Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches Soccer League 2002/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaft

I will admit that if I could have scored a few more I wouldn't be complaining, but I try not to make excuses. I'm sure that every team that loses can pin point the areas where they fcuked up, but that life, isn't it?

We could not stop Norvan enough to make it close. The score was actually 6-3, not that it really matters though. This weekend we should pick up 3 points, however stranger things have happened.

S

Shaft

No worries

Tee,

No problem. You bagged one on an end to end rush a couple of weeks back ( ala Booby Ore) against my squad, even in the 3-2 loss. You'll score a bushel this year no doubt, but go easy on the lesser squads. Maybe stay home with the wee lad on those Sundays. Then again, maybe not.

Was hoping you'd soften up Norvan a bit for us this weekend. Alas, that failed to occur. We'll surely give 'em a go as usual. But then, strange things can indeed happen as you say. We'll see.

Good luck getting your 3 pts this week

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers for the invite

A new force is growing in the darkest reaches of the Fraser Valley.
All Blacks?
No we don't play the hooligans game, but a nice brand of futba. Lookin' for "Roadtrip" on grass under lights in NV. Bevys in any of the locals after would make for a great night out.
cheers

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 5 results

coveside 3-0 Freybe
malones 4-1 nodicks
pegasus 1-1 norvan
c.a.s. 0-6 rangers
lupo 2-4 seymour
l. valley 3-2 rams
blueridge1-1 meralomas

norvan scored early to take the lead then the game was fairly even throughout. Not a ton of chances both ways. Peg did tie it up later in the game. Both teams worked hard and a tie was a fair result. Would like to hear the game reports for the coveside game as well as malone's. Great result for both teams. lomas result comes as a bit of a surprise.

Pipes
peg old/boy forever

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas/Blueridge...

...another mixed performance from the Orange clad boys. Having beaten an under strength Coveside in the cup on Thurs night a win was on the cards for sunday morning. Not to be as Blueridge stuck with it all the way and deserved a point.

All Lomas for 45mins. I played in goal for the first half and barely got a touch. Lomas goal was well taken from a corner with the Blueboys keeper letting it in under his body. We had several good chances to finish it off but failed to hit the mark. In the 2nd frame the Blueboys came on strong although created little. The goal came with the Lomas defense caught square and the striker beat Big Rob on a one on one.

1-1 the final. A fair result. A point gained for Blueridge and 2 lost for the Lomas who need to start troubling the win colomn...

S

Shaft

From the Freybe perspective a dull day. Of the 3 goals scored we got all but the three. CS up one on a header 10 in and half ended that way, with both sides generating few chances on goal. An off-side goal for Freybe 8 minutes into 2nd stanza would have helped (if it had counted that is).

Game back and forth and still 1-nil with 20 left. Freybe backs push up looking to equalize, but that move resulted in 4 CS breaks, 2 of which resulted in tallies. Give the CS boys credit for hard work throughout. Even a man of at least 275 lbs managed to tally. Ouch!

Vikes greatly missed their 2 starting centre mid-fielders which would have been welcome this day, but overall didn't work hard enough (or smart enough) or create the chances for a result. CS continue their run, Vikes thinking two coolers of beer and a group hug might help.

We greatly look forward to our next go with these boys, as we're sure they do.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sour milk?

Even all the way over here in Ireland, sounds to me like some whinning from Freybe. Coveside have beaten Norvan, Malones, Meralomas and now Freybe. Can't wait to get back to see everyone, and get all the details!

S

Shaft

Whining? How's that bud? Sounds like you havn't won much in this league...Oh, forgot...you havn't....That's ok, it's good your so excited.

Hey, Freybe lost 3- nil and CS deserved the win. They look to have a strong side. Don't make suddenly winning look bad on you....even if you havn't played a minute yet this season. Enjoy your day.

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nordic needs a keeper who isnt going to drink water with his back to play when a guy is on a breakaway. Eagle,that was a classic hilite of the season so far.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSCL Update

Well back from vacation, the updated standings can be foundHERE .

Upcoming for Week 6;

Sunday October 20th

9:15 am Seymour vs Rangers Mahon N
11:15 am CAS vs Lynn Valley Mahon N
9:15 am Rams vs Blueridge Griffin
11:15 am Lupo vs Freybe Griffin

9:30 am Pegasus vs Malones Myrtle
9:30am Nordic vs Coveside McCartney
9:30 am Meralomas vs Norvan Lynn Valley

Thursday Oct 24th

9:15 pm Seymour vs Lynn Valley Griffin

Cside17

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas sneek one!

Lomas 2 - 1 Norvan.

The early tilt at Lynn Valley was an interesting tilt which saw the welcome return of Danny Vaughn to the Norvan line up. With the likes of Brolly, Vaughn, Deas and Hearne all chomping at the bit , it was always going to be a tough one for the Orange clad pumpkin boys.

The firsthalf settled down with both team sharing possession, although Norvan created the better chances. The first goal came from a corner, nicely flicked on and finished off at the back post by big Bruce Mcfadden. 1- 0 Lomas. Norvan piled it on a bit after that and were full value for a well taken equaliser that had me running from one post to the other in what reminded me of doing 'doggies' again. Ughh. 1-1 at the half and all to play for...

Norvan continued where they left off and had a great deal of the ball but some resolute defending kept them at bay. As the game moved into the later stages the Lomas countered down the left, a cross found Pat at the back post. He calmly chested it down and volleyed the winner home from 10 yards out. Norvan poured it on but were unable to crack the Lomas defensive shell.

Great win for us. I'll still tip Norvan for silverware though. Danny's gonna light it up again I think...

Any other results, lads?

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 15-0 Carib. Allstars

It sure has been quiet or should I say dead on this site. Well the above noted score has given me some ammo. I have come to like several players on the norvan squad but their are also a few daft cnuts on that team as well. I can probably be rest assured that these daft cnuts were the driving force to ensure that they not only humiliated a bottom dweller team but apparently did so with carib. only having seven players. My source tells me it was basically 4 0n 1 or 2 and a shooting practice for ninety minutes. What is the point in this. You tell me. There can not be an ounce of satisfaction in doing so. It displays quite the opposite. It is a classless act and a complete disgrace to the integrity and sportsmanship of our league. The ring leader of these daft ckunts that eagerly contributed to putting the boots to carib. was probably the same hero that kept himself in up front for ninety to to ensure he got 8. You are a Hero !! Give that man a prize. You have to either give credit to carib. or laugh but to add to insult I heard that 1 of the 7 payers was playing injured.

Pipes
Peg/oldboy forever

P.S. Not bitter but embarrased and digusted at the lack of sportsmanship in light of the situation. May be time for a little old time peg ball next time we meet Noclass (Norvan)

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan/CAS

Having been on the receiving end of a Norvan thumping more than once, I know what CAS went through. As for Norvan, how much fun is it to run the score up against an under-manned "b"-side team? Give yer heads a shake boys, there ain't no world cup at the end of this.

Lupoman

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupoman, Pipes

Whilst I agree with the comments to a certain degree, I have a couple of questions...

Does goal difference come into play at the end of the season? (Cside, thats one for you). If so then the premier division could well be decided on goal difference this season.If so, then every goal could help at the end of the day. Was it Norvans fault they only had 7 players? Food for thourght...

That being said, it is over 30s footy, and a win like that can't be very satisfying. Infact possibly quite embarrasing...

Johnno

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Running up the score !

Pipes you said it right my friend... This should be and will be brought up at the next league meeting. I totally agree with you that it reflects a classless act and a complete disgrace to the integrity and sportsmanship of our game and our league. They did this last year as well - did they not?
Gaffa keep in mind, if all the A-teams felt goal difference could mean a league title it would could predispose A-teams to run up scores on every B side team whenever possible. Is 30-2 a reasonable score? When does it become ridiculous. Perhaps we should entertain the idea of setting a max. goal difference for this league (8). This could possibly reduce the padding of team and individual stats. This still does not address the mindset of teams and their players that look to pump in umpteen thousand goals against lesser teams who simply show up because they enjoy the game and each others company! Johnno!

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan o30's

Gaffa
The first tie break is head to head, followed by goal differential.So a championship could be decided on a game such as that.....but like you said it is the NSCL, not the premiership.

Lupoman

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Johnno,

It's good to see that we are on the same page with this. A recent example of sportsmanship if I may put a feather in our cap is when we played Lynn Valley. We jumped up 3-0 I recall and we took out pensato and clemente and pushed up a couple of our defenders up front. Not to take the piss but to show some sportsmanship. The game ended 5-1 but the point being is we had no interest to run up the score or pad our strikers goal totals.

Pipes
Peg/Oldboy forever

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to respond to Gaffa,

No it is not norvans fault that carib only had 7 guys however whether they had 7 guys or 27 guys when you get up 5 or 6 goals it s a good time to either play your bench more, rest your big guns maybe let guys play positions they never get to play or what have you. Not keep plugging to the point it got to. If goal differential does come into play then maybe "A" teams should stop playing "B" teams so that we do not encourage this to happen. This puts us in a position that we do not care to be in and that is if we want to qualify for the provincials and it comes to goals for and against to finish top two then we will be forced to put the boots to the weaker "b" division teams.

Pipes
Peg/oldboy forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0