Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Over 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turf update

Must revise my previous post, as Mahon North turf failed its quality assurance inspection. Has been closed indefinitly! Seems American contractors, didn't realize glue and heavy rain don't go together. Pisses me off as that is our practice field, and now we are stuck on Argyle gravel parking lot.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
exhibition

Cside17 and hedKandi,

I am sure you can find an exhibition game from any of the FVSL O30's team. Out here in the hinterland we are always up for the challenge of you BIG CITY guys.

Contacts;

Surrey United = Ballbaby
Surrey Sundowners = Jordy
Peace Arch = yours truly :D 5BT

If we have to meet in between (neutral site), I understand that Queens Park in New West is available some weekday evenings. Lights, natural grass, beautiful location, a small fee, what more could you ask for?

If you do get your field problems sorted out, please let us know. We like the road trips as long as they meet the following criteria; change rooms, showers, great weather (it never rains in the beautiful hinterland) and some good competition. Not much to ask for? :D

Let me know through the PM system on the site.

5btwouldlovetoplaysomenorthshoreboysinanexhibition:)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Embarrassment

PA - 2
Langley FC - 2

Great day for the world's game. Playing at Noel Booth in Langley is frustrating enough without tying Langley FC. PA had a majority of the play and chances. Full credit to Langley FC they kept coming and took their chances. Two goals off PA mistakes. Oh well! That's what makes this game of ours so bloody interesting.

5btsthinksateamlikeSUwouldneverletthishappentothem!!!!:(

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fixtures and Predictions

This weeks matchups:

Surrey United v IFC (SU wins)
Academico Alumni v Mt. Lehman Storm (MT Lehman wins)
Mission Celtics v Sapperton Old Boys (Sapperton wins)
Peace Arch United v Delta Metro United (PA wins)
GEU Old Haney v Langley FC (Langley Wins)
Golden Olys v Poco City FC (Olys Win)
MOTW: Surrey City Firemen v Surrey FC Sundowners (Sry FC wins)

Good luck to all the teams!!!!:D

Let's see some more posts from the FVSL O 30 lads. The NSCL is making a run at over 30 threads.

Come on boys!!!! Make a little posting time for yourselves and post, post, post.

5bttryingtogetotherover30ladstopostmore:D

jordy

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
out to lunch

toes where have you been

not to sure of your predictions
most of them the same but got to go the other way on a few

academico vs mt lehman (academico wins)

mission celtic vs sapperton (celtic wins)

and just to piss off ballbaby

surrey united vs ifc (ifc wins)ha ha ha

jordy out

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jordy,

If I had as much free time as you did I would always be on the site posting like a lot of these young bucks.

:D See you around the block!!!

Get some of those bastards on your team, on the site. The NSCL is going to make us FVSL guys look bad.:mad:

jordy

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IF ANYBODY WAS WONDERING IF OVER 35 LEAGUE WAS JUST
RECREATIONAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT OUR GAME BETWEEN
SURREY FIREMAN AND SURREY SUNDOWNERS . 5BIGTOES WAS RIGHT WHEN HE SAID THEIR NOT A DIRTY TEAM THEY JUST PLAY
EVERY MINUTE TOUGH . THINGS THAT GET ME THOUGH THEY LIKE TO DISH IT OUT BUT WHEN THEY GET SOME BACK , ITS LIKE WE COMMITTED THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS FOUL EVER AGAINST THEM.
ABIT OF ADVICE FOR SURREY FIREMAN KEEP PLAYING THE GAME TOUGH BUT LEAVE THE CRAP AT HOME. SAME WITH OUR TEAM
IF YOU LOOK BACK WHAT YOU SAID OR WHAT DID I THINK YOU NEED TO LOOK AT WE OUR A BUNCH OF HASBEENS WHO ARE TRYING TO KEEP IN SHAPE AND GET A BIT OF SOCIAL TIME AWAY
FROM THE FAMILY. "LETS PLAY FITBA" [/B

] JORDY OUT

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huh?

Tough;does that mean because you are so fat and out of shape that you kick somebody when they run by you,or when you see the smallest guy on the team you pick on them id like to see the fireman punch,trip,body tackle Murray House !
And as for the Ref not a bad job but one thing I would like to point out loose the attitude and try to enjoy life instead of looking for confrontation's.:mad: :mad:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jordy,

I have always said our FVSL o30 league is second to none. Lots of fantastic football out there. PA has played, and I know you guys and SU have played as well, several exhibitions against various teams VMSL (D1) FVSL (Premier/D1). We always come out on top. We have suprised quite a few teams with our level of play. We also Welcome anybody for an exhibition...:cool:

As for the MOTW prediction, like I said before, SCFF our a very good team and fight from beginning to end. What they lack in skill they make up for in good old effort. I bet it was a great game to watch.

5btwillbebacklatertogooverPAlosethisweekendtoDELTA:(

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fixtures FVSL O30

Hello all, :rolleyes:

I am just posting here on the FVSL O30 thread for my own benefit as it seems the rest of the old Bastards have lost interest!

Anyway on with the show: :cool:

After last weeks absolutely shite effort against Delta Metro.
PA will try to get back on the winning track this weekend vs a feisty Sapperton team. If we don't beat these "old bastards" we have to listen to them sing crappy songs, as we try to enjoy the after game beverages. Full credit to Delta as they came to play. Delta deserved the win.

The MOTW will be Langley FC vs Olys. A local darby in Langley at Noel Booth 10am kickoff. Should be a good one if the Olys turn up with a team. If not Langley will win easily.

Here is the rest of the story in the FVSL O30

Langley FC v Golden Olys
Delta Metro United v GEU Old Haney
Sapperton Old Boys v Peace Arch United
Surrey FC Sundowners v Mission Celtics
Mt. Lehman Storm v Surrey City Firemen
IFC v Academico Alumni
Poco City FC v Surrey United

Good luck to all of you!!!!

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bigtoes, (Peace pipe united)

Peg/oly's of the nscl would be intersested in a friendly . It would be a good opportunity for the clubs to see how they fair against other o'30's teams around the lower mainland. If we could book a park somewhere in between let's try and make it happen.

pipes(peg/old boy forever)

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cheap tactics

:mad: well the players in this league never cease to amaze me.
You go out on a sunday to have a bit of fun and maybe a few wobbly pops.
You get chopped from behind , i dont know whats worse the tackle or listening to the guy explain to the ref that he didnt
mean to kick you in the back of the leg.
As for the twat that took me out at the knee and put me on the sidelines we have another match to play!.
As for the Ref if you think players enjoy listening to you explain that the guy that just did you didn't mean it ,try being in our shoes or do you even care.
Why should you care you got your 40 ,try and clean up the dirty
shite so we can get back to enjoying the game and leave the plumbers at home where they belong!:mad: :confused:
Highlander
their can only be one(hey maybe thats why that fcucker took me out):mad:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weekends results;

Langley FC 1 Golden Olys 5
Delta Metro United 4 GEU Old Haney 4
Sapperton Old Boys 0 Peace Arch United 2
Surrey FC Sundowners 2 Mission Celtics 2
Mt. Lehman Storm 2 Surrey City Firemen 4
IFC 2 Academico Alumni 3
Poco City FC 1 Surrey United 5

We have played absolutely shocking for the past three weeks. Finally in the second half of the game the old PA guys showed up. This is just in time to play Surrey Sundowners next weekend. Our goalie saved us several times in the first 45.

Pipes,

I will get ahold of you in the next couple of weeks to see if we can put together an exhibition. Should be fun!! :D

Highlander,

I'm sure the prick in question is #20. This guy is the FVSL over 30 number 1 wanted dead or alive list.

oldbutgold

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what happens?

This is my first post so be easy on me I am still a virgin poster.What a great idea having a forum where we can brag or whine or just take the piss. I have been reading all the posts that have been put on here and it seems that it is always the same people,to everyone else why not come on here and give us the low down on what happened in your game on the weekend, the more the merrier.
Well I will attempt to do my best and give it a go : the game was Oly's vs Langley which ended up a 5-1 oly's win. I don't know what is up with our team , when it is pissing rain we get 15 players and when it is dry we get any where from 9 -11 players. Not to say we would be any higher than where we are but we lose 4-3 to mission with 9 players, 2-1 to poco with 9 players , if you ask me that is 6 points pissed away. I know ,I know that still puts us middle table at best but I think we are better than the bottom half and it would be a shame to see us not in the top six, that brings up another question what happens for the second half does any one know ?
Well I couldn't end my first post without giving my opinion,
5 big toes your shite !!!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Update

I took a little time off from posting here but I've decided to be the lone voice of the WCOTL (not that anyone seems to care...). The last three fixtures for us went as follows:

Westside 2-5 Inter: first time they've ever beat us, but I was in goal in the first half and stunk the joint out to the tune of 4 goals.

Westside 4-0 BurnabyFF: they've really gone downhill, a couple of their players seemed to be itching to scrap.

Westside 3-3 SFU: we were down 3-0 yesterday at the half and came back to bag 3, their keeper was huge as we could have had 4 or 5 more.

The first 2 games were 9AM kickoffs on the turf, an Inter guy asked us not to drink in the changing room as they would lose the turf. We looked at each other and proceeded to break out the scotch and beer hoping to get a lifetime ban from there (they only had a couple of subs and when I asked about that they said all their guys were injured: they train and play on that stuff).

We're not playing very consistently and it has cost us big time. Hopefully we will be turning it around for the BC's (if we qualify) and the League Cup. With this weather holding out we could have a long stretch of inactivity before cup play.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game Summary

It's nice to see 5bt's keping this thread ticking even if it means an occassional bash from another fossil. ;)

Surrey United 5-1 Poco.

I know this is rather mundane, but the refereeing was sub-par. The fact of the matter is that poor refereeing DOES have an affect on the game. If Poco was one of the top teams and we had this type of refereeing, I can guarantee you that it would have been ugly in terms of physical play. We chose to vent our frustrations by finally waking up and putting the stupid ball in the net. Then it didn't matter so much if the referee was blind and inept. I guess the solution is for some of us to step up to the plate and become referees. Not me!

We have 35 goals for and 4 against and the goal Poco scored was quite something to see. Our goalie stood and watched as a 6'5" 290lb "chap" full volleyed the ball from about 25 yards out into the back of the net. I hated my goalie for 2 seconds after that and then I remembered what a nice fella he really is. He is kind, funny, generous, and always buys a round. How can you get mad at him? Sure he is quick to remind me of all my mishaps when I give him the evil leer, but it is all forgotten after we come to our senses. Poor souls that we are, we are subject to many leers when we make mistakes. You guys know what I mean. You give that sigh, perhaps a shake of the head, a few quiet words to yourself, a roll of the eyes, and then the leer. Then you remember the good qualities of the guy, and that he is going to fix your car next week, and you forgive. Ahh, the comraderie of a team.

I love you Angelo. :confused:

sillyrabbit

Aug 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greek God

BallBaby,

What is like being the biggest butcher on the field no matter what team you play??
Get ready for the Sundowners game, count it as your first loss!!

Later

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D It's good top see a handfull of Over 30 bastards posting! It's about time you clods.

Keep the banter rolling......

cheers 5BT

ps: oldbutgold you get one free one for your first post. ;)

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ARE YOU DRUNK

Ballbaby are you drunk...........
You seem very emotional?
5bigtoes yes it was #20, very doubtful for the weekend knee looks like a hematoma very ,very purple and the ankle not any better!:(
Jordy where are you,?
I think you should change your name to metrotown(ballast)?
sillyrabbit your spot on I have the marks on my foot to back up what you said........
Highlander (their can only be one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0