Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential Whitecaps Players in BC

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't agree more Tulio. An issue you find in these parts is when you select the smaller more skillfull player they end up getting kicked around the park for the duration of the match and eventually quit too....it's tough here. And it is down to coaching!

I coached against a physical, well-spirited team. They were not dirty whatsoever. They were just big and fast and they closed down constantly. Put my smaller players under pressure. Eventually the smaller players won out, but the big kids were doing excellently and held a scoreline advantage for a long period of time. The issue is, these big kids could have played an excellent game of possession soccer. They had flashes of ability and were certainly athletic enough to maintain possession etc. They just didn't! They got huge cheers for kicking and running, so they did that. But the other team would beat us if they actually played a proper soccer game....but the coaches don't teach that often enough!

Do I think any of those kids on the other team should be playing a higher level because of their size and just teach the skill later? NO! Would I take them in my program and train them up while playing the same level they are at? YES. If they can then prove that ability then wonderful.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the way you guys just try to prove me wrong. These kids I ponted out tried no where. These kids play with fiends each year. They are not invalved in small five yard soccer development. These kids would play more of a British style of soccer. Hard nose big and strong. Small kids have no chance. This is the problem localy. Many of you guys do not look at net resalt. First will they be six foo 185LBS by the time they get to be twenty. Only two out of ten small guys go anywhere. To me that is 80% falt in selections in U14. Since all the coaches take the best youth, how come Bob and Whitecaps do not want them. The main reason is they are weak, they get pushed off of the ball in higher levels.Lack of switchup in speed ,play with the ball, hate like hell to come back Take a look on their resdancy roster on player size and you might open you eyes in selecting kids. Speed size strength then teach skill. It only becomes coastly thing for parents if you take to long to address that problem. Nothing worse then lies to parent and a youngster. Hurts first time but gets better as they grow. Caps took one player out of ten from Canada. Nine from USA. Get it straight our kids like to full around. Can not play agressive American style of a game. We need to change. We do have kids that can do it. We just must get past that over tutch local soccer. One tuch two tatch get going. It is fun to watch and to play.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Small kids have no chance. This is the problem localy. Many of you guys do not look at net resalt. First will they be six foo 185LBS by the time they get to be twenty...

Yes, small kids have no chance. Small adults have no problem. Do you think Teves has a problem playing against the big guys in EPL? Look here, I'm 5'9", over 40 and not exactly the greatest promise coming out of Brazil but playing Div2 against younger, bigger, faster and stronger players in an ACBC team that since moved up I more than held my own. How? I've been playing this game long enough to know how to cheat the more physically capabable guy from his natural advantage. I don't try to go on a foot race against faster players, I don't try to outjump a taller guy and as far as strength goes, well, this is not wrestling, any able-bodied adult man can give as good as he takes.

...Only two out of ten small guys go anywhere. To me that is 80% falt in selections in U14...

I'd say only 2% of any size of players get anywhere if your parameter is playing in MNT, pro soccer. I can guarantee you those 2% are composed of the best all around players when they reach adulthood not the ones that were more physically developed at 13.

I guess we will agree to disagree...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACDC is just a local club. It would be div five or div six world ranked. It is just weekend soccer. What I am saying is we must select the size speed and strength first than teach them to play the game. The young guy you are talking about that comes from Argentina and plays in EPL is fine. He is just as wide as he is tall.
If EPL team man marks the guy fifty percent of his goals woud be gone. EPL is more of a zone marking. He has far tomatch time on the ball. Back to local kids it is up to us to bring the kids name forward. Just so clubs take time and check these kids out. If these kids do not get looked in a next year or two all that means onther group of talent was overlooked for wahat eve reason. As my friend Mission sas he had the skill he head the size speed was a problem. In the end it kicks you in the but. Them the brakes in soccer. I hope these kids get a chance. As good as any kids on the Cap residancy.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACDC is just a local club. It would be div five or div six world ranked. It is just weekend soccer. What I am saying is we must select the size speed and strength first than teach them to play the game. The young guy you are talking about that comes from Argentina and plays in EPL is fine. He is just as wide as he is tall.
If EPL team man marks the guy fifty percent of his goals woud be gone. EPL is more of a zone marking. He has far tomatch time on the ball. Back to local kids it is up to us to bring the kids name forward. Just so clubs take time and check these kids out. If these kids do not get looked in a next year or two all that means onther group of talent was overlooked for wahat eve reason. As my friend Mission sas he had the skill he head the size speed was a problem. In the end it kicks you in the but. Them the brakes in soccer. I hope these kids get a chance. As good as any kids on the Cap residancy.

When did I ever say I had the skill and size but not the speed lol? I didn't make it cuz I was never good enough and not just cuz I wasn't fast, which I was when I was younger btw. Nor did I have the size, when I was 12/13 and involved in s****horpe's C.o.e I was about 5ft and weighed no more than 100lb but yet they kept me there for over 2 years? Size really has nothing to do with me not making nor did it have anything to do with speed, or skill. If you was a real coach base you'd know that too.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission go and ask the Dutch guy on CAPS residenci if size has got nothing to do with it. We all know it has much to do with it. Proper development even more. MLS is here soon you will see what I am trying to bring forth.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will when I see him next time.Must be one in twenty five. Ask him if he knows Josiah Kemper U14 kid fast skilled and very good size. Just onother youngster that needs to be looked at. Natural talent.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 in 25 are good odds base considering how many people in the world play soccer. And honestly base if that's what the residency thinks about then why was gagan there? Base soccer is a sport where at the adult level size has nothing to do with. Yes kids who developer faster and are 6ft plus at u13 are gonna look better than the other kids but even by u18 in most cases it doesn't matter at all. In England when a kid Is that much taller, the pro clubs will take a look at him then move him up in age and see how he copes in a game where players are of the same physique.

Oh and base who is this wesley guy djones speaks off?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The most important attribute by far in any athlete is his/her brain. I don't want to state the obvious in regards to size, strength and speed, but the ability to think and process quickly should be the main criteria, and is the deciding factor when comparing athletes to one another. Player A can run 100 meters in 10 seconds. Player B can run 100 meters in 10 seconds. Player A is 6'2" as is Player B. Both have a 4 foot vertical. Both have 8% body fat. Both can bench press 275 lbs 10 times. Both can settle and pass and dribble the ball equally. Yet Player A seems to beat Player B to the ball consistently? The best athletes can process the plethora of information thrust at them and determine the best solution/option/technique in a seconds notice to gain the edge on their opponents.

If I see a clever player who is 1 foot shorter than everyone else at a young age, I seem to be an advocate for that player. These are the players who are desperately seeking an advocate who understand that they will physically develop one day. I'll let all the others use their template for selecting the "correct" athlete, the cookie cutter version they feel will most likely succeed. Laughable really.

Size does matter, but only to small-minded people.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to agree balls. I think what stops smaller lads progressing is often stereotypical coaching. However coupled with this is the kids self belief and determination. Yesterday my team played Dan Jones' CMF. In the first half 3 of the best players on the park were the smallest players. ( Dan was that your lad in CM?) I have 2 little un's in the middle of the park who played their backsides off for forty minutes. Both were great. At half time our 3rd 'titch' came on but was lost for the most part. The difference is not the size or ability but the self belief each of the players has. 2 of mine couldnt give a shite how 'big' they are. Mentally they try to play big. The lad who came on at half time possesses the ability but views himself as small and therefore unable to compete. His mom wants him to drop down a level next year simply because of his size. My argument against it is the kids are just as big and more clumsy at gold. He'd be better served playing at the same level (whatever that is next year) and knowing that he will grow in time.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi is Gagan gone to ACBC side or is he cone to University soccer? I do not see his name on Caps roster. Not even on a try out bases. I do see two dam big guys from USA. Both will make it. One is third fastest on the club. And two other ones very close to making the starting rosters.
God gives you three things. Size speed and strength bit of skill and look out. We all wish big. Sometime small tings are the best. I must say I like Caps roster so far. On that U18 residency side they have a keeper and two guys not to far away from making a first side. I think keeper is gone down to Arizona for fitness cap.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Bryan Sylvester is in Arizona. Yes, the Residency has a few outstanding prospects - namely, Alderson. I would not be surprised if he was given MLS contract this year so he could play a handful of games. Caps roster does look good. They are odds-on to finish dead last this year but that's just MLS trying to raise some interest in the league. How can they rate the teams when Caps only have 14 players signed! Bobaduzzi at least got that right - by laughing it off.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to agree balls. I think what stops smaller lads progressing is often stereotypical coaching. However coupled with this is the kids self belief and determination. Yesterday my team played Dan Jones' CMF. In the first half 3 of the best players on the park were the smallest players. ( Dan was that your lad in CM?) I have 2 little un's in the middle of the park who played their backsides off for forty minutes. Both were great. At half time our 3rd 'titch' came on but was lost for the most part. The difference is not the size or ability but the self belief each of the players has. 2 of mine couldnt give a shite how 'big' they are. Mentally they try to play big. The lad who came on at half time possesses the ability but views himself as small and therefore unable to compete. His mom wants him to drop down a level next year simply because of his size. My argument against it is the kids are just as big and more clumsy at gold. He'd be better served playing at the same level (whatever that is next year) and knowing that he will grow in time.

Agreed. Your two little ones in midfield played very, very well and caused us problems all game. Our strength is usually our midfield but they struggled to get anything going. If it wasn't for a few moments of effective finishing, you guys could/should have won. You guys out worked us, that's for sure.

Having this type of attitude will make the difference once things level off but unfortunately, in this country, avenues for late developers to succeed are slim to none. Hopefully that changes.

Talked to a parent who's a former Whitecap/86'er who knows something of the new guy up at the Whitecaps. He says that he's looking for players for the future and not the present. Good to know. Hopefully he doesn't rely on present scouting and does the scouting on his own.

As for the Residency, the smallest players are players from outside the country. The last crop of recruits were picked from the provincial team that has a tendency to pick size over substance. Good on Delrymple for picking two of the most skilled players in the group with one of them being the smallest player on that BC team.

BTW: that was my little Kyle in CM. How'd you guess? ;)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was a good Polish lad on residancy a tiny lad with good skill. What happaned to him? He would be U18 now. I am telling you new guy in charge of the residency program wants speed strength and size and most of all guts to play the game and smarts in defensive zone. Not tomany will have a chance to get the calling from him. Unless they are starting a U14 team in next two years. Guys with HPL we should be equal to them. I just do not think Babaduzzi will let the kids play against HPL teams. That would expose the weakness in their development. So far only kids from Babas program are getting the callings to our National side. CMF tries very hard yet thre is no resalt. Only clubs like SFU and University of Victoria get the kids. I trouly hope FC Edmonton will open their eyes bit more and give one or two youngsters a chance. Good times are comming.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude thanks for your English input. i tend to like Punjabi and Latin an Chinse bit more than Engish. Came here late in my life to be master at it. To me bigger things matter more than words not selled proper. Tell me are clubs from West side of Vancouver get together in to one power club. North Shore looks good in every group on games won and lost. They are not far off from CMF, or Clark and Surrey boys. Any of you guys looking for a very good player out of Burnaby check out young Dodd in U14 Wesburn. Grate skill player with total balance in his game. Smart good family. We need to see one ot two Punjabi boys on resedency. With somany kids playing in BC youth programs I just can not understand why Babbaduzi would not give them a chance. On delta select side there is a midfielder Europian Caliber. Dalrymple take a look.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0