Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Numb from the Covid

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In anticipation of another summer full of lock downs and restrictions I find myself making more and more impulse purchases.

I had gone out early yesterday with a plan to build a new fence at the homestead. Knowing lumber prices are at all time highs, I thought I was prepared however at 180 bucks per 5 x 7 panel it was time for plan B.

Instead of laboring away my Saturday, I found myself buzzed before noon having impure thoughts about the 900 dollar beauty I brought home.

View attachment 30572
Nice! I'm going to attempt a brisket on mine this summer. Maybe a couple.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Expect bonny to allow astrazeneca and j&j for people 40 and over, now that ontario has reduced the age limit to 40. Not sure how many people will take them rather than waiting a couple months for pfizer and moderna.
As reported in the media, firefighters, police, teachers and transit employees and everyone in whistler are getting vaccinated regardless of age. Amazon employees in fraser health are also getting vaccinated now.
Within 30 minutes of the announcement, I got an email to book appointment :)

Getting the jab a week today.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So this is fun. Quietly published on a tertiary government institution website (subsidiary of the Federal Government's research wing in medicine...), full study by Stanford.

and I quote:
As of October 1, 2020, worldwide 34,166,633 cases were reported and 1,018,876 have died with virus diagnosis. Interestingly, 99% of the detected cases with SARS-CoV-2 are asymptomatic or have mild condition, which contradicts with the virus name (severe acute respiratory syndrome-coronavirus-2) [4]. Although infection fatality rate (number of death cases divided by number of reported cases) initially seems quite high 0.029 (2.9%) [4], this overestimation related to limited number of COVID-19 tests performed which biases towards higher rates. Given the fact that asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times higher than the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate is considerably less than 1% [5]. This was confirmed by the head of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases from US stating, “the overall clinical consequences of COVID-19 are similar to those of severe seasonal influenza” [5], having a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1% [5], [6], [7], [8]. In addition, data from hospitalized patients with COVID-19 and general public indicate that the majority of deaths were among older and chronically ill individuals, supporting the possibility that the virus may exacerbates existing conditions but rarely causes death by itself

In conclusion:

Conclusion​

The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death. Governments, policy makers and health organizations should utilize proper and scientific evidence-based approach with respect to wearing facemasks, when the latter is considered as preventive intervention for public health.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@johnnybluenose please stop.

This is not a scientific study. This a hypothesis. It says so right on the title "Facemasks in the COVID-19 era: A health hypothesis"

If you follow the link on the page you posted to the original publication:
Published online 2020 Nov 22. doi: 10.1016/j.mehy.2020.110411

You will arrive at the Medical Hypotheses journal site which states that:

Medical Hypotheses is a forum for ideas in medicine and related biomedical sciences. It will publish interesting and important theoretical papers that foster the diversity and debate upon which the scientific process thrives. The Aims and Scope of Medical Hypotheses are no different now from what was proposed by the founder of the journal, the late Dr David Horrobin. In his introduction to the first issue of the Journal, he asks 'what sorts of papers will be published in Medical Hypotheses? and goes on to answer 'Medical Hypotheses will publish papers which describe theories, ideas which have a great deal of observational support and some hypotheses where experimental support is yet fragmentary'. (Horrobin DF, 1975 Ideas in Biomedical Science: Reasons for the foundation of Medical Hypotheses. Medical Hypotheses Volume 1, Issue 1, January-February 1975, Pages 1-2.). Medical Hypotheses was therefore launched, and still exists today, to give novel, radical new ideas and speculations in medicine open-minded consideration, opening the field to radical hypotheses which would be rejected by most conventional journals. Papers in Medical Hypotheses take a standard scientific form in terms of style, structure and referencing. The journal therefore constitutes a bridge between cutting-edge theory and the mainstream of medical and scientific communication, which ideas must eventually enter if they are to be critiqued and tested against observations.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, why stop? Questions aren't allowed any more?

Clearly he said it was a STUDY, and study's produce hypotheses.

The question asked is fair. What it doesn't seem to address is the ease transmissibility. It clearly addresses the effect, and the real health danger...which nobody can dispute, it simply isn't as deadly as first reported a year ago. Yes, by and large most people whom have had COVID are a-symptomatic or mild symptoms. For most people, mild symptoms mean no effect on their life. If you a professional hockey player, you may find yourself having to rebuild your lung capacity over the offseason. You may not be able to maintain the red-line for as long as before, but again, that can be retrained.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not just asking questions. It's providing a conclusion. Without facts.

Case study: is Dude a hermaphrodite?
Conclusion: Yes, it is suggested that Dude has male and female genitalia and fcuks himself regularly.

See the danger in this?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the danger in someone trying to stamp down another's discussion topic, and if you read into it, the facts are stated, and relevant. People aren't fcuking dying from this at any rate higher than a flu. In fact, these are the questions we've all been asking.

Also, go fcuk yourself.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You obviously didn't "read into it" because what was posted by JBN is not focused on the effects of COVID-19, but rather the efficacy of wearing facemasks as preventive intervention.

It is literally anti-mask literature.

And JBN presented it as science that is "Quietly published on a tertiary government institution website (subsidiary of the Federal Government's research wing in medicine...)" as if there's some kind of conspiracy to bury this valuable information.

In reality that site is a repository of over 32 million citations for biomedical literature. The standards to be included are not particularly high. For instance, they do not require a study to be peer reviewed which is the fundamental pillar of accepted science.

Last edited:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and immunized.

@dezza - my post was to do with you, and this in particular: "@johnnybluenose please stop"

Anyone who has any slightest opinion that doesn't align with the "left" agenda these days is being told to "please stop". Stop asking legitimate questions. Stop going against the grain. So, fcuk off.

The death rate of this virus has fallen WAY, WAY, WAY short of the original estimates in March 2020. It's not even close. The symptoms are more akin to a flu, and not even a bad one for most. Yet, anyone asking questions are told to "stop", and get on board this ridiculous notion that we should all be wearing masks now for ll activities, even though there is no conclusive evidence to show they have any effect in certain situations, like outside.

You know my answer these days to the person asking, "How many people have to die for you to understand?" Well, "More, please, show me the high death rate". Like @LION has said, people aren't allowed to die anymore.

Oh, except suicides and OD's. Perfectly fine alternatives that can be directly linked to the depression of COVID-19 isolation and job loss.

Have I told you to fcuk off yet? Can you?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and immunized.
Hmmm, note to self - potential side effect of Vaxx shot includes panties in a bunch over the littlest things.

Nervous Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, note to self - potential side effect of Vaxx shot includes panties in a bunch over the littlest things.

Nervous Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Right, this coming from the guy who started a thread titled "Numb from the COVID".

If anyone can show me compelling evidence this is actually worse than a flu, I'd love to see it. Dying to see it.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m generally shocked at the articles people post, stats they present. This is one of the first thing they teach in college/university. Critical thinking/peer reviewed sources, what is legitimate factual information. This is what’s so dangerous, you can type in just about anything and find unlimited info to back up your narrative.
I see the danger in someone trying to stamp down another's discussion topic, and if you read into it, the facts are stated, and relevant. People aren't fcuking dying from this at any rate higher than a flu. In fact, these are the questions we've all been asking.

Also, go fcuk yourself.
whens the last time 3 million people died of the flu? Do you remember a flu wiping out old age homes?’entire ones? Come on now? Field hospitals.
Yah not as bad as first thought and say what you want about how deaths are laballed. 3 million people dying isn’t the flu, just isn’t and that’s reality. We haven’t even begun to discuss the people dealing with these other long term effects or the outcome.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I scared? No. I have plenty of time for the outside arguments. I in fact agree on 95% of them. They’ve chosen blanket restrictions. All sports “fair”. I hate it. But that’s the decision they’ve made.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right, this coming from the guy who started a thread titled "Numb from the COVID".

If anyone can show me compelling evidence this is actually worse than a flu, I'd love to see it. Dying to see it.
Holy fcuk you are being a dick today.

Grab a sense of humour inbetween your latte breaks playing on the mountain :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No. I appreciate Dude's response.

I am fully aware of what I posted Dezza. The article is anti-mask literature. There are as many pro-mask studies as anti-mask studies... but the upshot is the hypothesis stated facts that COVID isn't what everyone was told by "the experts" that is was going to be.

So if people feel like they are safe by adorning neck gaiters or some shitey piece of "cute" fabric their daughter sewed up for them, so they can go to Costco and buy fake food, cheese string by the furlong and gallons of HFCS Soda, and then judge me for having healthy mates over for beers at my house... they too can go fcuk themselves along with you because I'm not falling sucker for this garbage agenda.
Have the "authorities" got it in their minds that nobody is allowed to die anymore? On average 105 people a day die in BC, off all natural and unnatural causes.

The way Bonnie made a meal over that "Multiple underlying health conditions 2 year old, but the toddler indeed died from Covid" was frightening. If that were my kid I'd be seeking legal counsel over how to sue the Fluevog's off her feet.

Onto bulljive: I see your questions regarding LTC and Field Hospitals being wiped out... also these are people with one or many underlying health conditions, you know - like sometimes elderly people perish and becuase they don't do an autopsy on everyone, it's called "Natural Causes".... is that even a thing anymore? Also how many instances of the flu was there this year? The other obviously less harsh Coronaviruses? Zero? Fcuk off.

You know why people seek information? Because the thieves "in Charge" don't provide the granular information, because it wouldn't suit their purposes. Because when the public is told that (as of March 20th) of the 1489 people that "died with Covid" in BC only 11 were 20-39, 63 were 40-59, and 119 were 60-69, 288 were 70-79 and 957 (NINE HUNDRED & FIFTY SEVEN) were 80 and older. 0 deaths under 19 till this weekend.

Like Dude said, you can all fcuk off. I'm busy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m generally shocked at the articles people post, stats they present. This is one of the first thing they teach in college/university. Critical thinking/peer reviewed sources, what is legitimate factual information. This is what’s so dangerous, you can type in just about anything and find unlimited info to back up your narrative.

whens the last time 3 million people died of the flu? Do you remember a flu wiping out old age homes?’entire ones? Come on now? Field hospitals.
Yah not as bad as first thought and say what you want about how deaths are laballed. 3 million people dying isn’t the flu, just isn’t and that’s reality. We haven’t even begun to discuss the people dealing with these other long term effects or the outcome.
3M / 7B? That's a big number to you? I guess....

You realize a year ago "experts" were predicting a 3% casualty rate of all who contracted it, and were saying by the end, 25% of the world population will contract the virus? I 100% believe 25% of us will or have, but 3%? That'd be 200M deaths.

How many cancer and other critically ill patients are being labelled COVID deaths? We never said they died of the flu before, it was complications with Cancer. So what happens when we find out that, well, really, only 500,000 died after deaths are properly categorized? Guess what? It's TYPICAL FCUKING FLU!

Sorry not sorry, @dezza, because these days and "Anti Mask" study is about as relevant as a "Pro Mask" study, the only difference? Muppets like you like to demonize anyone asking legitimate questions.

I'm the dick, @Regs?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0