Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2009 - Quarterfinals

Pak Cup Quarters MOTW

• Athletic Club BC P - Mission SC D1

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Poco City FC P - Abbotsford Mariners P

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Poco City Reserves D1 - Chilliwack Rapids P

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Aldergrove Utd P - TWU Titans D1

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Who cares The Mighty Rangers are out!

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That maybe so but isn't what you said.

Understandable = yes.

"aloud" = no.

understand that but if someone is down in pain its understandable if the coach runs out there when the play is stopped .... come on man !!!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude Im talking about a ref saying "quit rolling around and get up"
Card the coach for comeing on the field,card the coach for asking what the cards for , card the guy for calling the ref a name. But never ever say quit rolling around and get up,,,EVER
Enough about all this,,it happened we served our suspentions and our player is done..We have moved on.
We need now to fix our shortage of officials.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, I'll take it as face value, and offer you a fantasy scenario.

Let's say a player gets clattered. Totally run over. In being clattered he is injured. Stands up, notices something is off in the- oh, I don't know- knee area. Injured player knows he's done for at least the night, likely longer, starts walking off the field.

Now- and this is in no way related to your incident- let's say HIS DAD runs on the pitch, tells the injured player to get down. Injured player drops to the carpet upon being told to do so by HIS DAD, and starts rolling around, in pain, making a big scene.

Again, this is a TOTALLY UNRELATED, MADE UP SITUATION.

Imagine now that you are the ref. Now, imagine that the team that said injured player belongs to has a reputation for being a bit over the top, and for play acting.

If YOU are the ref, and this situation happens in your game, what would you say?

I know what I'd say: "GET UP NANCY!"

Again, sorry to hear your player was badly injured, all the best in his recovery.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude Im talking about a ref saying "quit rolling around and get up"
Card the coach for comeing on the field,card the coach for asking what the cards for , card the guy for calling the ref a name. But never ever say quit rolling around and get up,,,EVER
Enough about all this,,it happened we served our suspentions and our player is done..We have moved on.
We need now to fix our shortage of officials.

Only a player, a substitute or substituted player can be shown a yellow or red card, per the LOTG's.

Carry on.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
When My son is hurt in hockey, or involved in a mjor crash racing BMX, I do not go out there unless called on by an official. It's a rule, plus common sense. On top of that, my kid would tell me to get back in the stands.

So, complete BS on your part.

Thanks, and fcuk you too.

Was just reading this, and here is my thoughts

Really:confused: Your telling me if your son was screaming on the track bmxing you wouldn't run to him.....:confused::confused:

I can tell you one thing soccer, bmx or for that matter hockey, I wouldn't give a rats ass, I would be by my daughters side in a second if she was seriously hurt

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, I'll take it as face value, and offer you a fantasy scenario.

Let's say a player gets clattered. Totally run over. In being clattered he is injured. Stands up, notices something is off in the- oh, I don't know- knee area. Injured player knows he's done for at least the night, likely longer, starts walking off the field.

Now- and this is in no way related to your incident- let's say HIS DAD runs on the pitch, tells the injured player to get down. Injured player drops to the carpet upon being told to do so by HIS DAD, and starts rolling around, in pain, making a big scene.

Again, this is a TOTALLY UNRELATED, MADE UP SITUATION.

Imagine now that you are the ref. Now, imagine that the team that said injured player belongs to has a reputation for being a bit over the top, and for play acting.

If YOU are the ref, and this situation happens in your game, what would you say?

I know what I'd say: "GET UP NANCY!"

Again, sorry to hear your player was badly injured, all the best in his recovery.

I'll take it as face value, and offer you a fantasy scenario.....

say someone talks about a situation that they have no idea about .... TOTALLY UNRELATED TO THIS CONVERSATION, TOTALLY MADE UP.....and this chatter box is spitting out nonsense ... what would u say ?

i know what i would say, better ask ....
were u at the game ?
did u see first hand what happened ?

i dont really want to talk about this anymore with someone who has no idea what he is talking about .... bottom line he tore his mcl and acl and is out for the rest of his soccer career. then was getting mocked by the ref. put yourself in that situation with ur child ? i would run on the field and so would u !!!! i may have a few words for the ref as well but i hope that situation never happens to u or anyone .... best of luck for the rest of the season dude !!

Carniehore

Sep 20, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Really:confused: Your telling me if your son was screaming on the track bmxing you wouldn't run to him.....:confused::confused:

I can tell you one thing soccer, bmx or for that matter hockey, I wouldn't give a rats ass, I would be by my daughters side in a second if she was seriously hurt

shoot thats why my father didnt let me in MMA hahahaha i would get killed !!! :eek:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
My playr never got up and was never told to lay back down either,,He went down and stayed down and I too would run anywhere my kid was if he was in pain 16 or 26.
But for arguements sake lets just agree that ACBC are a bunch of cry baby divers who parents run on the field everytime a whistle blows and ...what ever else your thinking.
Lets just move on guys as we are getting away from the topic of we need more officials ,,,or was it the Pak quarter finals.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if I'm a player who is not playing or suited up that night but the ref knows me.

The referee is within his authority to send you away and to leave the park but you can't actually be shown a card. Cards can only be shown to players; not to coaches or spectators

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No- we're not allowed until the first aid calls us over. It's a dangerous situation because motos take off every 20 seconds. Quite often when there is a pile up, another race has started right behind it. That's why they don't want parents running onto the track. That's why we have first air, and you can come over when they wave you over.

In all his crashes, my kids has NEVER asked me to come over. Some have been nasty.

Now, if it were an obvious life threatening situation, I'd be eating my words (and I'm knowcking on wood now). But guys...an ACL / MCL / Broken bone is bad, but by no means life threatening. Please keep the discussion in the realm of realistic. In all contact sports there are people there to handle it, and your roll as a parent it to stay on the sideline and chew your fingernails until you're told to come out or you can see your child on the sidelines / medical room. No Ghouse, you would not jump out onto an ice surface. Stop fcuking lying. It's getting old.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll take it as face value, and offer you a fantasy scenario.....

say someone talks about a situation that they have no idea about .... TOTALLY UNRELATED TO THIS CONVERSATION, TOTALLY MADE UP.....and this chatter box is spitting out nonsense ... what would u say ?

i know what i would say, better ask ....
were u at the game ?
did u see first hand what happened ?

i dont really want to talk about this anymore with someone who has no idea what he is talking about .... bottom line he tore his mcl and acl and is out for the rest of his soccer career. then was getting mocked by the ref. put yourself in that situation with ur child ? i would run on the field and so would u !!!! i may have a few words for the ref as well but i hope that situation never happens to u or anyone .... best of luck for the rest of the season dude !!

Being Devils Advocate here. If you haven't noticed, you guys have been doing nothing but squaking about this situation since it happened, blaming everyone but yourselves. Then I hear privately the other side, and the guys telling me the story don't want to bother making any more of it. Yet you guys keep bringing it up, and again- I've heard a totally different version.

Now you're dragging the ref down with you, and I think it's uncool.

Why do I believe them over you? The whole "Cry Wolf" thing. That's why.

gt5

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is not surprising to me at all and after watching part of Chilliwack's game last week they have a decent shot at the finals. Good for them.

JTL

A decent shot at the finals? I wish we had there side of the draw. They were terrible when played them and if they make it to the finals and play acbc the score should be double how bad we got shite kicked.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if I'm a player who is not playing or suited up that night but the ref knows me.
all he can do is ask you to leave the field. if you refuse to leave he can abandon the game n go home. only players that are dressed can be carded. no managers, coaches, fans, parents or even players that aren't dressed in uniform. simple as that......someone already mentioned it above, my bad i didn't see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0