Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Over 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sillyrabbit is plain silly

What is like being the biggest butcher on the field no matter what team you play??

Well sillyrabbit, maybe you can ask me face to face when we finally play. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I really like it. One thing for sure, it's easy being a "butcher" when it's easier to find the beef, if you know what I mean. I'm pretty sure that I always save a goal specifically for your lot, to go along with my "butchering".

Fraternally yours. I'm off for a run now. :mad:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sillybunnykins,

you fellows have to play Peace Arch before you get SU in the make up game Dec 9.

Highlander,

The league needs to take that #20 out of Over 30 soccer before he breaks someones leg or worst. He broke one our players' collar-bone last year.

Your right where are you jordy? You 95 ave bastard!!!! ;)

5btmakinsurehis200thpostwillbeontheover30thread:cool:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
premature postulation

Highlander, how did your reply to my post get in before mine?

I am not drunk nor particularly over emotional. Being emotional means you are alive. A famous Scot once said, "Everyman will die but not every man will have lived". As to the spots on your foot, well, you know the story, either you or me. Hey, it was the beginning of a wonderful friendship, ya think? :D

P.S. you look great on crutches!
:p

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fitness Regime

Yes it was a long run. I had a lot of thinking to do. I felt like Forest Gump. Before I knew it, I ended up in downtown Whalley, you know, where all the Sundowner guys hang out. It was right out of Warriors, the gang movie. They started to chase me, but of course, being Sundowners, they couldn't catch me. Muirhead came close, at least I thought, but it was just the shadow of his enormous head.

Off for a little sparring practice. Guess I'll have to wake my son out of bed. He's very good you know, as far as grade 4's go.

Gotta get ready for sillybunny.

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Total Marine Celtics

Tried to respond yesterday but created a new thread instead of a reply. Ignore the thread " CELTICS "

Thought we needed some input from the once and mighty WCOTSL as it's been a while.

We have really struggled on the pitch this year. We'll have a tough time getting back into the finals this year, we've been playing like shite!

Too many injuries and too many birthdays have gone by.

Last 4 weeks have been tough. We have over weight midfielders playing in the back & under weight defenders playing up front. What a threat!

Lost to Westside 2-1, both teams looked brutal. We were just a little worse.

Lost to Columbus 5-2. Went down 2 nil and tied up at the half. Then proceeded to play like our neighbours PoCo City, and gave them the game. Fcuking brilliant!

Tied SFU 0-0. We deserved this one. Our keeper only touched the ball twice. They cleared off the line twice, doesn't say much about our guys up front. Can not believe these guys are near the top. What parity in our league.

Tied Vanc. Fireman 1-1. Decent game, they had the 1'st 20 minutes and the last 15. We were spent. Other than that, we played like Celtic of old. Still missing Barney, Matt Setchell, Niel McGregor and myself. Finally, got wee Ronnie Cuthbert back, thank Christ.

Next on the agenda, Club Inter. Seems these guys either play very well or don't show up. Must have 20 guys signed, guess it depends on which 14 show up!!! Hope it's the 14 that showed up against BBY Fireman, for our sake. Celtic desperately need a win as it's been 4 long weeks.

All the best to the rest of you.

Guess I've left myself wide open for a good piss taking. Bring it on!!

Craig

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Craigo.

Caught some of your game Sunday before ours. I heard you're out with an ACL. Hard luck. Your team will miss you. Take care.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weeknend Fixtures

With all the crappy weather being predicted who knows what matches will go ahead?

Here they are for the weekend and there are some good ones!

Surrey United v Golden Olys
Academico Alumni v Poco City FC
Surrey City Firemen v IFC
Mission Celtics v Mt. Lehman Storm
Peace Arch United v Surrey FC Sundowners (MOTW)
GEU Old Haney v Sapperton Old Boys
Langley FC v Delta Metro United

Besides the MOTW the Langley/Delta matchup looks good. Ballbaby's lads have been walking away with it again. It's going to take a special game to beat them.

The Sundowners have been waiting to get at PA all year. Here it is!!! Should be some great soccer in this one.

Good Luck Old Farts!!!! ;)

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BALLBABY,

You heard right. I tore my Anterior & Posterior Cruciat (Sp) Ligaments. Oh well. Get ready for next year. Should never have gone into the tackle, it was my own fault.

Watched a bit of your game on Sunday. SU looks like you're ready to repeat this year. Was the pich big enough for you. Without a doubt, we must have the biggest pitch in the Lower Mainland. Your team looks good, wish I could have stayed but was on call.

Who plays for PA. Is that the old Delta boys from years ago. Paul Adams, Mark Booth, Ron Dirksen & Jamie Horvath? If so, they must be a good side.

Good luck this weekend,
Craig

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Craigo,

Sorry to hear about the injury! I have been there, I tore my ACL years ago.

Your absolutely right when you say SU looks to go all the way again. To there credit they continue to be strong every year. A little better than the teams chasing them.

As for PA. We have none of those fellows on the team. We are trying to give SU a run for the money though. We have old dogs like Steve Brown, Brant Watkins, Randy Schick, Bruce Davidson on this Old Farts Team.

Anyway good luck with the recovery:D

5btisreallymellowtonitemustbethe5shotsofJD

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bigtoes,

Thanks for the encouragement. Can't wait to get back on the pitch. Tough watching our lot from the sidelines week in and week out.

Say hello to Steve Brown and Brant Watkins; aka Chalky, I used to play with them both at Quenns Park years ago.

Good luck against the Sundowners this weekend. We played them 3 times last year. 2 wins and 1 tie, mind you 2 games were exhibition. We won the only one that counted in Prov. semis. They're a good side and work hard, they just need to keep their mouth shut. Bunch of whiners!

All the best,
Craig Olley

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Craigo,

We have had the better of Sundowner since we joined the O30's 3 years ago. All close games. I think this year they are a better team. We haven't lost to them yet and do not plan on starting this weekend.

Unfortunately, we have been cancelled. :(

The weather has finally caught up to the FVSL.

Maybe we can hook-up and play you guys sometime? Send me a PM and let's see what we can do. Wednesday nights is good for us.

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 bigtoes,

Too bad you were cancelled this weekend. I think most games in Vancouver were. We played Club Inter at their BBY Lake turf field. Thet only started with 9 guys and didn't get their other 2 players until we were 20 minutes in. By then, it was 2 bagel. Final score, CELTIC 8 CLUB INTER 1. Great for the +/-

We only have 3 league games left, next week and 2 after X-mas. Would love to play and ex.game. We are playing this Wednesday and next, against PoCo City Div 1 open, it's always great to beat the young guns(hopefully)

We have Port Moody turf field every Wednesday at 9:30. I don't know if that's too late? Queens Park is usually available? We'll set something up for January.

Craigo

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Three points is three points...

Westside 1-0 Lobbans

A brutal game out at Larry Walker Field in Maple Ridge. They had 9 players, we started with 14 but 2 went down early; one got a nasty head on head smack--stars and all (no foul called even though their player came through our guy before he touched the ball), the other on a 2-foot tackle from behind (got the call but no card). So it came down to us being up 2 men the whole game with 1 sub.

We finally bagged one late in the first half and I thought the floodgates would open but the dyke held fast...they actually hit a crossbar and a post and our keeper had to save a breakaway.

Craigo, good to see you guys knock off Inter as it gives us a little breathing room. We've got our work cut out for us to qualify for the BC's (how many berths do we get from the WCOTL?) with Burnaby FF next week and then Columbus and FF to end our season.

We should petition the league to go another time around because the long layoff can be brutal heading into the BC's...either that or have a round robin between the qualifying teams from our league to stay matchfit.

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,

I thought you would have hammered Lobbans, but I'm sure you'll take the 3 points. Like you said "a win is a win" and you are ahead of us.

We have always had 6 entries into the Provincials. Top 6 teams. Then 7'th and 8'th have battled off with 1'st & 2'nd from Div 1. I don't know if this is changing this year with the FVOT obviously much stronger than when this plan was first put into place.

I agree on going another time through all teams. We just have SFU,Lobbans & BBY Fireman, we should be finished Jan 16'th.

Craigo

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Craigo,

Sounds good for the exhibition. Wednesday is our training night anyway. 9:30pm should not be a problem. I let you know and we will get it together for tyhe beginning of the New Year.

How's January 9 look? Let me know.

Cheers 5bigtoes

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
craigo

Craigo sorry to hear about the injury ,your dad told me about it i think amonth ago.
Your Dad and brother service the chiller at my work .
Were you at the exibition's last year against the sundowners?
I played in both those games ,and know i am a full time member of the team .
Leaving Surrey United premier Valley team as player Coach.
P.S tell Stuart to come and pick up his hose he left in the chiller room ,and bring me some christmas cheer!
Highlander(their can only be one)
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0