Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@akslop they should get results in 24-48hrs, so not such a big deal to isolate in that time
WRONG.

Now, if those people are identified as having close contact with a COVID positive, they too will need to isolate for 2 weeks. Even if they have ZERO symptoms.

You don't know @akslop 's business. It sounds to me to be very "in-person" people reliant, possibly landscaping, I'm taking a stab. I have a service department; if they are told to isolate due to close contact for two weeks, my service department is fcuked. Thankfully, there was nothing deemed by the Public Health Nurse to be considered close contact, so we're OK. That being said, per previous, we are way over cautious, there is no opportunity for close contacts in our offices, but my guys are on the road, working in plants.

So, two weeks of having to shut down your small business, even though everyone is healthy? That's not right, and it's a case of the cure being worse than the sickness.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey @akslop, I'm assuming as a business owner employing someone who tested positive with COVID that you were contacted by a public health nurse. Did they deem any of your other employees to be close contacts to the one that tested positive?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey @akslop, I'm assuming as a business owner employing someone who tested positive with COVID that you were contacted by a public health nurse. Did they deem any of your other employees to be close contacts to the one that tested positive?

No . No one contacted me. They left that up to My employee who sent me a copy of the text from fraser health /BCCDC TO confirm her positive result. I do manufacturing and have pretty strict policy in place. She runs a machine about 30 feet away from anyone so unless one of my other staff didn't follow protocol the chance for what they define as an exposure is very low. I told my staff to not get tested unless they showed symptoms which is how I understand it in the guidlines. If they all went and tested they would be forced to isolate until tests came back. I talked to my staff memeber today. She is fine but her grand parents not so much. Grandfather was going to the hospital. I asked her to find out from fraser health if it was a variant but they won't disclose that info to her. I found that odd along with the message that says "If you are a health care worker you must notify your employer" Wtf is that?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They don’t disclose the variant anymore. They assume all are a variant, from what I was told by mine.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No . No one contacted me. They left that up to My employee who sent me a copy of the text from fraser health /BCCDC TO confirm her positive result. I do manufacturing and have pretty strict policy in place. She runs a machine about 30 feet away from anyone so unless one of my other staff didn't follow protocol the chance for what they define as an exposure is very low. I told my staff to not get tested unless they showed symptoms which is how I understand it in the guidlines. If they all went and tested they would be forced to isolate until tests came back. I talked to my staff memeber today. She is fine but her grand parents not so much. Grandfather was going to the hospital. I asked her to find out from fraser health if it was a variant but they won't disclose that info to her. I found that odd along with the message that says "If you are a health care worker you must notify your employer" Wtf is that?

I'm going to give public health the benefit of doubt here, and assume that they are still doing contact tracing. If your employee explained the protocols your business has in place and that she works 30ft away from everyone else, they probably deemed 0 close contacts, and that's why there was no follow up with you.

So again, if some of your staff were really worried and wanted to get tested for their own piece of mind, they could do it but would be told to isolate until they get the result, which I believe is in that 24-48hr window.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our experience with Public Health was very good. Confusing but good. Caring people doing their job.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going to give public health the benefit of doubt here, and assume that they are still doing contact tracing. If your employee explained the protocols your business has in place and that she works 30ft away from everyone else, they probably deemed 0 close contacts, and that's why there was no follow up with you.

So again, if some of your staff were really worried and wanted to get tested for their own piece of mind, they could do it but would be told to isolate until they get the result, which I believe is in that 24-48hr window.

So, calmer and clearer headed Dude answering here, and not arguing, BUT (and there is a huge BUT)….

The contact tracing is up to the Public Health Officer's discretion.

It's a very, very slippery slope, especially for a manufacturer.

One example: what is the lunchroom situation like? What we are hearing from both clients and thought leaders in this space (Speaking on Stanford, Milana Trounce has been joining our weekly one hour discussions on industry trends, talk about feeling like you wasted too much of your life drinking beer and knocking heads with Neanderthals like us, this lady is a serious overachiever https://profiles.stanford.edu/milana-boukhman ) that in plants, offices, medical facilities, you name it, the most common spot for transmission is a lunchroom. This is where folks may sit too close, may be in too confined a space, poor ventilation, and letting their guard down while eating, mask-less, of course. This is the most forgotten area of all buildings. If the PHO is attuned to this, they then start asking questions about the lunchroom situation, and from there, you can easily go from one person out, to several if they even had lunch in the same room w/ that person in the last two weeks.

Us? We do have a lunch area, we have not used it since moving into the new building. Previous, lunches at desks alone. Now, we were allowing lunch in the boardroom, spaced out, as it is highly ventilated w/ pure air. We've gone back to either alone in office, or outside. We bought a bunch of picnic tables and a tent.

For any employer, getting that call that "___tested positive" is scary. I've received calls in the last year from contractors I've worked closely with, very sheepish, saying one of their guys has gone for a test, and he was notifying me because we were in close contact. This was before masks were required all the time indoors. The ramifications spin out of control. Our policy is this: go home, or don't come to work. (And yes, we do have several working from home, and on rotation). There is one HR point of contact, should you feel like you have symptoms. Call the 811 line and go through your symptoms, and follow advisement. We make it clear to the employee, we keep all information confidential unless there is a medical need to advise others. Make it 100% clear their privacy is paramount, and with that, they tend to keep info private. We haven't had one "spreading the news" incident, or looking for sympathy. I think we've had 4 or 5 scares, and I was the first actual +.

After all this, we feel we have set up our office and policies to be indisputable should we get a surprise WCBC visit, or an + / exposure whereby the company comes under scrutiny of PH. We did, and we passed, but what if we'd gotten somebody very grumpy that day, and decided we were going to be made an example of?

I have both customers and supplier / manufacturing partners that have seen their plants shut down for week-10 day periods due to just one exposure. Some in particular I know are vigilant, as I've been through. Testing on the way in, masks everywhere, barriers, etc..

Materials right now are at unprecedented high price points, and high lead-times. Can't get raw steel, and it's trickled into aluminum and stainless, as steel manufacturers now grab available sheet of alternate materials to make up supply shortage. With that, massive re-engineering costs, and outsource manufacturing, as typically most steel manufactures do not work w/ raw aluminum. Mixing both dusts can cause a self-combustion event that can be disastrous, so most facilities either do only steel, or only Aluminum / Stainless Steel. Not both.

Trickle that down to mining, where they can't dig up the ore fast enough for the same reasons, ask @johnnybluenose about that. Entire magnesites having to go on unplanned shut-downs.

From an employer perspective, the COVID-19 phone call is frightening as fcuk, and the knock on effect right now is being seen everywhere. Honestly, we need to get back to normal as fast as possible, as the inflation wolf is on our doorstep.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes I know all this but it can also open up a can of worms for the business from an operating and functionality stand point should they all go for tests and self isolate for upto 48 hrs. Technically you cannot get tested for piece of mind. When you go online to register for a test it asks you what your symptoms are. If your honest and have none you cannot proceed to booking. If no symptoms , One would need to lie in order to book a test. If I have 10 people lie and book tests for piece of mind then I'm sure I show up on public health radar at that point. I would consider that an unnecessary waste of resources. Either way you look at it its flawed. One of the listed symptoms is "fatigue" at this point who isn't tired of all this crap

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I know all this but it can also open up a can of worms for the business from an operating and functionality stand point should they all go for tests and self isolate for upto 48 hrs. Technically you cannot get tested for piece of mind. When you go online to register for a test it asks you what your symptoms are. If your honest and have none you cannot proceed to booking. If no symptoms , One would need to lie in order to book a test. If I have 10 people lie and book tests for piece of mind then I'm sure I show up on public health radar at that point. I would consider that an unnecessary waste of resources. Either way you look at it its flawed. One of the listed symptoms is "fatigue" at this point who isn't tired of all this crap
LOL! My wife's ONLY sympthom leading up was fatigue! She thought it was because of her monthly visitor! Imagine the shock, "Oh, it's not my period, I've caught the VID!"

At that point, I may as well had brought the clap into the house.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah it sort of makes you feel shite for a few days. Today is the first day I feel normal. Got my jab Sunday. Hell, vax was worse than actual Vid.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My buddy got the Pfizer and said he didn't even know he got jabbed.

I've had three friends get AZ and two said they were fine, one guy said he felt awful.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest issue is the Nanobots are still new at this stage, and your body isn't used to them yet, so you can sort of feel them working their way in from the inside. Eventually, your body gets used to the bots, and ultimately, "head office" should be able to activate their tracking sensors through your mobile Facebook ap.

I still refuse to use emojis.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding is 1 billion people will be terminated when they detonate the microchip from the lucky customers. Pfizer, Moderna, astra Zeneca too, there may be a little bomb implanted in you.

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding is 1 billion people will be terminated when they detonate the microchip from the lucky customers. Pfizer, Moderna, astra Zeneca too, there may be a little bomb implanted in you.
My hope, however futile it is, will be they don't hit the kill switch until the 'Nucks bring home Stanley. Or at a minimum, take out bruins fans first, and work their way West.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just finished getting the AZ shot.

Already feel tired, half day off? Sure, can't be too careful :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How were you today?

Hope you have better experience then I did...

Cant wait till number 2 smh
So last night major body ache and felt on fire. Woke up every hour through the night.

Wife major headache and chills.

Today I have dull headache and body is tired.

Wife still in bed.

Hope it gets better soon :(

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0