Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@PV - Merry Christmas and happy to hear the good news.

I’m off to lick doorknobs and shake hands with hippies. Having had the bug once already I’m looking at the golden ticket to ultimate immunity.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, in a world gone mad, can someone explain to me how we must now restrict mass gatherings at Christmas, gyms (where people go to improve their health) are shut down, but the Canucks can still host 9,000 for a game?

What?

Is a game somehow now not a mass gathering?

Is this what Bizzaro World is really like?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bars are closed.

Pubs are open.

The communication gong show continues.

Wife is totally confused because headlines all point to all gatherings now banned... but small print says house gatherings still allowed up to 10 people who must all be double-vaxxed.

Honestly this year might be worse than last year for Xmas because we all had more time to adjust. This year, not so much.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year though a lot of neighbours would have been bamboozled into being snitches. This year? Honestly I don’t think I know anyone taking this seriously. The general sentiment is “Whatever”.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year though a lot of neighbours would have been bamboozled into being snitches. This year? Honestly I don’t think I know anyone taking this seriously. The general sentiment is “Whatever”.
I agree. This may be a test for their rules.
If everyone says fcuk it and things explode, then maybe they were right. If this stay the same then maybe we keep saying fcuk it?
Could be a dangerous result.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats how I feel Dude, whatever. People can exercise outside. Going to be tough in this cold snap. Surprised gyms aren’t back to appointment only, instead of straight closure.
In terms of stuff at my house, snitches get stitches as they say. I’ll continue having gatherings.
All really being asked is be a little responsible. 10 is a sample number. Don’t be an idiot but have your holiday dinner. Don’t need to pick at it, use common sense.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wife is totally confused because headlines all point to all gatherings now banned... but small print says house gatherings still allowed up to 10 people who must all be double-vaxxed.
We have 11. Cant wait to call my sister and sorry you didn't make the cut. Again.:D

Last edited:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a serious note, does anyone have a reason why they’ve chosen bars, nightclubs, and fitness centres to close and not theatres, sports venues etc?

Are they just going on past locations that were most responsible for the spread?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a serious note, does anyone have a reason why they’ve chosen bars, nightclubs, and fitness centres to close and not theatres, sports venues etc?

Are they just going on past locations that were most responsible for the spread?
it's all about where we speak moistly...

just kidding, i have no idea... although I'm glad I can sneak in and watch the Kingsman on Friday before I decamp for the U S and A...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NIghtclubs are an obvious one. People are drunk and mingling. A night club really doesn’t function any other way. Impossible for staff to control,
Gyms have seen lots of transmission, a lot assumed transmission. As in gyms the only place I really go maskless and close to others. Still surprised they didn’t go back to appt. limiting people.
Sporting venues and theatres are easy to socially distance people honestly. Limit capacity, gap between seats.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Makes sense, I guess it’s the spaced and stationary as opposed to the mingling and sharing.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calling BS on the sports venues. Hell, even Grey Cup (outside) was a super spreader in terms of transmission. You can’t really socially distance. Pubs, all packed to the gills up here, But whatever. Best to stop trying to run from a cold and let people catch and get natural immunity.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question for anyone that knows:

If you get covid say 2 months ago but didn't know (didn't get tested, didn't 'report' because thought just a regular cold), would you test positive if got tested now?

And if you wouldn't test positive, would they tell you that you've had it in the past?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question for anyone that knows:

If you get covid say 2 months ago but didn't know (didn't get tested, didn't 'report' because thought just a regular cold), would you test positive if got tested now?

And if you wouldn't test positive, would they tell you that you've had it in the past?
You can pay for an antibody test, but @Regs, just watch Bonnie's latest presser and follow the guidance. She says herself, if you have mild symptoms and are 2x vax, just monitor and be smart, self isolate, but no need to go for a test. It's a tricky balancing act. The reality is, it's cold and flu season, there are a bunch of respiratory illnesses and virus going around, so people will feel a bit ill. Slight sore throat, slight sniffles, etc.. The key is, be smart, and don't freak out.

So, I'm going skiing today. WITH SNIFFLES.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My question is about numbers being reported as they start to escalate. I'm trying to put some meaning to the numbers because it is not clear to me if a test would be positive if a person got covid in the past (more than a month ago).

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had staff that tested positive. The contact tracer told me that they do not need to re-test before coming back to work as they more than likely;y will still test positive. Up to 6 months.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had staff that tested positive. The contact tracer told me that they do not need to re-test before coming back to work as they more than likely;y will still test positive. Up to 6 months.
Thanks!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can pay for an antibody test, but @Regs, just watch Bonnie's latest presser and follow the guidance. She says herself, if you have mild symptoms and are 2x vax, just monitor and be smart, self isolate, but no need to go for a test. It's a tricky balancing act. The reality is, it's cold and flu season, there are a bunch of respiratory illnesses and virus going around, so people will feel a bit ill. Slight sore throat, slight sniffles, etc.. The key is, be smart, and don't freak out.

So, I'm going skiing today. WITH SNIFFLES.
This is me today, booked a test because of sore throat, sniffles and some sneezing.
Mostly it’s just so I can be with extended family with these symptoms but have some comfort knowing I’m tested and negative. We have too many health issues in family to risk someone getting it, not to mention people from out of town that need to go home and not have to quarantine before boarding a plane

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts