Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Noo Choons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hatstand....

Though it's not that new a song, 'Daydream in Blue' by I Monster should be acquired from whatever source you lot get yer choons from. It's a magical piece of impossibly good pop music. It's the musical equivalent of waking up the morning after the night before with a bastard behind the eyes only to find Gail Porter has mysteriously arrived under your duvet and declares she feels a wee bit kinky. Sheer majesty.

Get it now. Good things will happen to you.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Genius...

Those of you who know who Paul Heaton is should continue reading. The rest of you, it is fair to say, have no taste whatsoever and should go and put your collective heads in the oven with the gas turned up, the windows closed, and get around to replacing that Zippo's flint you've been meaning to change for a few weeks now.

Paul Heaton's first solo release almost got past me without me even noticing so cunning and, frankly, crap is his name for this first solo project. Biscuit Boy AKA Crackerman's album 'Fat Chance' sees old PD in ebullient form. Which is good as it's given me a long overdue chance to write ebullient on TTP. Fans of the Housemartins will like it, fans of The Beautiful South will like it too, fans of Slayer will think it the worst load of cack ever recorded. And that's what makes it good. With his former bandmate gone on to world superstar status in Fatboy Slim, Heaton has invented and even more inconceivably shite pseudonym and, as he has done so many times in the past fifteen years, proves on Fat Chance that, as a pisstaker, he could captain England.

Try and download 'Poems' or have a look at the video for first single 'Mitch' at www.biscuitboy.co.uk

Jinky will like this one, as will Luch and Willy (though he might not admit it to his hard-as-fcuk teammates), Sensei is too young to appreciate the more subtle nature of this release though might appreciate the lyrical content if he can be fcuked to track it down, Buckfast will not admit to liking it but listens to Lionel Richie and not deep house when no one's looking anyway, Regs will not like this, preferring instead the new Slayer album. Biscuit Boy AKA Crackerman will confuse The Captain and will never find a place on his hard drive.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sussed out, mate.

Pedantic balls. If that's the best of Noo Choons that you can dig up in Ol' Blimey, then quit while your ahead as you are embarassing yourself. Again. Maybe Keeper was right?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freud

Steady tiger,

A great deal of thought goes into these top choons posts as I would not be able to live with myself were the repurcussions of allowing you to hear about the full pallette of musical wonder available to me over here prove too great and cataclismic. I have promised myself to feed you gently, a little at a time, as providing you with the whole glorious kaleidescope of choice I have at my disposal would, quite clearly, cause you to off yourself as you charge into downtown Vancouver to queue for tickets to see DJ fcuking Dan at the Commodore. You should also note that Biscuit Boy does a duet on 'Poems' with her what sings on that 'Swollen' track by Bent. And you like that one. I know you do because you told me you did. And keeper is too badly 'inequiped' to be right about anything. He makes up words for fcuk's sake.

At the risk of posting too much like the unforgiveably dull 'Nickel', Buckfast, have you checked your instant messages?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard it tonight

Wonder by Embrace

The band has been around since the mid-90's and "wonder' is the first single off thier new CD.

I really have no feelings about the song but the group is British and Fastshow may like it. That's why I decided to pick this song....It's all about making Fastshow happy.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thank you my Croat chum.....

CDK,

Your thoughtfulness is most appreciated. As an act of cultural reciprocity may I suggest to you the following; "Slobodna kao nikada" by Majke. The much-awaited single's b-side is also a cracker, "Sve sto osjecas". I don't know what the hell they're shouting about but one thing is certain, this rocks. I hope this makes you as happy as Embrace makes me. That way we can both be miserable.

Buck, your thesaurus has misspelled 'catalysmic'. And misspelt isn't a word. I look forward to the much-awaited TTP First Annual Spelling Bee. My PM box isn't full anymore.

Yours in pedantry, Ftahswo

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
His sharp what?

I'm told that Blur's lead, Damon What's-his-name, has combined with some other guys to come up with Gorillaz. Since I haven't had a chance to download any of it yet (little space left on the hard drive), I'll put it out to you all: is it any good? I'm a big Blur listener, but I'm told this is quite different.

Hell, is it even considered new?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ancient...like Greece or Rome

Sir,

Gorillaz isn't new but is a reasonably good listen. I think Sensei went on at length about them on a previous incarnation of this website. Either that or having to listen to the bastard wank on about how much he fancies Damon while working at the law firm has clouded my already foggy memory. Download Gorillaz by all means but, for what it's worth, it's not something I'd ever buy, Damon's too far up his own arse to be half as clever as he thinks he is. He and I have much in common.

Buckfast, my pleasure. I like to be compared to a scabby hat rest, it's the most flattering thing anyone's said to me in a very long time. You're too kind. My PM box is still a gaping chasm. It's like Daniella Westbrook's deviated septum.

I watch Eastenders, Fastshow.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: ancient...like Greece or Rome

Keeps,

It appears you are as up-to-date in the world of music as Chilean Footballers are in the world of fashion. And for that, you should be scolded.

However, while I am greatly saddened by, and embarrassed for you, I am simultaneously encouraged by your obvious boycott (or inadvertent ignorance) of that which this fine city attempts to call radio. Only a true soldier of quality, purveyor of originality, and forerunner of that which is neither Tragic nor Hip, would be militant and steadfast enough to be completely oblivious to the continually played sounds of ol' Damon's Gorillaz project.

So I take this opportunity to commend you.

Willy

BTW ... Check out the new Van Halen, believe it or not David Lee Roth has left the band. His replacement is Sammy Hagar and he's WAY better. Though I always hoped the singer from Extreme might get the nod. Oh well.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Radio?

Surely you're joking.

I used to enjoy the humourous banter between Larry & Willy, however, being bombarded with the continuous promotion of 54-40, Matthew Good, or Whatever-Local-Band-They-Liked-That-Month became far too much to stand. I moved on.

X-FM made a decent start, but succumbed to the music industry's push to saturate the market with highschool sh!t such as Limp Biskit and the like.

I would have moved to CFMI, but I can't stand Bro Jake, and besides . . . I'm not dead yet. I'll have to put off Deep Purple for a while longer.

So you know what I did? I bought a CD burner and now I can listen to all the mixed CD's I like in the comfort of my own car. No more commercials and no more listening to fools like you requesting the lastest crap from Destiny's Child. If that means I have to be a late in hearing about some band's new album, so be it.

Rock is dead.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fools ...?

"no more listening to fools like you requesting the lastest crap from Destiny's Child"

Fools like me? Please keeper, have the decency to address me with an appropriate handle. For I am, as you know (hell, you coined the phrase!) no fool. Rather I am one of many IDIOTS, including the newly added and highly touted city and wallace who are in the process of establishing their own new sect of denim clad Idiots.

As for the radio personalities of which you speak, I couldn't agree more, though I think its worth mentioning that the broadcast day is not restricted to morning shows, and does in fact continue well into the PM hours (I'm told, in some cases they even broadcast 'round the clock, but I can't confirm that).

Last but not least, hats off to you on the CD burner purchase, but if you're using it to duplicate songs from your already not-so-cutting-edge CD library, or downloading tracks from the "Hot Picks" page of the QM-FM Web site, you might be missing the point.

Yes, Rock might be dead, but I'm sure Knight Ranger lives .... in the comfort of your car. ;)

Willy

HopingTheBigSmileyFacesAreObvious-JustTTPKeeps;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge . . .

Ya, I heard most stations broadcast 24/7. The only problem is that they don't get any better.

Except Rock Trivia. That's always fun.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
so unintentionally revealing....

I used to enjoy the humourous banter between Larry & Willy.............

Only in a city like Vancouver could those two fcukwits ever be considered humorous. Vancouver radio has always been an absolute abortion and those two lobotomies were about as funny and as subtle as being kicked repeatedly in the toys. Frosty is the only one in that town worth listening to and that's only because he's slightly risque.
If you want something funny to listen to/watch go

here. If you watch long enough you'll see Peter Schmeichel's (in)famous Danepak advert.

The new Pulp album is released soon and, with it, their new singles 'Trees'. I like Pulp so I like the single. Those who don't like Pulp, it would be fair to say, will hate the single. With Pulp, you're either in or you're out.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
you're either in or you're out.

SteroLab's "sound-blast" proves that the groop is consistent. The new LP does not "WOW" but every track is good and with every listen, gets better. Like a decent bottle of wine..

Cheers!:D

hedKandi

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like a bottle of Wine?

I've never kept a bottle of wine long enough to listen to it more than once. ;)

But the sounds of a good whine are never far off on this site.

Willy

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having made my futile attempt at wine/whine humor, I’ll now bring this thread back to the topic at hand … music.

So check out the wonderfully low-fi Sparklehorse with their new tracks “Piano Fire” and “It’s A Wonderful Life”. For a look back at some of their previous greatness, check out an “Hammering the Cramps”.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Point?

Regs,

As amusing as it must be for you to reminisce TTP's grandest moments, perusing through the endless banter and enlightenment of posts gone by, I'm wondering why on earth you chose the above quote from Fastshow at this time. As sure as I am that a man of your intellect would never venture into the realm of the "reply" without some sort of higher reason, I'm stumped as what on earth prompted you to post your most recent entry.

For the love of god man, what are you on about?

Willy
ConfusedAndConcerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0