Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches Soccer League 2002/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome back for another year. God luck to everyone, hopefully this year we can get more guy's posting.

Week 1

Sept 8th
9:15am LUPO VS BLUERIDGE U Mahon N
11:15am CAS VS SEYMOUR Mahon N
9:15am PEGASUS VS RAMS Griffin
11:15am MERALOMAS VS MALONES FC Griffin
9:30am NORDIC VS FREYBE Myrtle
9:30am COVESID VS NORVAN McCartney
9:30am RANGERS VS L.VALLEY Lynn Valley

League Cup Rd1
Thursday Sept 12th
9:15PM FREYBE VS RAMS Griffin

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what happened on the weekend here? I've heard that Nordic didn't do too well but Tee mentioned being in the pub at noon after games is brilliant :eek:

~RegswhoisthinkingO30'sain'tsobadnow :D

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weekend wrap-up!

Both promoted teams got of to a decent start, Malones pulling of a tie with Meralomas, and Coveside with a surprising upset of Norvan. Pegasus outcome was fairly predictable, rather surprising that Freybe had such an easy time with Nordic.

Both demoted teams struggled with Rangers losing to Lynn Valley, and Seymour tieing perennial bottom feeders Carribb. Sounds like Blueridge had a rather easy time with Lupo.

Division 1

Freybe 5- Nordic 2
Coveside 2- Norvan 1
Meralomas 3-Malones 3
Pegasus 3-Rams 0

Division 2

Blueridge 5- Lupo 2
Lynn Valley 4- Rangers 3
Seymour 3- Carribbean 3

Tibor's new team usuallly consume at the field then on to Kinsmen, the weather yesterday must have drove them indoors.

Being done by noon is brilliant, had some beers, then went to watch DCR game and more beers. Usually end up in the dog house at home though!

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that it matters that much, but the score was 4-2 Frebyes over Nordic. I wouldn't say that they handled us easily. We hit posts, missed a few sitters and had one handballed off of the line, but that life I guess.

The dog house sounds like a bad place to be and I expect to be in it all season long.

TEE

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bullshit......

What did you build first, the doghouse or that fcuking porch you've been promising me for going on two years now? Lies........

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually the doghouse has been built right onto the porch. Two birds with one stone.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSCL Week 2

Sunday Sept 15th

9:15am Freybe vs Meralomas Mahon n
11:15am Malones vs Norvan Mahon N
9:15am Seymour vs Lynn Valley Griffin
11:15am Pegasus vs Nordic Griffin
9:30am Coveside vs Rangers McCartney
9:30 am Cas vs Blueridge Lynn Valley

Lupo vs Rams will be played Thursday night.

Sept 19th

9:15pm Rams vs Lupo Griffin

Johnno

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are back!

Good 1st game for us last week - a bit rusty & unlucky not to come away with a couple more points against an improved Lomas side. It's going to be tough up here in the Premiership. I noticed no predictions by anyone, is it too early?:confused:
Anyway welcome back you wankers and I'm looking forward to another fun season. Cheers and good luck this weekend. Johnno!:wa:

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nordic 2
Peg Old Boys 2

A good physical match that had Nordic up until a questionable goal with 3 minutes left. We should have buried a few more chances to put it away but all in all a closely fought game.

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 3 predictions

RANGERS 2-1 BLUENOSES
RAMS 2-2 SEYMOUR
L.VALLEY 3-2 LUPO
LOMAS 1-2 COVESIDE
MALONES 3-0 C.A.S.
FREYBE 1-2 PEGASUS
NORVAN 1-1 NORDIC

Looks to be a tight "A" division. Looks like most teams have gone out to pick up players to improve their sides. Will make for a interesting season. I don't see any easy "A"vs."A" side matchups.

Pipes
Peg/Oldboy forever

Johnno

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough games abound

Yes all the top teams have bolstered their sides and it will be an interesting season.

RANGERS 3-2 BLUERIDGE
- BLUERIDGE LOOKING GOOD EARLY ON..BUT!
RAMS 1-2 SEYMOUR
- RAMS WILL BE TIRED AFTER THUR MAKE-UP GAME
L.VALLEY 2-2 LUPO
- LUPO WILL ALSO BE TIRED BUT THEY WILL BE LUCKY FOR A TIE.
LOMAS 1-2 COVESIDE
- THE COVESIDE LADS PLAYING VERY WELL - LOMAS NEED A WIN!
MALONES 4-0 C.A.S.
- AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET THE WHEELS ROLLING AGAIN- NEED A WIN!
FREYBE 2-2 PEGASUS
- MATCH OF THE WEEK - TWO IMPROVED STRONG CLUBS
NORVAN 2-1 NORDIC
- AGAIN ANOTHER GOOD MATCH-UP - HARD CALL BUT WILL GO WITH CHAMPS.

Good luck out there...

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pipes, Johnno...

Agreed, no easy match ups in the A division.That being said, we gave Freybe no problems at all during the early encounter on the spongy stuff at Mahon yesterday.

A match report in full would be somewhat pointless. Freybe's, did what they always do...keep the ball well, run when they HAVE too and take their chances. We were never really in it and played right into their hands.

4-1 Sausage Makers, at a gentle cantor....:mad:

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With little knowledge of most teams in this league, these predictions are based on ....?

Rangers
Seymour
Lynn Valley
Coveside
Malones
Peg
Norvan v Nordic (I wont predict my own game)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Tee, You are Light'N Up the League, Now Give Us a Prediction

Originally posted by Tee
Norvan v Nordic (I wont predict my own game)

I predict Tee with a Hat-Trick against the Old Norvan Boys.

Well mabey a Bobby Orr Haty, One Goal, One Assist, One Yellow for a two footer:eek:

Must be nice to have the game over at 11:30, and be in the Pub at 11:45.

HOS

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To all oldtimer teams,

Tired of hearing how fcuking good the fraser valley league and the w.c.s.l. is. If any teams are interested in playing a friendly against a n.s.c.l. team feel free to respond and we can try to arrange a park and time. It would also be a fun idea to try and arrange a playdown at the end of the year between the top one or two teams in each league.
Pipes,
peg/oldboy forever

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm outta here!

Guy's last update for a few weeks, as I'm of to visit the Emerald Isle tonight! Hopefully one of the regulars will update.

WEEK 3

9:15 RANGERS VS BLUERIDGE MAHON N
11:15 RAMS VS SEYMOUR MAHON N
9:15 L.VALLEY VS LUPO GRIFFIN
11:15 MERALOMAS VS COVESIDE GRIFFIN
9:30 MALONES VS CAS MYRTLE
9:30 FREYBE VS PEGASUS McCARTNEY
9:30 NORVAN VS NORDIC LYNN VALLEY

THURS SEPT 26TH

9:15PM NORDIC VS RANGERS GRIFFIN

whatsthechanceofcovesidebeing5-0whenigetback?

A

amard

Coveside beat Lomas 3-1.

Not sure of the other results as Bernie's in Ireland drinking his little head off!!

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the name of this game was "take the piss". Not predictions and results . For Fcuks sake let's get some life in here and start posting what we are thinking. Good to see peg old boys come up with a big win against freybe's. Hope Franco and Duzzi don't drown in ther tears after that result. Lot of dick heads in our league . Shouldn't be difficult to come up with some good banter.

Pipes,
Peg/oldboy forever

S

Shaft

TEE keeps getting mentioned here, likely because he's the youngest O/30 in the League, but the boy's team (Nordic) keeps losing. Hammered this weekend against Norvan. Was it 7-3? No doubt we'll hear how many open goal's, "sitters" and handballs in the box there were. That's alot of GAA for the Nords so far in a very young season. I should talk, though.

Nice to see Peg Oly's get a big win, but not from Freybe's point of view, even if half the Peg boys played for the Vikes in the hayday of the Summer Championships three-peat, 1968-'70. Unfortunately the Freybe Sausage comeback this past weekend was too little too late in the 3-2 loss to the Run-Like-Crazy Peg boys. 1-nil Vikings after 2 minutes....2-1 Peg after 5, thanks to some dodgy work at the back end, what with Vike fullbacks attempting to meg the likes of Tony P. Hey, it ain't gonna work. Just ask Longman.

Game goes back and forth, with Freybe's Richard the BIG Fcuking Welshman hitting the post off his usual screaming head late in the first half. Then Vikes Red Mitchell pounds one to the moon from 12 on another chance to tie in the second. At least you got o the first one, eh Red? To sink hearts Peg's Harry buries one with 17 left to make it 3-1. Then their Richard misses about 7 chances from the 6 yard box to clinch it. With 10 remaining Gordy Kothlow lets the ball hit his melon and skip harmlessly wide off a nice corner. Well done Gordo, thanks. Duzzi finally hits on an indirect with a minute left for Freybe, but that's it as Peg punts the kick-off with the clock out. 3-2 final. Nice match, but a wee hot. The beers were fine at least and nobody cried that I saw

Things get no easier with the Freybe boys going up against Norvan next weekend. Should be fun for the whole family. Cover the kids ears if Gordy D gets called off-side at any time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0