Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2009 - Week 2

Pak Cup 2009 - Week 2 Cup MOTW

• Poco City Reserves D1 - Aldergrove Utd D1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aldergrove Utd P - Dewdney United D1

• Mission SC D1 - North Delta Lions P

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Pak Cup and no League Title. Is that the open door to O35's?
Obviously they're over the hill now.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TWU 2 - PMO 0. Let the Pomo bashing begin

If its true, not to big of a surprise. TWU has a good squad and they completly outplayed us the entire game when we played them. The gunners biggest concern should be the league anyway, the goal is promotion I imagine not the Pak cup.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC Rangers 1 - 2 Chilli Prem (3-4 on pk's)

Very even hard tackled game, with many yellow cards handed out. Chilli was generating more chances but the rangers had the best of them with 2 goals called back, one for offside and one for a blatent shove of the keeper. Rangers went ahead half way through the 2nd on a great strike. in the 93rd minute the rangers center backs let a ball bounce in front of them which popped over their heads and the chilli stirke was clipped as he went around them....PK. Tied 1-1 going to pk's.

Rangers' keeper stopped the 2nd chiliwack shot, but Zaurini had his shot saved and, Dude was wrong Hatman was not invisible he stepped up to take the ranger's 5th shot with a chance to tie it and put it too close to the keeper.

tough way to loose a game.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
About accurate, congrats Chilli
Gotta say, balls for sure. Guy did sell it for sure as it bounced up on him and we caught him. I actually heard there bench laugh..........
BALLS for sure, with 10 min left they actually were lifeless. We absorbed everything and to have that happen with a mystery 3-5 extra stoppage? ODD that we didn't even touch the ball twice after kickoff and he calls it. WOW. We had a 2 0n 1 before that and chipped over bar..........but yet he allows another 30 sec max for them to drive it up for a last gasp. hmmn
Anyways, this is worse than losing to poco 3 years before that in langley> Why? The call at the end. At that point, fate was not seeing us advance thru pk's.
Good luck everyone.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
to have that happen with a mystery 3-5 extra stoppage? ODD that we didn't even touch the ball twice after kickoff and he calls it. WOW. We had a 2 0n 1 before that and chipped over bar..........but yet he allows another 30 sec max for them to drive it up for a last gasp. hmmn
So are you saying that he added this for no reason and he wanted Chilli to score? Who was the ref?

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So are you saying that he added this for no reason and he wanted Chilli to score? Who was the ref?

meaning no injury stoppage, no time wasting etc in the 2nd half.....THUS where do you get 3-5 min? Just mysterious is all I'm saying, not too often that much stoppage time is added in pro or amateur.
Ref was Uppal.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 2 PAU 1

First off, Bluebird you know where to take that shower of shite you are associated with!

Congrats to Crocker and Abbotsford. It takes patience to stick it out the first 3 months of a season and come togther when it counts.
We will always feel short changed in this one as we try to understand how our play has dropped off lately as has our bounces. It is hard not to dwell on missed calls that would have been in our favour or the calls that put us away. Abby have had 3 PK's against us in all 3 meetings, yet we don't seem to get the same "lucky" break when it appears to be a similar circumstance at the other end of the pitch. A red card for our starting keeper last week, was not a card for their keeper this week?
The list goes on, but the bottom line is we need to find a way to channel our energy into getting a result next week. Missing players is never an excuse, nor should be officiating. Some of TTP's "never has beens" love to slag sucessful teams (insert back to back double winners here) when they are up against it, but the truth is we have the potential to win it all. I know Dude has always called us over the hill and now yoda is jumping on that bandwagon, but in all seriousness we only have KNVB to blame for that.

Pudgy #8

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Abby 2 PAU 1

blame marriage.

Still devastated.

That game was ripped from us....I cant believe the ref called that. wack's dive was awful, and showed he isnt Italian. No scream, no roll, no holding his face....awful dive. Yet the ref bought it. Heard the laughter from the sideline...
Mega Great Wall of China Balls to call that one.

Devastated

soccer4life

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stop crying you guys were on your heels all game and had one chance and scored. We just had no finish in your third of the field. All you did was sit back and let us come at you, and that was an obvious strategy from the beggining. Tough Luck.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: soccer4life

I could cry the same about Chilliwack a week ago;

"on your heels all game "
"had one chance and scored"
"We just had no finish"
"All you did was sit back and let us come at you"
"that was an obvious strategy from the beggining"

However, the ref helped you in that one too! Tough luck for us! :rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stop crying you guys were on your heels all game and had one chance and scored. We just had no finish in your third of the field. All you did was sit back and let us come at you, and that was an obvious strategy from the beggining. Tough Luck.

Okay I'm lost here...so who dominated the game? so the Rangers are upset as they were hanging on the entire game only to have it spoiled in extra minutes? what's to be upset then?:confused:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Your kidding, your whole game was long ball down middle to 10, flick on to 20 and hope we were not expecting it........and when you got daring you brought it up one side and tried a diagonal long ball to the other. No kidding we sat there and waited, sounds simple to me. Besides, we were patient and it did pay off until king kong balls gave you one. You guys were lifeless in the last 15 min and had nothing until that dive.....last grasp, I guess well played by him but you still were lifeless.
Good luck in the rest of the cup, but we felt this was ripped from us and gifted. Laughing and general shock from your bench showed how this should have ended. Sour grapes I guess, and you did finish in the shoot out so life goes on with a little bitching to settle our anger.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay I'm lost here...so who dominated the game? so the Rangers are upset as they were hanging on the entire game only to have it spoiled in extra minutes? what's to be upset then?:confused:

just cause there was no way the time should have gone that long and the gift foul.....and we didn't hold on, we were told by many prem teams to watch for the long ball counter attack and flick on.....I guess we held on???!!:rolleyes:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like you guys played a smart game with some bad luck at the end. I can understand the disapointment you have as a dive in the last seconds sucks!

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
About accurate, congrats Chilli
Gotta say, balls for sure. Guy did sell it for sure as it bounced up on him and we caught him. I actually heard there bench laugh..........

The laughter (if any) was in response to the two SFC defenders taking each other out on top of their 16. ALWAYS funny looking, no matter what the sport. Also probably why the remaining defender panicked and took out the Chilli player to earn the PK.

Hard fought game. Hard lines for the SFC lads, but that's how things go sometimes.

Now is the time to grow up and be big boys, stop blamin' others, looking for excuses to rewrite history and begin to act like a club that has won some championships in the past, and knows what it means to behave like one don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts