Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scrappy game last night. I don't imagine it was very nice on the eyes for the 'fan' that came out. What a football atmosphere Mouat turf is. The 1 port-o-let and and a skate park really must pack them in for those 8pm Saturday fixtures.

Abby was really forcing the ball long last night, more than normal too. Our backs ran miles having to defend or collect the crap passes and forced to defend the two whippets they put up front. We had about 7 or 8 good chances to finish but didn't. 5 - 2 would have been fair if chances counted for anything. Crocker is on suicide watch after his PK was saved with all of 30 seconds left in the game. Abby's freaking 6th peno vs us in 8 games. Unreal!

2 reds for abby late 1 for decent and the other for throwing a ball at the back of one of our players heads. I don't blame him though, we don't much fancy him either... The new ref, Roman (I think) did well let the minor ruff stuff go but called what he needed too.

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
All games Saturday March 20, 2010
Pakenham Cup
Port Moody Gunners vs. Poco Rangers FC - GATES PARK 12.30pm
Peace Arch Utd vs. Athletic Club BC - GATES PARK 3pm

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got off the phone with Jacko

3 - 2 Peace Arch over ACBC.

From all accounts and absolute cracker of a match

PAU up 1-0..Acbc tie it up and go up 2-1. Evans ties it on a PK.

Game goes to shootout and PAU are into the Pak Cup Final

Congrats to all the PAU Lads...G House, unlcuky mate. I heard it was a good one pal. Heads up

KNVB...Well done Sunny Jim. Enjoy. This is PAU's only way into the B C's..They need to win that final

Nice job boyz.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw both Pres Semi Finals and Pak Semi, ACBC v. PAU. And i still can't figure out why Premier teams played on one of the crappiest grass fields around. I mean this field was worse than Shrathcona. It was really crappy. With a fairly ok TURF field just yards away empty it's definitely a head scratcher. Anyways.

Vault had a good game against Guildford, if they just had more offense, it would have been a match of the season. But unfortunately they had very few scoring chances. And their semi pro forwards were a no show. Regardless, Good game by C4L to keep them in it. He should have gone forward. :D

FVRD are definitely the real deal. They had their way with the Nomads. Didn't even turn my head to really watch that game. Felt bad for Housearrest. Lots of yelling but no reciprocation by defenders. If FVRD can duplicate performance and confidence shown in Nomads game, they will win Pres Cup hands down.

Anywho, there was no BBQ by Nomads, very disappointing. I think even Mr.Mills was very disappointed in the lack of beers or food shown in this game. Very disppointing. LOL:D Ghouse was levid to say the least. Thankfully i got a couple Snackers from KFC to hold me over. Shame on LUFC for promising the BBQ. They definitely need time to heal after this game. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
and the moot post of the year goes to...

BTW, the grass is in better shape than the turf.

Cheers Keno. The crew has put in a ton of work in since the break and we're finally seeing some results.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk that, BTW, the grass was siht compared to the Turf. Any Turf in the Lower Mainland, Btw. This grass field had dips and dives in it. All in all it was a sihtty field. No field premier teams should play on. But whatever, PAU players won't be complaining about it, now will they. :) A win is a win.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I get to the field to find out that our Semi final Pakenham Cup game is being played on a practice pitch...You know the fields you warm up on before playing your games at Gates..Ya the ones with the turf in the keeper box area and the sand mounds and mudd filled lines..the same field where the goal posts lean 3 to 4 inches into the field...
I ask Bob the coach of Pt Moody when he found out we were playing on this crap and he says to me`just like you..when I got here`
3 years of playing POCO at Gates and NEVER have we ever played on this Practice Pitch. How were we to know.
I then think to myself..holy shti how many of my guys have proper boots with them..
To late everyone is pullin up and only 2 guys have thier other boots in the car...
Panic sets in and the expected running around phoneing friends in the area to borrow boots and even 3 guys from Moody lent thier wet sweaty boots to 3 of our guys..How fun to play in those...And thank you 3 moody guys for sure.
Still the panic threw us off the game for sure and the majority of players played in turf shoes on grass...
Not to mention we never see grass ,so a heads up not just so we can bring proper boots but so we could train a day or 2 on grass to prepair for this very important game would have been nice...
I mean you would think that with all the emails sent out this week to remind teams of makeup games and what not, a little heads up to let the teams know that your playing on grass would have been a given...I mean Am I wrong here but turf and grass are different right ..I mean enough to at least tell a team so they can bring proper boots to play in..
The President of the league should be proud of his elite teams and should want them all to play on EVEN playing fields or so you would think...
SO WHY THE FUKC WERE WE NOT TOLD ABOUT WHERE WE WERE PLAYING.

I know why and so does everyone else...

Good luck PAU I hope you can pull out the win and make the BCs..your on a roll and are peekin at the right time..And Beating POCO to get there would be the Karma TM deserves..

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I get to the field to find out that our Semi final Pakenham Cup game is being played on a practice pitch...You know the fields you warm up on before playing your games at Gates..Ya the ones with the turf in the keeper box area and the sand mounds and mudd filled lines..the same field where the goal posts lean 3 to 4 inches into the field...
I ask Bob the coach of Pt Moody when he found out we were playing on this crap and he says to me`just like you..when I got here`
3 years of playing POCO at Gates and NEVER have we ever played on this Practice Pitch. How were we to know.
I then think to myself..holy shti how many of my guys have proper boots with them..
To late everyone is pullin up and only 2 guys have thier other boots in the car...
Panic sets in and the expected running around phoneing friends in the area to borrow boots and even 3 guys from Moody lent thier wet sweaty boots to 3 of our guys..How fun to play in those...And thank you 3 moody guys for sure.
Still the panic threw us off the game for sure and the majority of players played in turf shoes on grass...
Not to mention we never see grass ,so a heads up not just so we can bring proper boots but so we could train a day or 2 on grass to prepair for this very important game would have been nice...
I mean you would think that with all the emails sent out this week to remind teams of makeup games and what not, a little heads up to let the teams know that your playing on grass would have been a given...I mean Am I wrong here but turf and grass are different right ..I mean enough to at least tell a team so they can bring proper boots to play in..
The President of the league should be proud of his elite teams and should want them all to play on EVEN playing fields or so you would think...
SO WHY THE FUKC WERE WE NOT TOLD ABOUT WHERE WE WERE PLAYING.

I know why and so does everyone else...

Good luck PAU I hope you can pull out the win and make the BCs..your on a roll and are peekin at the right time..And Beating POCO to get there would be the Karma TM deserves..

blah blah sour grapes. PAU puts their jeans on one leg at a time.....

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU knew it was on grass well before the game. My guess would be that ACBC's manager didn't do his job...who is that again? I always find it weird how 90% of games are played on turf and then the biggest games of the year are then on grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0