Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am pissed at stupid people who won't take a covid vaccine. Yesterday, our doctor told my wife she needs a MRI and a biopsy. Our hospitals are full of unvaccinated covid people so wife and I are planning to pay $2500 for a private biopsy and $1200 for a private MRI, rather than wait forever for tests to be done in a hospital.
Our case is minor compared to someone needing urgent treatment at a hospital and who can't get it because the beds are full of unvaccinated covid patients.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am pissed at stupid people who won't take a covid vaccine. Yesterday, our doctor told my wife she needs a MRI and a biopsy. Our hospitals are full of unvaccinated covid people so wife and I are planning to pay $2500 for a private biopsy and $1200 for a private MRI, rather than wait forever for tests to be done in a hospital.
Our case is minor compared to someone needing urgent treatment at a hospital and who can't get it because the beds are full of unvaccinated covid patients.
Utter nonsense.

We have >5M people in BC. As of Mid October there were 374 folks with Covid hospitalized... 153 (including a friend of mine) - Billions of dollars spent... 374 folks in Hospitals (Add 20% to that for a total of 450 or so) and people cannot get MRI's or Biopsy?

You think maybe the just shy of 4,000 former "hero" front line health care workers that are refusing or delaying getting the jab and losing their jobs over it has more to do with it? Yeah, That.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair point.

Mine is, pointing at a guy who just died and having a laugh is shitty. Further, this whole divisive society that COVID has enabled, can't stand it. I have a bunch of friends who are against the vax. While I may not be, I have a choice: can respect their rights and beliefs, or be a dick and play the high and mighty card, lose some friends.
I get it. For me seeing the way he pushed his agenda on others, which if done properly can be effective but he was down right disrespectful up until the day before he died. If you didn't agree you were worthless POS which led to name calling and shaming. Not my idea of a good soul.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should add... like Dude I take no joy in dancing on people's graves.

I am double vaxxed, don't worry too much about it... but respect other people's choices.

Sure there's an element of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" but that doesn't mean I'll be giggling about it.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, we’ve always been divided. That’s not something new. This has just brought it to the light and made it be a very vocal open thing. Religion/politics/race/class/general points of view has always divided us. Sure sometimes it’s hidden within the home but it’s always been lingering just under the surface.

PV my mom just went thru double mastectomy and skin cancer treatment. I have unvaccinated friends and I’m about freedom of choice. Still hang out and let them make their choice. But nestling under that is a little anger. I have to have it to coach your kids, nurses need it to treat you injuries. Surgery and treatments are backed up again. You want to keep using these services. I in fact know people using fake vaccines scans to get in restaurants etc. It does bother me a bit and then a breath and do what I think is best and not have hate towards others. These freedoms were fought for. Most of them are idiots in my opinion, not all. But it’s not worth your energy,
Honestly just makes things worse.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really?

A biospsy sounds serious.

Interestingly, in late March 2020, I had to get an MRI on my shoulder. Bad injury, needed the pictures to make sure the pre-hab was sufficient to move into reconstruction. If you remember, hospitals then were OVERWHELMED. MRI's, for my injury, were already tough to come by given it's not deemed essential, like a biopsy. Prior to COVID, normal wait for me was 3-4 months, but if I was willing to go down in the middle of the night, on short notice, I could likely get in inside 2-3 weeks. Given COVID, I put myself down for the possibility of a midnight run, and that's what happened. Got my pictures, I was under the knife by May, in Squamish. Near empty hospital as they had segregated the COVID patients. I felt like I had a private hospital, right in the height of Pandemic squeeze on hospitals for both beds and heightened administrative efforts. I'll remind you: my situation was deemed NON-ESSENTIAL, and I was ready to pay for it if needed.

So....something isn't adding up here. You think anti-vax people are really causing this delay to your wife's critical biopsy? Really? Because, from what I know and seen, something essential like your wife's procedure seems to me that an anti-vaxxer wouldn't stand in the way of that.

What are we missing?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, we’ve always been divided. That’s not something new. This has just brought it to the light and made it be a very vocal open thing. Religion/politics/race/class/general points of view has always divided us. Sure sometimes it’s hidden within the home but it’s always been lingering just under the surface.

PV my mom just went thru double mastectomy and skin cancer treatment. I have unvaccinated friends and I’m about freedom of choice. Still hang out and let them make their choice. But nestling under that is a little anger. I have to have it to coach your kids, nurses need it to treat you injuries. Surgery and treatments are backed up again. You want to keep using these services. I in fact know people using fake vaccines scans to get in restaurants etc. It does bother me a bit and then a breath and do what I think is best and not have hate towards others. These freedoms were fought for. Most of them are idiots in my opinion, not all. But it’s not worth your energy,
Honestly just makes things worse.

Really appreciate this perspective. Keep in mind, I just got back from a European trip, that included Sweden. Sweden, 100% no restrictions. All other countries, nearly full off. Like not a mask to be seen anywhere until you get to the airport. Hardly a vax pass asked for anywhere, only in Netherlands, where they are packed like sardines, and really only glancing at passes to show they are looking. Ours doesn't scan there, so...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really?

A biospsy sounds serious.

Interestingly, in late March 2020, I had to get an MRI on my shoulder. Bad injury, needed the pictures to make sure the pre-hab was sufficient to move into reconstruction. If you remember, hospitals then were OVERWHELMED. MRI's, for my injury, were already tough to come by given it's not deemed essential, like a biopsy. Prior to COVID, normal wait for me was 3-4 months, but if I was willing to go down in the middle of the night, on short notice, I could likely get in inside 2-3 weeks. Given COVID, I put myself down for the possibility of a midnight run, and that's what happened. Got my pictures, I was under the knife by May, in Squamish. Near empty hospital as they had segregated the COVID patients. I felt like I had a private hospital, right in the height of Pandemic squeeze on hospitals for both beds and heightened administrative efforts. I'll remind you: my situation was deemed NON-ESSENTIAL, and I was ready to pay for it if needed.

So....something isn't adding up here. You think anti-vax people are really causing this delay to your wife's critical biopsy? Really? Because, from what I know and seen, something essential like your wife's procedure seems to me that an anti-vaxxer wouldn't stand in the way of that.

What are we missing?

Depends on the procedure. An MRI just requires a technician who is trained to run the MRI machine. They are not someone who would in any way be involved in treating COVID patients.

Nurses on the other hand....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Depends on the procedure. An MRI just requires a technician who is trained to run the MRI machine. They are not someone who would in any way be involved in treating COVID patients.

Nurses on the other hand....
One example and my experience only, but again, something isn't sounding right here. Besides, we treat all sick, is @PV angry about the smokers requiring cancer treatments taking away resources from his wife? People who ignore UV warnings and cook themselves in the sun and now have skin cancer? All of our buddies who don't have an off-switch when they go to the bar and now have all sorts of health issues?

Come on.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
People who smoke and get lung cancer acted stupidly, just like drinkers and liver cirrohsis and tanners and skin cancers. But that is different because we fund our health care system to treat them year after year, and its different because people with cancers don't spread thebdisease and cause other people to get sick. Our health care system was not prepared for a pandemic with a mutated deadly delta virus. People needed to step up because this is different.
Wife and i are fortunate we can afford the private tests and we can shorten the wait time to 9 days for the tests. Our doctor could not even tell us how long the public mri and biopsy wait times would be.

Our health care system has been struggling with covid for 18 months. First it was issues over PPE, then it was overworked and stressed out staff, cancellations of elective surgeries, deaths in care homes etc, now its unvaccinated people getting sick and filling up ICU rooms, and losing some unvaccinated staff will make it worse.

Whats the future? Is it vaccines and boosters and the new expensive medicines which the pharaceutical companies have developed? Merck's viral medication will cost $700 usd for the treatment.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
People who smoke and get lung cancer acted stupidly, just like drinkers and liver cirrohsis and tanners and skin cancers. But that is different because we fund our health care system to treat them year after year, and its different because people with cancers don't spread thebdisease and cause other people to get sick. Our health care system was not prepared for a pandemic with a mutated deadly delta virus. People needed to step up because this is different.
Wife and i are fortunate we can afford the private tests and we can shorten the wait time to 9 days for the tests. Our doctor could not even tell us how long the public mri and biopsy wait times would be.

Our health care system has been struggling with covid for 18 months. First it was issues over PPE, then it was overworked and stressed out staff, cancellations of elective surgeries, deaths in care homes etc, now its unvaccinated people getting sick and filling up ICU rooms, and losing some unvaccinated staff will make it worse.

Whats the future? Is it vaccines and boosters and the new expensive medicines which the pharaceutical companies have developed? Merck's viral medication will cost $700 usd for the treatment.
Buddy, we fund our health care system to care for the sick and ill. We don't discriminate, no matter how "stupid" people are, in your opinion.

OK, Cancer doesn't spread. How about Aids?

Statistically, this virus is hardly deadly. Telling me people walking around w/ Pneumonia now should be refused care in a hospital? Old people with a flu, if they have shown to not have the flu vaccine?

No health care system is fully prepared for a pandemic, and when you have a system that was already bursting at the seems with nursing shortages, guess what? You will be overwhelmed, and that isn't the fault of the unvaccinated. So, you have health care professionals refusing to put this vax into their arms. All crazy? All stupid? Or maybe, they are more analytical on this topic than you and I. I'll fully admit, I saw vax passes coming from day 1. I have confidence in my own health to absorb a vaccine. I wanted to travel internationally as quickly as was feasible (and did). Now you are on about these folks in Medicare having to leave their jobs due to not getting vaccinated....well it's their choice, no?

You are sort of just shouting at the wind at this point, blaming one particular group for something (a virus) NOBODY has control over.

The future....who knows. All I know we've jumped the shark on a lot of issues, and I'm still questioning how your story here, it's not adding up, not even in a pandemic. If you are essential, then idiots like we who wreck themselves on their bikes get bumped. I'm not the only idiot, I live in a town full of them, and lots of surgeries going through this year.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's also point out that the most unvaccinated covid cases now conveniently are kids from 5 to 11??
Like the little snot rags couldn't get coved before but now all of sudden can? Come on. Didn't know viruses were age-specific.

Cbs Love GIF by LoveIslandUSA

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone please explain to me why BC residents are getting fcuked in the ass when it comes to pre-travel screening?

AB/ON Shoppers Drug Mart offers $40 rapid antigen testing. Not in BC.
Lifelabs offers it for $60 in other provinces. Not available in BC.

All the labs offering the same testing in BC charge $100+
What the actual fcuk?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone please explain to me why BC residents are getting fcuked in the ass when it comes to pre-travel screening?

AB/ON Shoppers Drug Mart offers $40 rapid antigen testing. Not in BC.
Lifelabs offers it for $60 in other provinces. Not available in BC.

All the labs offering the same testing in BC charge $100+
What the actual fcuk?
There is a website my wife found, very useful for travel. Explains what you must have prior to travelling to them. I found that all of the countries I recently went to didn't require a test IF you had double vax already, so in flying to Greece (via Toronto), I actually didn't need to have a test in hand. In fact, the only country that required it even though I was double vaxxed was re-entry to Canada.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a website my wife found, very useful for travel. Explains what you must have prior to travelling to them. I found that all of the countries I recently went to didn't require a test IF you had double vax already, so in flying to Greece (via Toronto), I actually didn't need to have a test in hand. In fact, the only country that required it even though I was double vaxxed was re-entry to Canada.

Which makes only too much sense don't it??
Isn't that what the double vaxx is for?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which makes only too much sense don't it??
Isn't that what the double vaxx is for?
That's what we were told.

My buddy just recently got back from Europe. His family was "Randomly" selected for a rapid test once they went through Customs in Canada. So, Double Vaxxed, Negative PCR test inside 72 hours of leaving Europe, then a test on landing. Apparently went ape shite. Can you imagine? Being away for three weeks, travelling around several countries with no hassle, hardly even asked to wear a mask, living a fairly normal life with the exception of showing your vax pass here and there, then getting a negative test to come home, long flight, tired, and our own government randomly pulls you aside for yet another intrusive test? After doing everything asked? It's overkill.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks for not answering my question about test costs in BC vs other provinces

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for not answering my question about test costs in BC vs other provinces
You are always welcome.

I assume you are travelling, yes? My point is you may not need one. I'll post the website once the missus sends to me.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0