Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s because of the Christian Eriksen stuff. It brings it back to the media. Those incidents happen every week between amateur/semi/pro. There has been a big push to have the AEDs at every field house/park to help prevent these deaths. A lot more of the story’s have been picked up by the media. Of course Aguero had to retire as well.
The vast majority of the anti vax crowd are uneducated swine who get caught in the manipulation of data and conspiracy theories. Then of course you have the people who god looks out for and will keep them safe.

Honestly I’d like to see the correlation between regular weed smokers and conspiracy theories. I don’t mean like what you see in the movies type stoners. but man look at your friends and people you work with. How many people that get caught in this way of thinking smoke basically every day.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have an anti Vax guy at work saying soccer players are dropping dead with heart attacks because of vaccinations I have seen nothing about this. Have there been any deaths you guys have heard of?
There isn't a clear correlation but there has been many more cardiac related events this year than other years. I keep a subconscious record as I had a minor cardiac issue myself a decade ago.

There's also been an uptick of incidents of just ordinary fans having them in the stands. 3 times already in only the EPL.

Just a few recent ones..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-145036_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-145036_Samsung Internet.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20211125-145357_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-145357_Samsung Internet.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20211125-145322_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-145322_Facebook.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 2

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
in Europe they all have the astra Zeneca snake venom. So it makes sense. I will say for whatever reason I do feel hesitancy to get the shot for my son. Not getting the early bird dose. I’ll let this play out for a while.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There isn't a clear correlation but there has been many more cardiac related events this year than other years. I keep a subconscious record as I had a minor cardiac issue myself a decade ago.

There's also been an uptick of incidents of just ordinary fans having them in the stands. 3 times already in only the EPL.

Just a few recent ones..
I guess I'd say.. yeah? And?

COVID-19 is a respiratory illness, in many ways similar to pneumonia. If your body is immune compromised, you will get sick easier, and there is a correlation between pneumonia and increased cardiac stress. Not my words, did a quick google search and it popped up everywhere.

My comment is that....we always really knew this, so with COPVID-19 complications, why is it a surprise to anyone that there would be more cardiac related events? I mean, fcuk me, if you have ever had pneumonia (I have), you know for sure that in recovery you need to go easy and take your time ramping up training, otherwise you are over-taxing your cardiac system.

All comes down to this for me: be as healthy as you can be to build up natural immunity, and boost that with vaccinations proven to be safe and effective, statistically. No vaccine is 100%, it's impossible, and all will have side effects that range from near nothing to major, but most fall into the very low, minor side affect range. Take flu shot, feel run down for a day or two kinda thing. But, that flu shot will help you avoid something like pneumonia.

Mostly, I'm sick of stupid people.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys play soccer to keep fit.

Covid hits and leagues around the world shut down.

Guys have no outlet and drink lots of beer.

Covid restrictions get lifted after a year.

Guys go play soccer and expect it to be the same as before.

---

Fcuk I don't even play a doctor on TV and that shite is easy to figure out.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys play soccer to keep fit.

Covid hits and leagues around the world shut down.

Guys have no outlet and drink lots of beer.

Covid restrictions get lifted after a year.

Guys go play soccer and expect it to be the same as before.

---

Fcuk I don't even play a doctor on TV and that shite is easy to figure out.
Wait...you are saying that, if you get fat, it's tougher to exercise?

Are you sure you aren't an actual doc? You could definitely play one on TV.

Doctors GIF by One Chicago

(Note: tried to find one of Dr. Green ER, but came across this hot Brown Doc instead, and kept her.)

This is where I'm kinda all bent outta shape (the one thing, nothing else). What exactly do people expect? Literally every season, there is substantial risk of getting sick....cold, flu, pneumonia. Other fcuking viruses that come and go and attack you. Some people more susceptible to major side effects than others. By now, we know how truly deadly this virus is, and the statistical facts are, it just isn't, especially for those that are now vaccinated. The stats are in, no more guesswork, yet everyone is still looking for someone to blame for either their sickness, or their risk of being sick. We didn't do this in the past. Now? People are looking to blame anyone...their neighbors, friends, family, strangers, public policy, the Chinese, Americans (side-note: they should always be blamed for the world's problems)....Jesus H Christ, how about recognizing it's an airborne virus, it ain't going away anytime soon, so take your precautions and STFU. If someone refuses to, fine, they have that right and there are consequences.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Co worker definitely a pot smoker and apparently a flat earther but wanted to fact check soccer players dropping dead on fields everywhere. I don’t engage in any of the conversations about any of this nonsense but was wondering wether there was any merit to dead soccer players. I only passively follow Bayern because of Davies and Celtic because of family and as far as I can see none have died. I’ll take note of Regs doctor advise and will avoid any soccer fields.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy fcuk what a clusterfcuk happening now :mad:

9000 fans ok for Canucks but a 12 team kids tournament banned. Probably the worst thing I have seen is booster shots recommended and other jurisdictions saying 3 month wait ideal while our muppets in charge say nope... oh and booster shot clinics are closed for 2 weeks for the holidays.

Fcuk you and fcuk your kumbaya dog and pony show.

I'll continue to do my part but this government can go fcuk themselves.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My kids soccer tournament Monday that he was jacked for now cancelled. Canucks tickets Christmas gift we bought for our family with 5 other families full of his friends As a big surprise also hooped. I know small scale stuff but pisses me off. We’re all vaccinated, what 90% of the population here. What’s the deal. Is the vaccine not preventing major sickness from this one? Is that what they are seeing? I want to see these facts, lead with it. Stop crying I’m over her whimper. If that’s the case ok but otherwise wtf is going on.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where they lose me is that on same day the province announces these restrictions the federal government rescinds the Travel ban from Africa. You could argue the ban didn't work because here we are but the mixed messages leave a bad taste.

New years events cancelled and now clarified they can still go ahead but no mingling or Dancing. Lol. Sounds like a good time.

Bonnie please spare me the tears. It was a 3.5 minor eath quake. Come over to my place after I've put back A dozen beers and ate a pound of chicken wings. I'll rip one out that will at least measure a 5 on the old ricter scale:oops:

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
After media complaints that she do more, and Quebec banning fans at Canadians games and Ontario said 50% at Leafs, Sens and Raptors games, Bonnie had to follow suit.
And no, not all vaccine clinics are closed over the holidays. The BC run clinic in Burnaby will be open, I get my 3rd shot there on the 30th.
I prefer BC's booster strategy to that of Ontario and some other provinces. Do not want to see a healthy 40 year old get a booster before a healthy 70 year old.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently World Juniors still going ahead in Alberta with fans. How many people from different countries attend this?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0