Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Noo Choons

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know how to dance, you just put your feet together and...

Ian Pooley - He has ben hot for some time now.

...and for those who like fries with their shake should really listen to any Gilles Peterson.

some to waste away the hours on a dance floor.
Phoenix
Bent
john acquaviva
kevin yost

At least check this one out.
Omar covering the Strangler classic 'golden Brown'

Lets we forget...
'the crown' - Gary Byrd
aleem - 'release yourself'
Fabulous Counts - 'Get Down People'

enjoy

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romantic Tips

Buckfast,

To get Regs 'more in the mood', why don't you try a dozen roses and a box of chocolates.
I understand a veritable portion of Luther Vandross goes over well to break the ice in those quiet and dicey dating moments;)

Amore

hedKandi:D

handcannon

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
word to your mutha

Suffering old skool withdrawls,

For those who seeking a little nostalgic tip, a la De La Soul, I recommend "Worst comes to Worst" by Dilated Peoples. Makes me want to eat fried chicken and say the word axe instead of ask.

Blickety-blockety-blackety-bloo

Hand"job"cannon

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
more class......

There's a new Beautiful South single out in celebration of their newest Greatest Hits compo just in time for Christmas. I suggest you all buy both. Your Mums will love you for it.

Here's what you get for your wonga;
1. Rotterdam
2. Perfect 10
3. Don't Marry Her
4. A Little Time
5. Everbody's Talkin'
6. Dream A Little Dream
7. Song For Whoever
8. Old Red Eyes Is Back
9. One Last Love Song
10. Dumb
11. You Keep It All In
12. How Long's A Tear Take To Dry?
13. Blackbird On The Wire
14. Good As Gold
15. Closer Than Most
16. The River
17. Pretenders To The Throne
18. The Root Of All Evil
19. The Mediterranean (Morcheeba remix)

Great value, really.

Also try and download 'Rapture' by Iio. Sex. Hard, wet, sweaty sex. The kind of song that will make Buckfast feel 6"2.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow is Right On!

Let the wiggle of your wonga buy this fun-packed, quality-stacked compilation.:)
The whole family will be jubilant, pets as well:D

Others to get the wonga a wiggle...
Spiller - 'groovejet'
Zero 7 - 'simple things'

Fastshow,
I know you have Paul Heaton's solo. Do you think this will be one of the top albums of 2001? Or could we be so bold as to say one of the Top 100 Ever?

interestedtoknowfasty'sviewonthis

hedKandi

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
critic....

Hed, it all depends on whose Top 100 you're on about. PD's first solo foray will certainly be in mine by virtue of the brass tacks fact that, um, since I managed to blag three years worth of cd's off Napster, Winamp et al. I've actually only purchased three cd's since 1999. Biscuit Boy's debut will be number 2 with a bullet in my year end poll. His duet with that bird what sings on 'Swollen' by Bent is the stuff of which memories are made since both possess, in my most humble, voices beyond compare. For that reason alone his album is number 2 for 2001.

Having said all that, of course, I hold my hand up high and say that I simply buy everything the Beautiful South put out through force of habit and their latest single, for wont of a better word, is cack. It sounds like a b-side off one of their 'Welcome to...' or '0898' singles. If songs about the Euro and losing the £ are your bag, however, you'll love it to bits.

I like that Zero 7 album, even I can get my end away to that.

Fcuking sort out that Iio song 'Rapture'. Large.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Straight in at 37

Fasty,

I see London Town is treating alwight. I like seeing words and phrases such as...
sort out, blag, bird, cack, large and Fulham.

Sweet as a Nut!:)

As to Iio, your tune of the moment. Ts' okay. I heard Opus III, Modjo and even Radio Ga Ga in one mix!

I would have to say that Biscuit Boy would reach in the "My All time Top 100". I think his mature, heartfelt sweet lyrical take on those everyday happenings between male and female is refreshing; at a time when 'pop-lacquer' is losing its gloss and reality. But its his sourness that is full of wit and humanity. Kind, hard but fair.

Past gems include The Housemartins - "You", The Beautiful South's - "Old Red eyes is back" and "good as gold(stupid as mud)".
Yes, straight in at 37. Pun intended:D One notch higher than ex-Hull team mate FatBoy Slim -"You've come a long way..."

I tell ya wot ya 'ave ter sort aht Is aht by Weekender.that Richard the bloomin' Third, Zoe Johnston (the wahn from biscuit boy) sings on a few.

Go on, go buy one
;)

hedKandi

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Queen

Hearing Queen, Opus III, and Modjo while listening to Iio leads me to believe you may have had a slightly misspent youth not disimilar to my own. Nice one, franco.

My favourite Beautiful South moments come from 'Glockenspiel' and the little-heard b-side 'Virgin'. Mournful.

Thanks for supplying the name of the sultry wench what sings on all them top choons. With a name like Zoe Johnston she simply has to be fitter than fcuk. Like Jan Johnston, for instance. They must be related.

What's the score with Shaggy and why won't he just fcuk off? His latest 'song', and all others preceding it, is a slice of broiled shite with shite on the side and a dashing of shite sprinkled over it to increase its' shittiness. If he were here right now I could not be responsible for what I'd do. I mean that.

From under the covers, Fastshow.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shagmeister does it for Reggae

Reggae really,
:rolleyes: Shaggy's revelling in the glory of being No.1, not only because he was dropped by his record company in 1995, but because reggae doesn't spawn many
stars. Shaggy says they thought he'd run out of good singles: "I just had to prove them wrong and show them we can be stars. Thank God my record company dropped my ass and I’m with the right one now!":rolleyes:

More fuel for your fire;) Fastshow. I heard he was in the UK. Did you go? ;)

hedKandi

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hedkandi,

Please see through Fasty's thick, poncey vernacular and references to Public Houses and standing in the terraces at Craven Cottage. He lives in a basement suite in the Lion's Gate area.

David Ralph rocks.

Buckfast

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Limeys ...

Hey man,

Like what's up with you guys talkin all this limey talk. I don't get it.

Willy McTrailertrash

PS - a long overdue shout from the small yet ever-present contingent of acoustic instrument aficionados. None are exactly "new", but ...

Starsailor - "Fever"
Matthew Jay - "Let Your Shoulder Fall"
The Delgados - "Euphoria Heights" (another example of sheer Scottish brilliance, right up there with the deep fried Mars bar)

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fort McWilliam.....

Hed, no. Fcuking hell no, bruvvah.

Buckfast, stop coming 'round here in the middle of the night and hiding under toadstools, Lion's Gate is an upwardly mobile area. Craven Cottage deserves the old Kinsman Stadium treatment. Raize the bastard to the ground.

McBill, Starsailor can fcuk off with Shaggy for coming up with that 'Daddy was an alcoholic' line. Excrement. Shaggy will probably base his nex (s)'hit' single around it, in fact. It's that good.

We are each other, Fastshow.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Work, rest and play.

Hey Willy,

Don't get too carried away with bands like the Delgados. They may face the same extinction heap as have Danny Wilson, Hue & Cry, Silencers and well The Bluebells.:rolleyes: you know what these guys did with their Mars bars!:D (Anither example ay sheer scottish brilliance, reit up eh erse wi' eh deep fried mars bar)
:D :D :D

BTW.
Matthew Jay is alwight, though. Try Shea Seger, Josh Joplin.

Fasty,
If you know what's good for you and I am sure you have an idea. Go Large me old China Plate, stick your Duke of Yorks in your sky rocket and score this...
GP 01 - Gilles Peterson.

From under the covers

hedKandi
:)

Q: Can anyone tell me why so much fuss over Incubus?

idon'tknowitbutiamapoet
:D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To my nubian brovva, Fastshow:

For the love of everything that is urban, find a sweet little ditty called "5 Million Ways to Kill a CEO" by neo-political hiphoppers, The Coup. The same group which had their album pulled from shelves (you know, the one depicting two afroed dudes blowing up the world trade center) after the Sept. 11 incident. Its, as you would say, like sex with strangers. Or like sipping a Mocchachino on a hot Long and McQuade day. I miss old times.

-Sensei.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jailhouse Rock?

Is that prison attire?:D

On your way to visiting hours check out "the audience" BY Herbert.

hedKandi

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm probably wasting my time here but if any of you halfwits can navigate yourselves to a newsagent to buy last Sunday's Guardian it comes with a Minsitry of Sound chill-out cd and is worth every penny of the £1.20 it costs to buy. The cd includes the wonderful System F and that song what they do that rocks the fcuking casbah in a nicely gentle, lilting kind of way. I reommend it highly. And you can't do better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0