Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches Soccer League 2002/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yup....

Saw your eyes yesterday, does the term " two piss holes on the snow" mean anything to you?:cool:

lupoman

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that I can see!

Well Coveside's win yesterday ensures that they will play in 1st div next year. Meralomas loss yesterday sealed their relegation fate, and Malones were finished before xmas. The promotion battle is getting tight in div 2, updated standings can be found here!

I will post league cup standings on friday after the last round robin game!

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow !! It has been a while since my last post. I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do. I think I will start with the week 17 predictions

Lynn Valley 1-2 Seymour
Nobody is more determined to get back to Div.1 than Colin. I just hope that the boys from malone's who jumped ship don't try to snivel their way back if they do!!

Coveside 3-2 Nordic
This could be the upset of the week. A hot Nordic team losing to a struggling but good coveside team. Mystery why the freefall for coveside. Bernie you can give me the full story at a later date!!

C.A.S. 1-3 Rams
Game does not mean anything to anybody

Meralomas 2-2 Rangers
Should be an even game. Two decent teams that has always played us tough!!

Norvan 4-2 Freybe's
Should be an entertaining game. Norvan has a few more weapons than Freybe's. Would be closer if Welshman Richard and "Red" were healthy.

Malone's 2-3 Pegasus
Malone's always plays up tough. Was surprised to see arguably one of the better second half teams in our league get relegated.

Blue nose 1-2 Lupo
Don't let me down Lupoman. I may be sticking my neck out on this one. Poor Marco should be the best keeper in the League. Lord knows he has seen more shots than a flu clinic!!

Bernie I didn't see this stat on your update

Top Ten Whiners:
Tony A. -Nordic
Franco -Freybe's
Wayne M-Bluenose
Jason L- Freybe's
Keeper (Can"t recall his name) -Norvan
Craig J-Rangers
Trevor-Rangers
Prison Guard -C.A.S.
Guy G.-LynnV.
Colin-Seymour

Sorry if I missed anybody. Coincidentally they are also on my own personal make sure they get kicked list!! Hopefully Ref's from our league don't see this.

Pipes
Peg/Old boy forever

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pipes....

Thanks for the vote of confidence. We had a good game against Rangers, so if we can come up with the same effort against Skidrow (Blue nose to you!) we should do alright! By the way, Marco has only played about three games with us this year due to injuries and other obligations. We've had our back up from last year Jason carrying most of the load with Fatty filling in as well when needed. This weekends game should be very physical, with Skidrows style somewhere between Aussie rules and the WWF! Hopefully no injuries. Talk to you soon

cheers
lupoman:D

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
well it was 2-1 but......

Skidrow United must have cashed in all their empties and bought some Jimmy Grimble "magic boots" 'cause thats what it took to beat the boys in navy with white trim today. Two flukie goals in the first half was all they could muster, unfortunately that was enough as Lupo fell 2-1. The lads just could not catch a break, with one rattled off the underside of the crossbar and a couple of wide open nets missed. We basically ran out of time as it was all Lupo for the final half. Nice goal by Al Fritch to make it a one goal game. The boys deserved better. Next up Nordic then Coveside, maybe we can steal a win as has happened too often with us this year.

lupoman

ps Sorry Pipes, you were 1 for 7 on the predictions this week!Better luck next time!

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
darned Nordic...

The weather started cool, but the action soon heated up as the boys in blue faced off against a much improved Nordic side. The play was evenly matched for most off the first half with both squads exchanging chances before Nordic opened the scoring. Lupo didn't drop their heads as we went right back to work and were rewarded with a nice Mark Waring goal off a give and go to even the score. Lupo continued to pressure and were rewarded with another great goal, this time from Duane Guerin on the same type give and go set-up....2-1 Lupo at the half. Unfortunately, a Lupo upset was not to be. Nordic struck early in the second to level the score, then potted another shortly there after to take the lead for good. Again Lupo squandered a half time lead with some lax play early in the second. We had some opportunities later in the second but could not convert. A well played game all around, very even tempered. Kudos to our long time keeper Marco on a great peno save , in what was his last game . Due to continuing back problems he has to hang 'em up for good. Thanks for five great years , you will be greatly missed.
Next week, Coveside to wrap up what has been a very pleasurable season.

lupoman

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh fcuk.....

that's really all you can say when your team is down 2-1, the lads are gaining momentum.... and you score into your own net. That was the end of that comeback, thanks to yours truely. Good on the boys for not quiting even after that massive blunder. It has just been that kind of season. Well done to all out there on a season that saw much improvement from many teams. See you at the LG tourney.

lupoman

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And what a fine..

Lupoman

And what a fine strike it was. If only your strikers could shoot like that. Not a bad game though, hard luck on 2 of our goals. No red cards or broken legs, so all around good game!

Happy belated B'day, sorry I didn't make it to the QC.

Cside

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks....

ya, a pretty good game....but that goal.....against anybody but you....even skid-row...anybody but you.

lupoman

too bad you couldn't make it to the QC, from what I remember it was a blast!

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ah......no......

unfortunately, c-side did not score that goal, one side of his big arse is attached to a gammy hip, while the other side is usually attached to the cooler. Yours truely put it in our net as a final nail in the coffin. Disappointing really.

lupoman:(

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
on any given Sunday....

Met up with CAS in a friendly at Griffin this morning, good clean match, some good football, and a favorable result for the Lupo crew.Well done all around.

lupoman

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
funny you should ask....

but no, I didn't score this week, as I spent all my time at Tuesdays training putting the ball out wide, even form the half line. Don't want to take any chances!

lupoman:rolleyes:

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello.......

anybody out there? Good luck to Pegasus, Freybe and Nordic in the up coming BC's, tough draw for Nordic though. Will keep our fingers crossed.

lupoman

yes Jinky, this post probably was unnecessary, but that's part of the attraction of TTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0