Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2005-2006

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well its certainly refreshing in today's sporting world to hear someone tell it like it is. It's like gatorade but keanoade. Anyone else on the team care for some? Seems like he's determined to go out with all guns blazing which I would expect from the guy. Although I like to (try to anyway) slam Keano he has certainly earned the right to say the things he does. Ferdinand is obviously not fit to tie his boots when it comes to hard work, loyalty and guts.

It seems United are paying the price now for not strengthening their midfield when they should have, instead of buying Rooney. Now Shrek is a spectacular player but it was pretty obvious that with Keane, Scholes and Giggs getting older and their replacements not up to standard (aside from Stepover that is), that priorities lay there. Ah, well.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Well its certainly refreshing in today's sporting world to hear someone tell it like it is. It's like gatorade but keanoade. Anyone else on the team care for some? Seems like he's determined to go out with all guns blazing which I would expect from the guy. Although I like to (try to anyway) slam Keano he has certainly earned the right to say the things he does. Ferdinand is obviously not fit to tie his boots when it comes to hard work, loyalty and guts.

It seems United are paying the price now for not strengthening their midfield when they should have, instead of buying Rooney. Now Shrek is a spectacular player but it was pretty obvious that with Keane, Scholes and Giggs getting older and their replacements not up to standard (aside from Stepover that is), that priorities lay there. Ah, well.

I agree with all of that, Dap. The United squad is too thin for today's Prem and Champs Leagues. Ferdinand had a horrific October. I know you will say I am biased, but Ledley King is a much better player at the moment, better than Rio and Rsol. I just hope United don't come looking to poach some of our players, but Spurs are solid financially right now, so do not need the cash anyway.

In King and Carrick we have two young England players who would definitely help their cause no end.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Man Yoo blues...

The new series of Lost started last night....

Another one courtesy of Fasty. :D

Attachments

• Lostbig.jpg
    Lostbig.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 72

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was an recent article in the Guardian newspaper (I think) that was making a comparison between Man United of the 90's and early 00's and the Liverpool team of the late 70's and early 80's and how similar these teams were in successes and the troubles Liverpool had with the "next generation" of stars who followed the dream team and the problems United are having now.

These things run in cycles and depending on who's in control (and what they do to rectify the problems) will determine how long we stay in the down portion of the cycle. Liverpool held on to their aging stars too long (as is United now) and their next generation (Liverpool's Spice Boy's) isn't good enough.

United's next generation isn't good enough! Besides Ronaldo, Rooney, Heinze, and Park (all of them bought from other teams), the rest fail to meet the standard. Rio (bought) is the only one of the rest that has and can play at a "world class" level. Ruud (I only work hard in the 18) is not going to be the player he once was and relies too heavily on others to get him the ball to be an asset to this team. Players like O'Shea, Fletcher, Richardson etc... maybe good enough to play in the Premiership but not as starters for one of the elite teams in the league (the Chelseas, Arsenals,and Man Uniteds) let alone world elite teams. Could you honestly see any of these players dressing for Barcalona, AC Milan or Chelsea? I don't think so.

Ferguson was right when he said that they can no longer compete with Chelsea when it comes to finances. For so long now, we have been the bully on the block and used our reputation and $$$$ to convince players to play for us. With Glazer, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Relying on Nevilles, Giggs, Keane and Scholes is just masking the real problem... there is no depth to this team. These players should be pushed out and becoming the depth players but their not. As much as I love seeing Keane, Scholes and Giggs on the team sheet, it's time to sell these players and get some value if they won't sit behind and be depth players.

The problem is they're not being pushed out by better players!

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
djones said:
There was an recent article in the Guardian newspaper (I think) that was making a comparison between Man United of the 90's and early 00's and the Liverpool team of the late 70's and early 80's and how similar these teams were in successes and the troubles Liverpool had with the "next generation" of stars who followed the dream team and the problems United are having now.

These things run in cycles and depending on who's in control (and what they do to rectify the problems) will determine how long we stay in the down portion of the cycle. Liverpool held on to their aging stars too long (as is United now) and their next generation (Liverpool's Spice Boy's) isn't good enough.

United's next generation isn't good enough! Besides Ronaldo, Rooney, Heinze, and Park (all of them bought from other teams), the rest fail to meet the standard. Rio (bought) is the only one of the rest that has and can play at a "world class" level. Ruud (I only work hard in the 18) is not going to be the player he once was and relies too heavily on others to get him the ball to be an asset to this team. Players like O'Shea, Fletcher, Richardson etc... maybe good enough to play in the Premiership but not as starters for one of the elite teams in the league (the Chelseas, Arsenals,and Man Uniteds) let alone world elite teams. Could you honestly see any of these players dressing for Barcalona, AC Milan or Chelsea? I don't think so.

Ferguson was right when he said that they can no longer compete with Chelsea when it comes to finances. For so long now, we have been the bully on the block and used our reputation and $$$$ to convince players to play for us. With Glazer, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Relying on Nevilles, Giggs, Keane and Scholes is just masking the real problem... there is no depth to this team. These players should be pushed out and becoming the depth players but their not. As much as I love seeing Keane, Scholes and Giggs on the team sheet, it's time to sell these players and get some value if they won't sit behind and be depth players.

The problem is they're not being pushed out by better players!

Good points, Jonesy. Yeah, it must be very challenging making that transition. Spurs were great in the 60s, early 70s, early to mid 80s, and then mostly mediocre but seem to be developing nicely right now. We got close to building a contender squad in the late 80s/early 90s under Venables with Gazza, Lineker, Waddle, etc. but then it all fell apart with the whole Venables v Sugar battle. But we never replaced the likes of Hoddle, Ardiles, Villa, etc. The team of the early to mid 80s was a great team.

It's been a long, mediocre 14 years since our last major trophy though.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dazza said:
Good points, Jonesy. Yeah, it must be very challenging making that transition. Spurs were great in the 60s, early 70s, early to mid 80s, and then mostly mediocre but seem to be developing nicely right now. We got close to building a contender squad in the late 80s/early 90s under Venables with Gazza, Lineker, Waddle, etc. but then it all fell apart with the whole Venables v Sugar battle. But we never replaced the likes of Hoddle, Ardiles, Villa, etc. The team of the early to mid 80s was a great team.

It's been a long, mediocre 14 years since our last major trophy though.

Dazza, Dazza, Dazza,

Spurs are shite, always have been and always will be.

Come and support a real team.

In the words of the great Del Trotter. "You know it makes sense Rodney".!.. :D

Tickets confirmed for the game on the 20th.!

:wa: :wa: :wa:

Cheers

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm one of your kind this weekend, Crafty.

With the Baggies missing Kirkland and Gera, I picked up Harewood and Repka on the cheap for the Fantasy Team - Babicos Galacticos FC. Need some goals and a clean sheet. C'mon the Hammers!

Blowin' bubbles,

Buckfast

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast
thanks for the tip, I guess I should transfer Gera as well.Wanker hasn't done anything anyway

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kippax,

Got a good feeling about Yakubu and Bellamy this weekend. After a tough return to WHL last week, I think big Sol will have a blinder against the Teesiders.

90 points last week. Could have had 100+ if I transfered Baros for Vassel like I had planned. Had hoped Baros was going to be fit and inspire a struggling Villa. Instead he poofed out. Would of, should of, could of. Fcukin' Czechs.

Buckfast

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
United may not be as consistant nor as deep as they once were, but beating Chelsea will certainly silence the critics (ie: Jonesy) for a while!!! ;) As Fletcher has done to Keano after his match winner!!!

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I loved the fact that Man U came out and had a go, really attacking Chelski early on.

Hopefully more teams will do that rather than backing into a 4-5-1 shell.

Kudos to Man U and to Fletcher for responding.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too funny, can you imagine what these guys were thinking talking with all of Roman's Soprano dudes.

Chelski owner Roman Abramovich has reportedly ordered a full-scale inquest into the club's 'slump'.

The Daily Mirror claims that 'Abramovich sent a delegation to the club's Surrey training ground to find out what has gone wrong.'

'Wrong', of course, equates to merely holding a six-point lead in the Premiership after suffering the shameful indignity of their first Premiership defeat in over a year.

‘The Russian billionaire's right-hand man, Chelsea director Eugene Tenenbaum, headed up the inquiry as they interviewed EVERY member of staff and the playing squad who were at the training ground,' the Mirror reports.

The findings of the probe are unknown, but presumably they may go something along the lines of 'even if you spend £300m your club still might lose the occasional football match.'

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big News this morning......Roy Keane has left Manure by mutual consent.

Off to Celtic most likely.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, pretty shocking if you're a scum fan. Even if you're not I suppose.

Don't worry though boys, you still have Smith and Fletcher! Tee hee.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the TSN article:
Keane leaves Manchester United

Roy Keane

The Canadian Press

11/18/2005 8:50:49 AM

MANCHESTER, England (AP) - Captain Roy Keane left Manchester United on Friday, two weeks after he lambasted his teammates in an interview so scathing the club refused to broadcast it.

The 34-year-old midfielder had his contract cancelled by mutual consent, leaving him free to join another club, United said in a statement on its website.

Keane had already said he expected to leave the club when his contract expired at the end of the season. The volatile Irishman joined United in 1993 and until recently it was assumed he would end his career with the team.

Keane had long been regarded as a spokesman for manager Sir Alex Ferguson, helping discipline players and communicate the coach's instructions. However, the interview with the club's in-house television station, in which he singled out players for criticism, may have proved too much.

"At all times I have endeavoured to do my best for the management and the team," Keane said. "Whilst it is a sad day for me to leave such a great club and manager, I believe that the time has now come for me to move on."

Famous for his abrasive personality and refusal to tolerate those who failed to live up to his own high standards, Keane also quit international soccer suddenly. On the eve of the 2002 World Cup finals, he walked out of the Ireland squad after criticizing training facilities and cursing manager Mick McCarthy.

Although he returned to the team after McCarthy departed, he retired for a second time last month when Ireland failed to qualify for the 2006 World Cup finals.

One of the best midfielders in the world at his peak, Keane's tough tackling, neat passing and ability to score crucial goals helped United win seven Premier League titles and four FA Cups.

His most notable performance came in the second leg of the 1999 Champions League semifinal at Juventus. He inspired United to rally from 2-0 down to win 3-2 and advance, even though he had a yellow card that he knew would rule him out of the final.

"The best midfield player in the world of his generation, he is already one of the great figures in our clubs illustrious history," Ferguson said. "Roy has been central to the success of the club in the last 12½ years and everyone at Old Trafford wishes him well in the rest of his career and beyond."

Keane joined United from Nottingham Forest for a then British record 3.75 million pounds ($7.6 million Cdn) as a replacement for former England captain Bryan Robson.

He became captain in 1997 when Eric Cantona retired, despite having received several red cards for on-field violence and malicious tackles.

Although his appearances have been limited over recent seasons because of injuries - including cruciate ligament damage that kept him out for a year through August 1998 - Keane remained a crucial part of the squad.

In 2000, Keane said he wanted to end his career with Celtic, although he later signed a contract committing him to United until June 2006.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Liverpool's win over City yesterday Liverpool have now won four in row, are unbeaten in six, kept six consecutive clean sheets and also qualified for the Champions League round of 16 with a game to spare. Not bad, looks to be coming together. That said, here are a few observations:

1) Stuart Pearce, City's manager, is class.
2) Gerrard has been awesome and is leading by example by playing on the right with no complaints. The Reds have been great since he's played there giving them the balance they need.
3) I think Cisse could be gone in the January transfer window. He seems unable to do what Rafa wants him to do tactically. For Christ's sake, Crouch must have flicked on fifty headers yesterday and where was Cisse? Hello Djib, it's not really that hard. I'd love to see Dirk Kuyt playing upfront for Liverpool with Crouch or Morientes.
4) Kewell is looking very good, if he continues like this the Reds will be styling.
5) Simao to the Reds in January? Please, Rafa, do it. What a midfield that would be.
6) Reina is the Pool's best keeper since Clemence. Great buy Rafa.
7) Riise has been very good at left back, not to mention scoring the winner from left midfield yesterday.

Viva la Rafalution!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stevie Gerrard's top 10 goals video

Guess I'll just have to have a conversation with myself.

Dap, check out this video and watch Steven Gerrard bring out the sledgehammer again and again.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stevie Gerrard

Dapotayto said:
Cheers, mate, that's brilliant.

:D

Dap:
You kill me man. :D

Certainly an incredible player.
I liked the cupping of the ear at Goodison Park.

Without a doubt my favourite English player.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap,

Not a bad movie clip to find, well done. The best three strikes have to be the 5th against Portsmouth, the 3rd one against ManUre, and the 2nd one vs. Middlesborough, magic! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0