Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2009 - Quarterfinals

Pak Cup Quarters MOTW

• Athletic Club BC P - Mission SC D1

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Poco City FC P - Abbotsford Mariners P

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Poco City Reserves D1 - Chilliwack Rapids P

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Aldergrove Utd P - TWU Titans D1

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Who cares The Mighty Rangers are out!

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come to think of it, Whistleblower...why do you do this? I mean that honestly. So you get a bit of extra beer money (and I know it goes to beer...month of slimfast in order there big guy)...but there must be something else?

It defineatley doesnt go to batteries or a new watch.

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok i will say my piece on behalf of the ref's out there, your statement seems very funny to me as the same could be said about players. For a ref at the beginning of a game it does not matter who is playing and what they did the last time you reffed them, but it seems out of the 15 plus players on there team the problem player will do something stupid, so now a ref has to sort out the situation and people like you come on TTP and write stupid statements on the reffs performance. If fouls are not committed,dissent is not shown i am very happy to run around the soccer field then go home and not have to do reports and i am very sure every ref feels that way.

P.S. check out the BC Soccer web site for a referee's course and sign up my friend, if you think there is a ref problem out there this is the only way to fix it.
RefsRef

slow down whistle !!! i never said that some players dont need cards. i never said that teams do not need refs. try to listen before u make stupid comments on ttp !!!! (right back at ya) all i said is that who refs the refs? im okay with a few bad calls thats fine with me im used to it in the 25 years that i have been playing. i also said some refs, not all, make bad call after bad call and that affects the game. the refs have the ability to give out cards to the players, who can give a card to the ref after multiple wrong calls !! and for the comment, "they are only there to pick up a paycheck" i know that they do not make alot of money im sorry if everyone took that literally !! i basically mean that they dont seem to care when they are out on the field !!! thats all ....
p.s. if we make a bad play or miss a sitter or the goalie lets in an easy one do u really think that we dont hear it ???? really ? we get it from coachs at practice and games, refs get it once a week !!!

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
im also not saying that refs cant have bad games to !! players have bad games all the time !!! if we want to look at this situation if a player is crap multiple multiple times he will eventually get cut !!! now dont get me wrong ... im okay with the majority of the refs in the league i truly am but a couple need to be reffed themselfs....i wouldnt want another teammate getting told to get up and stop faking it when he tore his acl and mcl

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
im also not saying that refs cant have bad games to !! players have bad games all the time !!! if we want to look at this situation if a player is crap multiple multiple times he will eventually get cut !!! now dont get me wrong ... im okay with the majority of the refs in the league i truly am but a couple need to be reffed themselfs....i wouldnt want another teammate getting told to get up and stop faking it when he tore his acl and mcl

I've heard different versions of this, too.

In speaking w/ another ASS, here's what I heard about that "incident"...and I'm paraphrasing, but you get the drift.

Apparently both coaches and the player in question were thrown out for over the top dissent. They earned three reds because of ridiculous pouting, "Fcuk you's and Assholes" and the rest were thrown at the ref. Apparently the ref gave them every opportunity to shut up but they didn't. Apparently Patty clattered the guy no more than 30 seconds into the game (likely in search of a new client...Patty, did you leave him a Bendy Pen calling card?), the guy in question gets up and starts walking off the field and then their asst coach comes flying onto the field without permission yelling at the kid to get down, and at this point he hits the ground and starts flopping like he was just hit with a sniper. I'm told that that is when the ref told him to get up.

And, knowing Patty- a lot of us around the league do- "Dirty" he is not known for. "Hard" he is. Never backs down from a tackle, and wins 99% of them. I totally believe Patty went through that kid, not shocked he's torn up his knee.

So, you tell me...what is the real version of events here? If it's as I've heard it, maybe the ref telling him to "Get up" in disgust for the flopping and play acting was justified.

Seriously..you ACBC guys need to get the fcuk over yourselves.

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard different versions of this, too.

In speaking w/ another ASS, here's what I heard about that "incident"...and I'm paraphrasing, but you get the drift.

Apparently both coaches and the player in question were thrown out for over the top dissent. They earned three reds because of ridiculous pouting, "Fcuk you's and Assholes" and the rest were thrown at the ref. Apparently the ref gave them every opportunity to shut up but they didn't. Apparently Patty clattered the guy no more than 30 seconds into the game (likely in search of a new client...Patty, did you leave him a Bendy Pen calling card?), the guy in question gets up and starts walking off the field and then their asst coach comes flying onto the field without permission yelling at the kid to get down, and at this point he hits the ground and starts flopping like he was just hit with a sniper. I'm told that that is when the ref told him to get up.

And, knowing Patty- a lot of us around the league do- "Dirty" he is not known for. "Hard" he is. Never backs down from a tackle, and wins 99% of them. I totally believe Patty went through that kid, not shocked he's torn up his knee.

So, you tell me...what is the real version of events here? If it's as I've heard it, maybe the ref telling him to "Get up" in disgust for the flopping and play acting was justified.

Seriously..you ACBC guys need to get the fcuk over yourselves.

ur going to generalize all of acbc from one situation ? WOW !!! who needs to get over themselfs ?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nnnnnnnnoooooo...I'm going to generalize ACBC over what seems to be endless immature, juvenile, spoiled behavior.

Here you are bitching and moaning about reffing to no end, and you decided to bring up an incident that you guys have apparently painted here on TTP very inaccurately.

It's getting tired. How many times can you guys cry Wolf?

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
im also not saying that refs cant have bad games to !! players have bad games all the time !!! if we want to look at this situation if a player is crap multiple multiple times he will eventually get cut !!!

but not until you have a replacment :cool:

has anyone in the last few years had to call a game because the ref diddnt show ?? and if so how often does that happen, ive coached 7 seasons over here now and its not happened once to us

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nnnnnnnnoooooo...I'm going to generalize ACBC over what seems to be endless immature, juvenile, spoiled behavior.

Here you are bitching and moaning about reffing to no end, and you decided to bring up an incident that you guys have apparently painted here on TTP very inaccurately.

It's getting tired. How many times can you guys cry Wolf?

if a player rolls arround in agony asking wheres the card then jumps up and takes the free kick himself, refs may remember this , as in cry wolf

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK if the executive is only making $1400 I will need to organize these lads.

Reading this thread I have to say Dan Hill you are a great player I remember playing you last year and I realize you were frustrated but I think your coments reflect your frustration and were a bit out of line. Heads up mate there is always next year.

Carnie same for you. Great player and ability but you have to remember reffing is a job many of us would not want to do. It is a rec league and people make mistakes.

My dad once said to me don't argue with the ref as they will not change their mind on a call (unless your the ref that reffed the players Rangers game, he whistled and pointed to the circle after a goal and after Players proteseted called the ball back). Play the game, do your job, and don't whine.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My dad had some great pearls of wisdom too...

"Shut up and quit crying. If I wanted to be with a moany bitch I would go find your mother."

I'm not sure it's relevant here in the Ref's of the Packenham cup thread but, you know, I thought I would throw it out there.

PS. Whistle blower is only in it for the money and the ego trip.

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK if the executive is only making $1400 I will need to organize these lads.

Reading this thread I have to say Dan Hill you are a great player I remember playing you last year and I realize you were frustrated but I think your coments reflect your frustration and were a bit out of line. Heads up mate there is always next year.

Carnie same for you. Great player and ability but you have to remember reffing is a job many of us would not want to do. It is a rec league and people make mistakes.

My dad once said to me don't argue with the ref as they will not change their mind on a call (unless your the ref that reffed the players Rangers game, he whistled and pointed to the circle after a goal and after Players proteseted called the ball back). Play the game, do your job, and don't whine.

understood and i agree !!! i cant say that i dont say anything to the ref that would be a lie big time !! hahahaha we are all human and we all are prone to making mistakes !!!

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
My dad had some great pearls of wisdom too...

"Shut up and quit crying. If I wanted to be with a moany bitch I would go find your mother."

I'm not sure it's relevant here in the Ref's of the Packenham cup thread but, you know, I thought I would throw it out there.

PS. Whistle blower is only in it for the money and the ego trip.

hahahahahaha i like that one !!! ...... "Shut up and quit crying. If I wanted to be with a moany bitch I would go find your mother." ..... classic !!!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys, We all can come on here and complain about the officials as I may have once or twice myself. I for one feel the refs are OK and just that. Some are better than others.
I know that there is no way these guys are doing this for the money. Maybe a few guys downtown but out in the Valley there is no way as the money earned gets spent on gas and time spent travelling to and from the games.
These guys are doing it for the love of the game...
But that is not good enough for me. Hear me out.
If someone is only doing it for the love of the game,then maybe they are to much involved in the game. They can make a difference. They are only human. To come out half way across the valley in pouring rain to get yelled at by anyone ?
No way would I do it and hats off to the guys doing it now so we can play..
Thankyou and sorry for the bashing.
BUT..
I would rather have an official do my game who is there for the money...Its his job.
And if he is not doing his job properly he gets fired.
Now I know we cant do that , right now.
But as a bussiness man, I know how to fix this problem and how to make our officials better and how to make the FVSL better.
Its actually quit easy..
PAY MORE MONEY to the officals.
You want better refs,you want linesmen at more games,you want the refs to have a review board or disapline commitee to answer to,you want the refs to train and take more classes,you want more of them so you dont see the same guys as often, ect ect...
Then you simpley need to pay them enough money to make it worth their while.. Travel allowance too.
Before you all get worked up listen.
This is not going to change over night, But will take a few years to work.
It takes time to attract the right people. Time to train these people. Time to put any plan into play.
Also a new pay structure. Premier Refs should be paid more than a div 3 ref. Giveing these officals something to train and work for. Insentive. To be better and to improve!
We also need to put into play a new or fix the old rule in reguards to how people treat and speek to officials like the way hockey has addressed this same problem.
Keeping younger people in officiating is key.
So we attract people into this new job cause thats what it is by offering money.
We keep them by respecting them and treating them better.
With more officials and a system set up like this one, Nothing but good can come of it.
I know that the guys out there now who are doing there best would love more money and would probably love to take more training to be the best they could be. It all makes sence.

Now how much will this cost you?

Thats debatable...

I would like to see $3 a player a game more..A toonie.and a loonie.
around $50 more a game total. $25 each team.
Thats Premier. $90 Middle official and $40 each line.
Adjust the rest as you go down the divisions.
And to tell you the truth I personally would like to see $100 and $50's...

If you cant afford this then stay in a lower division where the officials are cheeper and you get what you pay for.
And stop your bitching cause if you pay peanuts you get peanuts.
I feel so bad for the officials that we have now and I tell you if they quit ,,,what then.
We have a major problem guys...a shortage of officials period, good or bad.

Oh and all you cheepass guys who want to bash me for the solution...Remember soccer IS the cheepest sport to play!.
Your only makeing yourself look cheeper about complaining about 3 bucks more a game.
If you cant afford 3 bucks more a game then you have way more problems than to bitch and complain about how an official did your game.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh and dude on your comment on ACBC ,Fcuk you If you were there and fcuk you if you werent. Our Captian Blew his Fcuking knee and is gone from soccer for life and the ref said right the fcuk when it happened to quit rolling around and get up,,not seconds later right then.. The coach who came running on the field was his father and when his son was in so much pain he ran on the field and when I asked what the fcuk was the red card for I got one too......PERIOD Maybee a few more fcuks were said but this was 30 seconds into a game and that ref opened his mouth and lost all control right then and if he wants respect he had better give it right back and thats what happened...Dont say its ACBC cause if anyone,ANYONE would have been in this situation the exsact same results would have came about...Dont kid yourself or try and be all high and mighty...Our captian and most well respected guy was in some crazy pain..and yes you can walk off from that type of injury,,not cause he was fakeing but because he is a fcuking MAN.
Now Red Card me again

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, what kind of father runs onto the field when his son is in pain? Do we allow this in hockey? No. It also isn't allowed in our game.

Preaching to the choir there Ghouse...we've all been there. Broken my leg on the pitch twice, and several other injuries where I went straight to the hospital. You paint your picture, then I hear what really happened, and to me it sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats. Too bad he was hurt. Doesn't make a damn bit of difference if it was 1 minute or 50 in, or if he's the classiest man in the world or a cnut. The rules don't change for your player.

When My son is hurt in hockey, or involved in a mjor crash racing BMX, I do not go out there unless called on by an official. It's a rule, plus common sense. On top of that, my kid would tell me to get back in the stands.

So, complete BS on your part.

Thanks, and fcuk you too.

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, what kind of father runs onto the field when his son is in pain? Do we allow this in hockey? No. It also isn't allowed in our game.

Preaching to the choir there Ghouse...we've all been there. Broken my leg on the pitch twice, and several other injuries where I went straight to the hospital. You paint your picture, then I hear what really happened, and to me it sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats. Too bad he was hurt. Doesn't make a damn bit of difference if it was 1 minute or 50 in, or if he's the classiest man in the world or a cnut. The rules don't change for your player.

When My son is hurt in hockey, or involved in a mjor crash racing BMX, I do not go out there unless called on by an official. It's a rule, plus common sense. On top of that, my kid would tell me to get back in the stands.

So, complete BS on your part.

Thanks, and fcuk you too.

Just FYI his father is the assistant coach !! he is aloud to go onto the field if a player is down, son or not !!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erm, no.

No one can enter the field of play w/o the referee's permission.

Carry on.

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erm, no.

No one can enter the field of play w/o the referee's permission.

Carry on.

i understand that but if someone is down in pain its understandable if the coach runs out there when the play is stopped .... come on man !!!

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I as a business owner also have learned the hard way that by paying a sub par individual more does not make said sub par individual better. Until it's a good days wage for the 90 minutes, lets call it what it is. A volunteer gig with a bit of pocket money. Honestly I can see why someone would want the middle, just the challenge of it. The guys I shake my head at are the premier lino's who come out on a Saturday night for $25.

Bluntly and a touch on my high horse, by simply shutting the eff up and moving on would solve half the grief that those are on about here. That is what needs to happen imo. Try it as an experiment. Get your team to keep their mouths shut, allow no dissent, institute a ridiculous fine and encourage endless belittling(sp??) from their peers for any yellow earned via chirping. Over a season, some goes your way, some does not.

Poco was bad in the past. Not only getting on the ref but themselves as well and you can just watch a team unravel. They are much better now. ACBC was their own worst enemy the first two times this year. In the Pak they were a different bunch. Focussed, respectful and played hard. Shook our hands at the end and moved on. That did not happen without either Rich addressing it or as a team they decided to keep their mouths shut and let their talent do the talking.

Some ref's even at premier unravel at times. We all see the same guys, know how you have to carry yourself with that individual and bite your tongue. I can only think of one ref this year that I did not think called a good game and lost the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0