Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Predictions and results from div.1a...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i caught the CA vs AFC game yesterday. tough result for CA. up 1-0 when Mobilio goes off. CA keeper made a meal of cross about 10 minutes into the second half and the ball ended up in the net. completely changed CA confidence and the rest was almost a given especially after a clinical finish from benji that came off....uggh, it pains me to say it....a great set up by larsson.
best part of the match was the AFC halftime speech. i'm assuming the guy who is the player/coach absolutely lost it. had to be at least 50-60 FCUK this and FCUK thats in his rant. tore a strip of clarkie and he packed up his bag and left! seemed to work though....except for clarke.

benchboss

Nov 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry gazza, i did see this game on saturday, and if the 2 chances you had to score means you should have been up at the half, what does temple get for the 6 first half chances they had. Lets be honest here, if it wasn't for your keeper you would have been down by a lot more than that.

(So much for Dave Norris. If you guys are paying him you better have a quiet word. Total pony today. Didn't really look interested. Kind of confirms my views on "pro" footy in Vancouver)

As for "Dave Norris", i would hate to see if he was interested, because he turned your back line inside out the whole game. i dont know though, maybe you were one of the dizzy defenders.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Benchboss,

I agree with what you said in your post.

But in the first half we matched them in every department and could easily have been up a couple.

You're absolutely right about the second half, and that is what is so frustrating. They turned it up a notch and we went down a notch. Our keeper is outstanding. He won the Provincials with Gorge a few years back and we are lucky to have him. He made at least 6 fantastic saves. I doubt there is a better keeper in Div 1. The 18 goals we have let in are not a fair reflection of his play as he has been left exposed a lot.

QUOTE]As for "Dave Norris", i would hate to see if he was interested, because he turned your back line inside out the whole game[/QUOTE]

When a "pro" is on the other team, you tend to pay closer attention to their contribution. The number of times he gave the ball away yesterday, not even under pressure, or was tackled was shoc-king.

Daz

:cool:

benchboss

Nov 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Daz, In Daves defence, i dont think shooting the ball counts as turning it over. As for the tackles, i saw a lot of defenders diving in, and getting beatin. but your right they mgiht have got their toe in the way on a few occasions.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza i know what ur talking about but will not comment cause i did play with dave last year upfront with burnaby.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cue Captain...."winless in 7 or whatever" blah blah blah

Tough to cue the Captain after we were humped 7 - 3. As posted, it certainly wasn't a true reflection of the game but rather a true reflection of our major fcuk-ups. Life goes on.......To stay on topic, when does AFC play Temple?

Captain

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain i think we'll play Sikh Temple when leagues feels fit like when we have a few injuries and( hopefully not) but a few suspensions anything to give the Sikhs a advantage.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Benchboss,

You must have been watching a different game mate. I wasn't even referring to shots, which were mostly off target. Seriously though, I'm sure he's a good player, he just didn't seem motivated, and he DID lose the ball a lot or simply pass it to orange. For a "pro" he really did have a shoc-ker yesterday.

Captain, no worries, you boys will be fine.

Anyone have any results from today? I know that the Fury and RUFC game was cancelled. I guess next week is looking grim too, it's supposed to rain all week. I'm looking forward to RUFC at King George, and hopefully it's on.

Daz

:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All Div 1 matches were PPD today.

TTP Front page should be all up-to-date.

Cheers,

~Regs.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Zeko was more of a threat than Morris was in our match yesterday. He holds the ball up well and distributes, where Morris looked to go foward most of the time. As for defenders getting dizzy, thats a bit of an overstatement.

NO2

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson, NO2,

Yes, I agree, although I was thinking after the game yesterday that Zico really should be giving Premier a crack. Has he played there before? He seems to be a very good player, but not quite as effective now, or rather as dangerous, as he looked playing for 96ers in Div 1 a couple of years ago. Perhaps he needs to move up a notch to avoid getting too comfortable.

Yes, NO2 is right, totally far fetched comment from Benchboss. But then he got his review on Norris all wrong, so I didn't take the comment on dizzy defenders seriously. I thought our defence, missing a couple of key players, did very well under the circumstances, and NO2 did a good job at sweeper.

Daz:cool:

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zico was going to sign with me at burnaby but i jumped ship and zico it is hard to make practice because of work.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dazza

Yes, NO2 is right, totally far fetched comment from Benchboss.

In other words, Dazza concurrs with No2's agreement with er,...um...Dazza.:confused:

El Jefe

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza:

RE: Temple

You're right...dizzziness is probably not the correct descriptor for your defence....benign paroxysmal vertigo is!

Oh yes you're right again...your defence was missing some key players because it never had any in the first place.

How does it feel to be right 2 times in a row Dazza?

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0