Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a dictionary of words now that when I hear a wokie utter them, I immediately stop listening to what they have to say. Privilege, systemic, violence, microaggression, intersectional, they in the singular, assume, cis, non-binary, it goes on. The far left is hijacking language in order to facilitate the normalization of deviant (in the atypical sense not the "you're a freak" sense, to be clear) behaviour while de-normalizing mainstream behaviour as an added bonus. The more dog-whistle words you recognize, the easier it is to identify these clowns and tune them out...

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a dictionary of words now that when I hear a wokie utter them, I immediately stop listening to what they have to say. Privilege, systemic, violence, microaggression, intersectional, they in the singular, assume, cis, non-binary, it goes on. The far left is hijacking language in order to facilitate the normalization of deviant (in the atypical sense not the "you're a freak" sense, to be clear) behaviour while de-normalizing mainstream behaviour as an added bonus. The more dog-whistle words you recognize, the easier it is to identify these clowns and tune them out...

Totally fackin agree

Jack Black Reaction GIF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty sickened by what I saw yesterday. I respect people’s right to protest and even agree on some of the objections, but doing it in a way that impedes first responders and hospital staff from doing their jobs is full stop unacceptable. It makes it very hard to be empathetic to any part of the “right” side of the debate.

I just don’t get the justification on targeting hospitals and those accessways.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty sickened by what I saw yesterday. I respect people’s right to protest and even agree on some of the objections, but doing it in a way that impedes first responders and hospital staff from doing their jobs is full stop unacceptable. It makes it very hard to be empathetic to any part of the “right” side of the debate.

I just don’t get the justification on targeting hospitals and those accessways.
This is the hill they want to fight and maybe die on; they claim the government is going to round them up and inject them with microchips.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disgraceful. Go fack up the art gallery lawn like normal crazy people.

I feel so bad for the kids who are going to have to deal with that shite at local restaurants too. Some guy in Powell River already pissed on the counter at Dairy Queen over a mask request, just wait until he has to show a 'poof of vaxx' card or read another one of Dudes posts.

This is going to be an absolute cluster facked disaster.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The world is full of internet crazies of course but I was actually gob-smacked at the size of the protest crowd that would partake in this. Pretty sure I saw families with their kids involved marching around and blocking access.

Not good.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's mob mentality. It'd be way easier if we could just send the guy in PR down to the FVSL Offices and piss on @knvb, at least he's used to it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disgraceful. Go fack up the art gallery lawn like normal crazy people.

I feel so bad for the kids who are going to have to deal with that shite at local restaurants too. Some guy in Powell River already pissed on the counter at Dairy Queen over a mask request, just wait until he has to show a 'poof of vaxx' card or read another one of Dudes posts.

This is going to be an absolute cluster facked disaster.

Now that I got the low hanging fruit out of the way....

This is a big issue w/ me. Weather you agree with the requirement of a vax passport for entry into all the listed areas or not, the disturbing thing is the Province has not allowed for any means of helping these places manage the actual duties of checking for a passport.

What do you do if you are a restaurant?

Right now, it's near impossible to staff-up as it is, so naturally, it will fall to somebody to do the deed. About the only fair resolution I can think of is that the Province(s) pay for that position- and they will have to overcompensate. It will be the #1 shittiest job in the joint, 100%. What's a fair wage to do a job nobody is trained to do, nobody wants to do, even if they wanted to work?

What do security guards pull in? That's likely the proper description here, no?

I think hoisting this burden on the establishments is unfair, and frankly, unsafe...unless you consider potentially getting pissed on or assaulted in other ways to be safe. My daughter is at orientation today, and I've instructed her to ask this question. I doubt they'll have an answer...how could they?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a very impactful piece...and I feel I have to choose my words carefully. Don't know why.

I have a pretty high level of trust in our medical professionals and their Oath. So, when the Doctor states, (paraphrasing), "This could have all been avoided with a 30 second shot", he's implying that the vax is near 100% effective, and / or, the effects are greatly diminished if you contract the virus and already have the vax, no?

Friend of mine and her newborn (friend is vaxxed) recently caught COVID, and they went through a couple of days of nasty flu symptoms, and are now on the road to recovery with what she describes as typical cold symptoms. She's American, resides in Minneapolis, and as much as we think it's a hot button issue here, it is still bananas down there in terms of segregated opinions. She's on a social media rampage right now against the unvaxxed, basically blames them for her and her newborn having to go through this. Right or wrong, what I wished occurred was good sense in decision making about ones health. I'm a believer in science and vaccines, get my flu shot every year, have a lot of different vaccines over the years for travel. So, getting this vax was an easy choice for me.

And...we can't "Not" treat un-vaxxed COVID patients, or prioritize the vaxxed ahead of unvaxxed as seems to be the growing sentiment. That's not what our medical system is all about. Are we all of a sudden supposed to stop treating smokers for their cancer treatments, or stop providing dialysis for alcoholics?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those of you who went and got tested for whatever reason, how long did you have to wait for results to come back?

Asking for a friend :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friend is just good old fashioned sick?
Going through my house right now. Daughter brought it home from school. Gave it to wife. Now youngest is a factory of snot and my shirt is her tissue. Doubt we will hear much about any school out breaks at the elementary level. Its pretty much back to normal pre covid where she goes.

Does bring up a point about what exactly is the standard in the work place for the common cold and worksafe policy with the reimbursed sick day policy. Guess I should read up on that. Tis the season!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0