Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pak Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definite win for PAU. 4-1 i think.

PAU were defensively solid. There #18 and the other CB, i think KVNB, were solid. Really anchored things.

But for POCO, whatever could go wrong went wrong for Poco. Their goalie probably injured or something let 2 stinkers in, which changed the whole complextion of the game. Their captain who scored Poco's only goal from a nice free kick, got injured in the 1st half never came back.

Anyways, PAU played a good game definitely deserved it.

On a sidenote, it was a damm cold and windy day, i wouldn't be surprised if that threw guys off or affected some players game.

Good Luck to the FVSL Premier teams in the Provincials.

Cheers.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to PAU.......that's some run in PAK Cup finals. :)

Now go get beat by the VMSL teams like you're supposed to. ;)

Please note the ;) :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty interesting game out in South Surrey today. Horvath scored a free kick early from another Universe, most likely a cross but found the far top corner as it was misplayed by the keeper. To be fair I have seen that type of goal go in at all levels and was a great free kick either way. PoCo started carrying the play after that and equalized with a great turn and hit from their Captain, off the post and in. Horvath responded with a goal off another free kick against the run of play, a cheeky one while the keeper was still setting up the wall. soccer 101 somebody stands on the ball while shite gets organized. Tweeet half time..... Poco has lost their captain to injury are down 2-1 but in my opinion out playing Peace Arch.

Second half Horvath is at it again, a third free kick well hit again, but fukc sakes if a keeper at this level can't make that save sign me up. Horvath MVP wraped up. Game lost some flow at this point as the loss of their captain and lack of a keeper took away any chance of Poco winning the game. Some dirty play followed as Poco seemed frustrated at their misfortune and should have recieved a red card but the ref traded in his balls for a vag and knows who signs his pay check..kidding Thomas. Peace Arch added two more in the latter stages. Another title for the back street boys.

I got to give it to KNVB he was rock solid back their and really controlled the game and set the tone along side Pigeon and Jacko.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
gotta say that's a pretty ****in accurate post to describe what should have been a good final that turned into a shambles for poco, gotta give credit to pau nation as they needed to win and they did, end of!:cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Peace Arch 'the club' and FVSL for hosting a terrific event. My first and I thought it was first class. Except for Uppal breaking JTL's golden boot trophy I think everything went off with-out a hitch.

Richy Norman is my new hero. Took a boot to the head and had a golf ball lump above his eye and I'm sure a headache and still came back on to try and help his team. Warrior.

Finally congratulations to my team mates for a terrific second half of the season. It wasn't always pretty but we did what we needed to do and after a 6th place season we finally got a few breaks and bounces. Feels good. Now we get to do it all over again next week.

Turf or parking lot cloughie ;)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say that PAU did a bang up job of hosting the Cup finals this year..(again)
I stayed to the bitter end and was impressed with the few guys who stayed behind and tore everything down and cleaned all the garbage up...Hats off to you few the most.
Always lots of help to set up..its the teardown and cleanup that tells you who the real troopers are.
Cheers to you!
4 guys I know well from the VMSL dropped in to the beergardens (Hurricanes). They had caught the first half of the Imperial cup and heard we had beer gardens and food way over in SS so hit the road (with a few pops)(not good)..They told me they were shocked to see what we had going on out here...Way more peeps and full beergardens with Strongbow and burgers..They were impressed and wondered why their league didnt have all the games and festivities on the same day aswell...
So way to go PAU and FVSL.
As for the Game....Well cheers to PAU with a well deserved win...I wasnt impressed with the language comeing from one of the benches as a few of the older ladies behind that bench did pack up thier lawn chairs and left...I think we all heard the word "Kunt" just a few 100 to many times...
I thought the first half was pretty good..but then the soccer kinda dissapeared and it was more of a battle to see who was going to not get or get injured.
The Provincials next Friday at Gates with both these teams meeting again should be interesting to watch..I think who ever comes to play soccer will win and move on..whoever tries to play the bully tactics will be golfing early.
Im going to watch this game for sure...its going to be a cracker.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say that PAU did a bang up job of hosting the Cup finals this year..(again)
I stayed to the bitter end and was impressed with the few guys who stayed behind and tore everything down and cleaned all the garbage up...Hats off to you few the most.
Always lots of help to set up..its the teardown and cleanup that tells you who the real troopers are.
Cheers to you!
4 guys I know well from the VMSL dropped in to the beergardens (Hurricanes). They had caught the first half of the Imperial cup and heard we had beer gardens and food way over in SS so hit the road (with a few pops)(not good)..They told me they were shocked to see what we had going on out here...Way more peeps and full beergardens with Strongbow and burgers..They were impressed and wondered why their league didnt have all the games and festivities on the same day aswell...
So way to go PAU and FVSL.
As for the Game....Well cheers to PAU with a well deserved win...I wasnt impressed with the language comeing from one of the benches as a few of the older ladies behind that bench did pack up thier lawn chairs and left...I think we all heard the word "Kunt" just a few 100 to many times...
I thought the first half was pretty good..but then the soccer kinda dissapeared and it was more of a battle to see who was going to not get or get injured.
The Provincials next Friday at Gates with both these teams meeting again should be interesting to watch..I think who ever comes to play soccer will win and move on..whoever tries to play the bully tactics will be golfing early.
Im going to watch this game for sure...its going to be a cracker.

FYI-the crowd at the vmsl doubleheader was outstanding, as was the barbecue and beer garden.

I did not count the cnut comments but the vmsl must have done ok there too.

Congrats to PAU on their victory.

soccerking

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO-House
It was a great atmosphere at Kinsmen stadium. You could actually buy a beer and smoky at the game and watch it on the touch line or in the stadium bleachers instead of standing between an orange fence and wandering around looking for someone to talk to because your only friend was coaching.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO-House
It was a great atmosphere at Kinsmen stadium. You could actually buy a beer and smoky at the game and watch it on the touch line or in the stadium bleachers instead of standing between an orange fence and wandering around looking for someone to talk to because your only friend was coaching.

I think you need more friends then. It's called mingling. Try it sometime you won't be alone on saturday nights beating your meat.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classic at the 'Nucks game last night.

Ran into Jacko and he's wearing his medal around his neck in the rink.

In fine form my friend. :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to PAU on another PAK Cup victory. Can relate to your season guys, but really you just started yours didn't you?

Good luck the rest of the way.:)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fan-tas-tic day out at SSA!
Pitch was in great shape and the atmosphere was brilliant.
Provincial Cup grudge match Friday 8:30pm @ Gates Park!

Attachments

• Pak Cup 2010.jpg
    Pak Cup 2010.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 120

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that Scurrsy wearing the keeper gear?
I can't tell with Johnny blowing his load into the camera...:D

Didn't even know he was playing for PAU.

Well done man. :)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rf

Yeah, it's Scurrsy!

He has been a great team guy all year long. When Gyrish had plans for Hawaii, we told him he was the man and he stepped up HUGE! He gained a lot of respect from a lot of guys after his first Pak Cup (in almost 20 years playing mens footy)!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Noted

John Kurucz said:
Published: Wednesday, April 07, 2010

While a short attention span may have cost them last week, a short memory would go a long way for the Port Coquitlam Rangers this week. The local Premier soccer side dropped a disappointing 5-1 decision to Peace Arch United in Saturday's Pakenham Cup, a loss that was decided between the ears, more so than between the lines.

"We've got a very young team and it was very intimidating going into a game like that," said Rangers coach Thomas Mills. "There's a lot of ceremony before the match, a lot of delays with bagpipers and anthems, so they had to wait and wait and wait for a game that they'd normally just show up and play. You could see that it was in their heads.

Things started to go downhill for PoCo just 10 minutes in, when a seemingly harmless Peace Arch cross through the box eluded Rangers keeper Mike Maloney to give the home side a 1-0 advantage. Rangers team captain Jay Gangnes, who finished third in league scoring this season with eight tallies, levelled the score at one in the 23rd minute before the wheels began to fall off.

With Peace Arch assessed a free kick in the 29th minute, the Rangers were bogged down by confusion and missed assignments. As Maloney was still in the process of setting up his defenders in a defensive wall, Peace Arch sniper Ryan Horvath notched his second of three amidst the myriad of tactical miscues "On paper we were favoured to win it and all things being equal, we should have won it. But we actually lost it, they didn't win it. We gave it to them," Mills said.On top of being mentally rattled, the Rangers went into the half minus Gangnes, who suffered a series of torn ligaments in his ankle and is now listed as out for the long term.

"So by the half, we've lost our best player and given them two goals and things are not looking good," Mills said. "The coach goes ballistic, rips his team a new orifice, makes a bunch of changes and basically slams a lot of people for not showing up for a Cup final. But to be honest, when we came out in the second half, we just looked completely lost."
The changes did come in the second half, as Peace Arch lined up in a defensive stance while PoCo countered with a more attack-oriented formation.The result, however, was much of the same.Horvath staked out his hat trick marker 15 minutes into the second half on a goal that Maloney misplayed, allowing the strike to bounce right over him for a 3-1 Peace Arch lead.

From there, the game deteriorated into some nastiness, as a total of eight yellow cards were issued -- six to PoCo -- on top of a fight ensuing in the game's closing minutes.
The two additional goals that Peace Arch would go on to score were more of an afterthought, if not salt in the wound for a PoCo side that went into the contest as the favourite.

Cory Lenzi ended up potting Peace Arch's fifth marker, and his post-goal celebration caused players on the PoCo bench to see red."The guy that scored it, he came by our bench mocking us and taunting us with five fingers -- that's when the brouhaha started," Mills said. "But we haven't lost by five goals in years in any one game and especially to them, so it was a real embarrassment and a real blow to the psyche."

Despite being taken down a notch, the Rangers will have revenge on their minds this Friday, as the club had already qualified for Provincial Cup play and was just waiting to see whom they would play. As luck would have it, that team is Peace Arch, and the two begin knockout play this Friday in Port Coquitlam. "We've got a few ambulances ordered, standing by," Mills joked. "But considering that we had a complete meltdown at halftime, and I went bonkers on the team, after the game we got on our bus and went home and had a party. Now the plan is to forget about that and just get back to what we do well."

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"On paper we were favoured to win it and all things being equal, we should have won it. But we actually lost it, they didn't win it. We gave it to them,"

I knew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0