Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2005-2006

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it would have been good to see Cisse come into the game earlier. I'm not too happy with the play of Garcia as he seems prrtty soft up front. He posed no threat. I agree with the above recap and think LP has to have more contribution from some of the supporting cast as Gerrard can;t carry this team always.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone catch the Man U and NC game this morning. Rooney keeps impressing with his ferocious predatory skills. His goal was classic...also the hard work he did on setting up Van nistelroy. He megged the last NC man back with his 20 yard pass from the wing onto nistelroy's boot in the box.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rooney did look good although I did think the NC defenders play on the ball both times was the largest part of the goals. A simple foot to it and clearance erases the chance. Good game though. Fast and intense butnot too many chances. Loved when VN got a card for going down in the box. Reputation is hurting him.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
willis316 said:
Loved when VN got a card for going down in the box. Reputation is hurting him.

that was classic wasn't it? The extra little embellishing twist on the fair challenge by the keeper.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the manager said:
that was classic wasn't it? The extra little embellishing twist on the fair challenge by the keeper.

Interesting that RVN is so hated. Curious why that is :rolleyes: Like Alan Shearer said once in an interview, that it's the great players who take the most stick.

Funny noone's mentioned the foul by Carr on Ronaldo :rolleyes: Lucky indeed :mad: That very easily could have been a sending off.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
Interesting that RVN is so hated. Curious why that is :rolleyes: Like Alan Shearer said once in an interview, that it's the great players who take the most stick.

Funny noone's mentioned the foul by Carr on Ronaldo :rolleyes: Lucky indeed :mad: That very easily could have been a sending off.

you're right about that....wasn't gretzky hated when he was breaking records? It comes with the territory though. RVN gets flack because he's a good striker. The problem with primadonas, however, is that they often have an inflated ego and expect preferential treatment (not saying this is specifically the case with Rudd). Look at Wayne Rooney. The kid is hard as nails and hardly goes down...I don't think he seems the type to embellish a tackle.

Ronaldo did seem pretty frustrated with Carr's tackle. Ronaldo had him beat and motioned to the ref to card him. I think the ref's get frustrated with players trying to call the game for them. the players call the game for refs because they draw the harder tackles and attention because they are so good. then again, the refs make mistakes too...

manager

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
definately should have been a red, unfortunately ronaldo had spent some time on the ground already by that time, and for the most part it was because he was looking for a foul instead of fighting through the challenge

there was contact between ruud and the keeper, but that little extra got him the card, it is nice to see him get the finish back though, he is still 3/3 for goals to games

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the manager said:
you're right about that....wasn't gretzky hated when he was breaking records? It comes with the territory though. RVN gets flack because he's a good striker. The problem with primadonas, however, is that they often have an inflated ego and expect preferential treatment (not saying this is specifically the case with Rudd). Look at Wayne Rooney. The kid is hard as nails and hardly goes down...I don't think he seems the type to embellish a tackle.

Ronaldo did seem pretty frustrated with Carr's tackle. Ronaldo had him beat and motioned to the ref to card him. I think the ref's get frustrated with players trying to call the game for them. the players call the game for refs because they draw the harder tackles and attention because they are so good. then again, the refs make mistakes too...

manager

RVN is not hated he just goes down as easy as a cold beer on a hot day when he is in the box. The year he led the premiership in scoring a couple of years ago he was actually second to Owen if you count non-penalty goals only. He is a great striker I just wish he would play more like Rooney and less like Ronaldo. When you spend half the game on the ground the ref is going to look away at some challenges you are fouled on.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
willis316 said:
RVN is not hated he just goes down as easy as a cold beer on a hot day when he is in the box. The year he led the premiership in scoring a couple of years ago he was actually second to Owen if you count non-penalty goals only. He is a great striker I just wish he would play more like Rooney and less like Ronaldo. When you spend half the game on the ground the ref is going to look away at some challenges you are fouled on.

fair comment...I like the cold beer analogy. :D . Rooney is in a special class of hard working, tough players.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Why are PK goals frowned upon? It's not as easy as you seem to think it is...
For an above average english premier player (usually the ones taking the PK's) yes, they should be relatively routine.

IMO...

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Why are PK goals frowned upon? It's not as easy as you seem to think it is...

Then why is it such a big deal when they are called or such a tragedy when they are missed??? It should be a given for a player with RVN skill level.

PS - A goal is a goal you just respect the ones that are earned than the ones that are given.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wouldn't an above-average premier english goalie be harder to score against?

Again, it's not as easy as one thinks.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big match at Anfield this weekend involving the red sides of Liverpool and Manchester. I never know what kind of line-up Rafa is going to put out, but who does? I'll take a guess though...

I'm thinking it will be a 4-4-2 as Gerrard and Cisse were rested for the CL match in Seville. I'm sure Crouch will be involved and I'd like to see Cisse up front with him so I'll take them as my strikers. Gerrard and Sissoko (he's been excellent so far) in the middle with Riise on the left and Flo-Po on the right. In the back it will be Finnan, Hyppia, Carra and I'll say...Traore. I know some people don't rate Djimi the Shimmy but Rafa seems to like him. Now Rafa will probably go and play 4-5-1 with Sissoko beside Xabi and Gerrard pushing up on Crouch. Zenden could be on the left, Garcia could be on the right and Riise or Warnock could be at left back. Who the fcuk knows, just bring on the scum.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wish you were managing the Reds at this point. Would have loved to see Cisse work with Crouch who played very well and dominated Man U's backline. Unlucky for him that Garcia was the one recieving many of his lay-offs. Frustrating game for a Reds fan. A draw is supposed to be like kissing your sister. Well I don't have a sister but I think I get the picture after this one. First half was good to watch but the game needed a goal to keep going. I felt Liverpool was the better side easily but the genius of Ferguson who set up his defence so that Garcia would always be open to get the ball when Liverpool went forward in the second half was brilliant. I honestly blame the second half play of both teams on Garcia. He gave the ball away within 5 seconds of getting it everytime so it allowed for no flow to develop for either side. Very disappointed in Garcia who's play has not been good enough so far to crack the first 11. Perhaps even more disapppointed in Rafa for not doing what everyone watching the game, particularly in the stands, thought was the best move, take Garcia out for Cisse, or anyone, hell Dudek could have performed better at that point. Hopefully seeing that reaction everywhere for the next week will give him the idea that his pateince should have run out with 30 mins left.

Final note - Hate Rooney for Man U but cheer for him with England. Very worried about his head. I could see him pulling a Beckham and getting carded out of a key World Cup fixture. Maybe Ferdinand can give him some of that smack he is on before each game just to calm him down a little bit. There buddies, right? ;)

williswhoisfrustratedwith0-0gamesand6pointsonfourgamesbyReds

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool 2 Birmingham 2

At least Liverpool scored three goals today. Too bad one of them was for B'ham. Not sure what to think really. Its frustrating to not get three points, and I am a little perplexed about some of Rafa's decisions in the league but there are positives too. So far the Reds are undefeated and have picked up points in places they didn't take any last year. But they should be winning games like these.

Why is Cisse not playing more? These games are just crying out for his pace alongside Crouch but Rafa won't do it. Are there some issues between the two? And, sorry Rafa, but Zenden has been very poor. When has Riise let anyone down at LM? He's not the quickest but he is solid, puts in crosses and scores goals. Josemi? don't rate him but at least Rafa is giving him PT in games he can't fcuk up too badly.

I think it's coming though. Would just like to see more of the 4-4-2 with Cisse in the mix and a little more urgency in the attack. With the way Arsenal and United are playing I can't be too critical though. The Pool could get second they way the others are playing.

On a side note, fcuk Chelsea are annoying. They play the most boring footy in Europe by far. Someone said it is no different than giving George Graham an unlimited bank account and I can't say he's wrong. I'd rather watch senior citizens play Canasta. And when are they going to go through an injury crisis like every other team? Fcuking hell.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0