Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Predictions and results from div.1a...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here go some predictions for this week.....

Lomas 2-1 Wickham
C.A 3-1 RUFC
DCR 1-2 AFC
Fury ?-? Temple
Serbs 0-3 PCOV

Good luck to all....Lomas should get the 3 points here....RUFC has no Animal which will cause problems in the back....we will see what the hype about AFC really is against DCR....Serbs...well not much to say about them.

Hard Ballz

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No problems

Ballz,

The Idiots will continue to be able to keep to ball out of our net. There might not be the Animal, but the new young kid is an up and coming talent that the rest of 1A will have trouble with.

As far as predictions go:

RUFC 2 - 1 C.A.
Lomas 0 - 0 Wickham (ugly game of the week)
DCR 1 - 3 AFC - That big field only helps out the speed of AFC
Fury 0 - 4 Temple - Fury are in for a long year
Serbs 1 - 2 PCOV - Who will dive more in this game??

Leanlookingtostarttheyearright;)

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean,
Wikham FC is a good side this year. You will suprised what the results would be. The signed a few young fellows and have a new team formation.
I predict 2-1 for Wikham FC over Lomas.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 1 - 0 Wikham

Wikham is a little better than last years shaggars, but mainly their kick and run style hasn't changed. We hit a couple posts, and had a few other solid chances. If our finishing was better it would've been a much larger score-line. 3 points for the Lomas. :D

What else happened today, anybody???

No2

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC vs. Cliff Ave....

I checked out the 2nd half of the game and it was 1-0 for C.A. I heard it was a pretty nice goal by D. Mobilio. RUFC could have tied it on a clear breakaway but the RUFC player touched it too far in front of him. C.A went up 2-0 with 25 to go until RUFC scored on a nice header with probably 5-10 minutes left but it was a little too late. 2-1 for Cliff Ave. C.A. didn't look as good as I thought they would....many older guys on the team and I thought they had Big Mario?

Hard Ballz

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballz,

CA do have Big Mario, but he is getting married in two weeks and does not want to damage that Italian Beauty (isn't that an oxymoron????). He also has his stag tonight and I'm just in the process of ironing his white jeans and wife beater (with spaghetti and red wine stains) for the night out.

Watched the Wickham v. Lamas game and it was one sided in the 1st half with The Mermaids controling most of the play. Second half was a bit better for Wickham, but Lomas scored on a deflected shot with about 15 min. left to play.

No2 played well for the Lamas, with the exception of his free kick from 35 yards out that barely made it to the 18 yard box ...... and it was a shot. Dazza could not pass wind today and looked like he should have followed me to Over 30's.:D :D It might not be too late to take this step.

JR

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags,

My FK was alright wasn't it?

Sorry, you are still bitter from last year:rolleyes:

Dazenjoyingdiv1:cool:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daz,

Your free kick was not bad .......... but, did it go in? Same result as No2's effort.

I'm not bitter at all. I had planned to play O 30's at the start of this year ..... no matter if we stayed up. At the young/old age of 36, it was time. However, looking at yesterdays game, I would have had no problem keeping pace with both teams quality 'kick and run' game.

My new squad, Peg/Oldies are a team that made it to the Semi's of the O 30's Provincials last year and we are looking to go farther this year with at least 5 new additions to the team. Jim Easton, Alan Easton, Steve Hillier, Mike Findlay and myself.

Regs has given me an honorary pass to post in Div. 1 thread, so you will not be escaping so easy on the TTP once again this year:D :D :D

JR

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple vs. BBY...

Temple spanked the Fury 5-0 at the turf in Burnaby. It was pretty ugly for the first 25-30 minutes until Ivor found the back of the net and from there we took it to them. I think Burnaby will be a strong candidate to be demoted back to where they came from. I also heard that Africa defeated DCR 5-1 but I have no details.

Hard Ballz

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Africa vs DCR

I left this game about the 70th min, and it was 5-1 Africa. They really have a lot of talent out there. One DCR was shown a red about half way into the second for a terrible foul, but the game was decided by then anyways. Looks like Africa should be promoted if they stay healthy and continue to play like they did today.

No2

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
results...

According to the excellent site PCOV lost to the Serbs 3-1. Are the Serbs different from last year? Rumours have it that they are a very young team.

p.s...NO2...You probably saw our old keeper in net for the Africans...any other notables on the team?

Hard Ballz

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hardballz,

Both Clarke's were there, thats the only names I really know. I recognized certain players but don't know names. I'm not sure if it was your old keeps or not. He was solid though.

See you next week

No2:cool:

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 2 predictions

PCOV- Deep Cove

deep cove will rebound from their week 1 dismantling. 2-1 Cove

Leopards- Cliff Ave

3-1 Leo's. These guys will continue to roll until the celcius drops.

RUFC- Fury

2-0 RUFC. Fury will keep it respectable against a diminished United.

Serbia 1- Wickham1

Yawner of the week.

Hardballz, howdya like the new signature:D

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
predictions

Deep Cove 4 - 1 PCOV...Embarrassed last week, DCR will come out hard this weekend.

AFC 6 - 2 Cliff...If all the Ego's are kept in check, AFC will walk over CA.

RUFC 3 - 1 Burnaby...RUFC won't have any trouble with the Fury.

Serbia 2 - 1 Wickham...Serbia's youth will top the aging Wickham.

Lomas ? - ? Temple...Should be interesting.

Good Luck

No2

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff Ave.

CA...yes it's true we have an old team (average about 35) but we are in good spirits this week as our pension checks arrived, so I very much doubt a 6-2 drubbing (even if I'm in goal again today).
Big Mario will be there and keep it close no matter what the temperature...2-2.
3-1 Leo's. These guys will continue to roll until the celcius drops.
Nice...:rolleyes:

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C.A vs. AFC....

AFC beat C.A 2-0. An early red card ( 2 yellows ) for a C.A player in the first nine minutes and one more to follow. I believe two more reds were handed out to each team in a scrum late in the game. Mario was there and robbed Larsson on a breakaway late in the game. AFC keeper also played well with some key saves. Surprising Mario played considering he's getting married next week.

Hard Ballz

Status
Not open for further replies.