Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches Soccer League 2002/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonzie

Aug 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classless

I'm with Pipes and Johnno on this one.

Absolutley classless on Norvan's part. At 4 or 5 to zip it's about time to play your bench, rest your starters, and/or play keep away. How can a player be proud to say that he scored 8 goals in a NSCL game?

:mad: :mad:

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan for the Title of...

Pipes,
Yeah this site has been dead to say the least:confused:

All,
I agree with all. Bad sportsmanship on Norvans part, which is surprising cos' the times we have beaten them they've always showed us respect at the end of the game.
Pipes, good show for resting the likes of Jua and playing different guys to give them a run.
Johnno, you cannot put a cap on the score, you just can't.
This is not the Premiership and yes the tilte maybe decided by goal difference but kudos to CAS who played the whole game. That's Sportsmanship playing with 7. (I thought you had to have 8 to play??)
It just showed bad sportsmanship on Norvan's part. Quite embarrasing. What were they trying to prove? DV beefing up his goal count. :rolleyes: I am happy to report, he scored a big fat 0 against us, thanks to The Gaffa and Smiling Ken:)
Heads up CAS, you got a thumbs up from all of us.

hedKandi
btw our new web site

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Class act is...

I totally agree with Hedkandi's comment. The class act in this is CAS. They go out with only eight guys to start and play right to the end. I recall one or two teams walking off the field at the half last year when this was happening to them. Kudos to Jimmy Lowe and crew, you deserved a whole lot better treatment and this WILL be brought up at the managers meeting in a few weeks.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello cside, are you there?

Hey, BB

Is our managers meeting happening any time soon, or are you wait for the second coming of JC as a sign that it's time? Just wonderin'.

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Norvan scoring guru is my hero too, Pipes. He must be so proud of himself. I hope he gets a big shiny trophy for winning the scoring title.

There should not be a cap on goals, but instead a show of class.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again with the Norvan thing...

Tee

yea, you're probably right, you can't really put a cap on goals, it's not practical...but this is O 30's football, I'll say it again...there ain't no world cup at the end of this. This is supposed to be a "gentlemans" league, or so I thought. Should be about sportsmanship and brotherhood if you will, but run up the score against an under-manned "b"-side.....sorry, no prize for that one.

lupoman

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Layin Low!

Layin low on this one!. But our next meeting should prove quite interesting.

Pipes

Looking forward to our game on Sunday, should be good. Norvan and Malones will be a good watch beforehand.

Welcome Lupoman, it's about time you put your 2 cents worth on here!

For updated NSCL standings click here

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I may be allowed to put my two cent's worth. If I was on the other end of a 15-0 drubbing with only seven men, I would find it most frustrating to say the least. I would expect the other team to still play hard but also with some sportsmanship. Try different players in different spots. Keepaway perhaps? But not thumping the ball into the net 15 times if it can be helped.

Here's the other angle over 30's or not. We had a similar type game two years ago and we tried very hard not to run the score up. We did everything but try to score. I think the final score was 8 or 9-0. In one instant the ball came across an open net to me in front, but instead of trying to score, I pulled the ball back out of the grasp of a sprawling goalie who tried to react to my "unexpected" move. In the process he tore his ACL. I felt bad. I was trying to be a good sport and not score, and as a result, the goalie screwed up his knee. Yes, shite happens, but it made for some good discussion after our game. My experience with situations such as this is both teams need to be on the same page. In the example I have given, the opposition goalie was hurt, but in many instances the dominating team suffers the wrath of not playing seriously or hard.

I've heard the comments about this being O 30's and not the premier. Well, that doesn't say much to me. I know we are all very competitive at heart and approach the game with the same tenacity as when we played premier. Same players, different league. Different priorities keep many of us from still playing Premier. There are several players on my squad who can easily play and dominate at Premier but do not have the time to do so...you know the story. I think a nice way of describing the way we play in the O 30's is that we are more mature in our approach. I agree that scoring 8 goals is not a mature act if it can be helped.

The CAS team fielded a team of 7 against a top team like Norvan? The 7 who showed should be proud but what about the others who left their teammates to suffer? They should take a drubbing too, O 30's or not.

Just my two cents.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
and the score was...

ballbaby

I think the points you make are good ones. Norvan should have exercised some restraint in their approach. You can't really stop contolloing a game you are dominating, but move guys around, play keep away, do something! To keep pumping the ball into the net....well, we all know what's been said about that. Anyway good luck tomorrow lads.

lupoman

ps....any bets on the Grey Cup?

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday report....

What more could you ask for.A cool crisp November morning, beautiful sunshine and the lads hungry for a win after dropping two league matches in a row. Come out fast and come out hard was the marching orders before the game, unfortunately the boys thought we were still dicussing Jasons Saturday night adventures and came out flat. Good play early by the LV crew, as they controlled most of the play and generated a number of chances. The lads finally woke up and started to take over towards the end of the first half.

Early second half, Teddy Peck floats a beautiful free kick into the LV six, Mark Mcgough heads it top corner... 1-0 for the home side.More good ball movement by the boys results in a Lupo corner, the ball comes to Teddy again, shoots low nearside just inside the post..2-0.After a great break-out and an even better cross by Paul Miller...Millertime!!!, Teddy slots it home to put the game away, 3-0. Good all round effort by the boys against a spirited LV side. Well done, lads.:wa:

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We sucked!

Peg 2-0 Coveside.

At least it's a different team on top of the table, and not Norvan!

Brolly the 8 goal scorer last week, who blasted a peno over the bar, took from stick from the stands, good to see!

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
snoozefest again.....

Sure don't take long for this site to cool off again. I think if a problem does't present itself that maybe we should create one just to keep things interesting......just a thought

lupoman

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try calling the league president a ranger's supporter. Perhaps that will work :D

Any suggestions on how to get the province's sports editor to return phone calls? I ask here because he plays in the league and I've left several messages for him after being told he wanted me to call.

I'm beginning to think he already likes someone else :eek:

~Regs.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch

Regs:

Is that in reference to my new Ford Ranger(Royal Blue) truck. Although it does have Hoops memorabilia on the rear view mirror.

I will give Chappers a nudge, to return your calls.

therangerscommentwasalowblow!

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic's a serious team, honest

Ya really gotta watch out for them Irish what say they're green when they're actually orange. If you're lucky Cside will show you his bowler and sash and maybe play that drum of his in a parade!

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupoman!

Better get someone to check under your car (perhaps IDYMYCHAP)
before you start it!!!!

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cside.....

I ain't afraid of the likes of you......so you just go ahead and try somethi.................

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
oops....

False alarm, Cside only farted. Sure sounded like a bomb going off! Message to Pipes...look forward to playing you lot tomorrow...you guys are playing well and will be a good test for us to see if we can stay with you. Come by the cooler after the game, there will be a brewski for you.

lupoman

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupo vs Pegs @ Lynn Valley

Well, the day started out good, the sun was shining, the grass pitches were open and the boys looking for a good run against a quality Peg side. Lupo got the coin toss, but that was about the last call that went our way. Some clear off-sides not called, all of which resulted in goals. Not to take anything away from the Peg boys, they were full value for their win, making the most of their chances.A nice goal by Teddy Peck in the first half and a top corner shot by Mark Waring in the second rounded out the scoring for Lupo. Final was 7-2 in a even tempered match. Well done by all.

lupoman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0