sat Nov 26 West Bromwich Albion A 3 1
Sat Dec 3 Burnley H 4 4
Sat Dec 10 Preston North End A 1 0
Sat Dec 17 Everton A 3 1
Sat Dec 24 West Ham United H 2 0
Mon Dec 26 West Ham United A 3 0
Sat Dec 31 Blackburn Rovers H 5 2
Sat Jan 7 Charlton Athletic - FA Cup 3rd Round H 3 2
Mon Jan 16 Manchester United A 0 2
Sat Jan 21 Arsenal H 4 2
Sat Jan 28 Crewe Alexandra - FA Cup 4th Round H 5 1
Sat Feb 4 Leicester City H 2 3
Sat Feb 11 Aston Villa A 2 1
Sat Feb 18 Aston Villa - FA Cup 5th Round A 2 0
Wed Feb 22 Wolverhampton Wanderers H 5-0
Sat Mar 4 Sunderland - FA Cup 6th Round A 1 1
Wed Mar 8 Sunderland A 2 3
Sat Mar 18 Burnley - FA Cup Semi-Final Villa Park 3 0
Wed Mar 22 Newcastle United H 1 2
Sat Mar 25 Fulham A 0 0
Fri Mar 31 Chelsea H 4 2
Sat Apl 1 Preston North End H 5 0
Mon Apl 3 Chelsea A 3 2
Sat Apl 8 Birmingham City A 3 2
Mon Apl 17 Sheffield Wednesday H 2 1
Sat Apl 22 Burnley A 2 4
Wed Apl 26 Nottingham Forest H 1 0
Sat Apl 26 West Bromwich Albion H 1 2
Sat May 6 Leicester City - FA Cup Final Wembley 2 0

18 players used no subs also 7 internationals played by the the first 11

Danny Blanchflower (capt and Northern Ireland) ,
Bill Brown (and Scotland), Ron Henry (and England),
Les Allen, Dave Mackay (and Scotland), Terry Dyson, Peter Baker, Maurice Norman (and England), John White (and Scotland)
Cliff Jones (and Wales), Bobby Smith (and England).

Not just a great Side But possibly the greatest side ever !!

Amen

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose it's no surprise that the man who sent me that wee gem got particularly the two of you's attention.

You're both a big fan of him.

:D

Fastshowforever

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a good laugh RF but just to keep things in perspective the 'Pool are seven points out of fourth with two games in hand and twenty-nine left to play. Game on. Speaking of good laughs at Liverpool's expense, the West Ham supporters were singing, "What the fcuk is that?!" when Crouch came on against them. Poor Crouchie sure takes a lot of stick.

What are you on Dazza? The best team ever?! God, they really have to start limiting the computer access at Riverview.

What has happened to Rio Ferdinand anyway? The world's most expensive defender has been absolutely shite. And where is Walks for that matter? Helloooo, Walks, are you there?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Keano has joined the 'Blame it on Rio' club.

He just gave a pretty scathing interview knocking a few Man Yoo players, including Ferdinand, which apparently MUTV wouldn't air after the Boro humping.

Again, where is the Fastshow when you need him? :D

Dap:
I would never, ever, discount the ability of Gerrard and company at this stage.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HERE YOU GO:

"Just because you are paid £120,000-a-week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar."

More:

"There is talk about putting this right in January and bringing players in. We should be doing the opposite - we should be getting rid of people in January."

"The younger players have been let down by some of the more experienced players. They are just not of characters in the team. It seems to be in this club that you have to play badly to be rewarded.

"Maybe that is what I should do when I come back. Play badly.

"The players have been asked questions and they are just not coming up with the answers.

"I am sick of having to say it and they are sick of listening to me.

"These guys thought getting new contracts was the best day of their careers.

"They think they have made it. They haven't.

"The fact they are out should be enough incentive for those coming in to play better and give more," he said. "It is not enough to play well for 20 minutes, it is a 90-minute game.

"You get well rewarded but you have to put the hard work to earn those rewards."

KEANE ON: EDWIN VAN DER SAR

Analysing the first goal United condeded against Middlesbrough, when Edwin Van der Sar let slip a 30-yard shot... He should have saved that. That was saveable

KEANE ON: JOHN O'SHEA

He's just strolling around when he should have been busting a gut to get back

KEANE ON: RIO FERDINAND

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink robbed Ferdinand for the second goal... I have seen that happen to Rio before. It is poor defending

KEANE ON: DARREN FLETCHER

I can't understand why people in Scotland rave about Darren Fletcher

KEANE ON: KEIRAN RICHARDSON

On the penalty Richardson gave away.... He is a lazy defender who deserved to get punished.. he wasn't doing his job

KEANE ON: ALAN SMITH

What is he doing there? He is wandering around as if he is lost. He doesn't know what he is doing.

I know some people think he's a knob, but I reckon he's got a point here...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0