Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Transactions and Such

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only way for that now, would be via trade. He signed a 2 year deal with the Leafs.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Wow!!!!

Khabibulin to Chicago eh...

Hawks now have eight players signed! :rolleyes:

i don't want to jump the gun too much but, i predict that the blackhawks have set themselves up for one hell of a season. a tonne of young/cheap tallent in the mix with some very key signings. they'll have a dennis savard like spin-a-ramma in the win/loss column this year.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that would be ironic.

Steve Moore names everyone except the Avalanche in his civil suit filed in Colorado and then May ends up there? How would that ever possibly work? The Avalanche I would think would have to support the player they are currently paying, namely Brad May. But you know that Lecroix's (sp?) actions and statements will be brought up by the Bertuzzi defence team.

I can't see this happening... :D

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I HOPE THIS JARGON ABOUT BRAD MAY IS NOT TRUE!!!
for once i have to agree with regs and say that i can't see this happening either. brad may has been an absolute pillar in this community since his arrival and i would think we could keep guys like him and keene for bargain basement prices if we so choose. he is not the best player around but definately knows his role gives his all every single night, and will throw down at the drop of a dime for his teamates. who was the first ones gloves on the ice when nasy got clipped by that dirty little elbow from steve moore???

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is done! Brad May is in Colorado!

This just in, Karyia has signed with Nashville!

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
It is done! Brad May is in Colorado!

This just in, Karyia has signed with Nashville!

I can't help but wonder if the nucks are going to make a significant step to iprove this year, so far they are status quo minus a coupple of contributors who were picked up by other teams. It seemed like they were always one more quality player away from making it happen. sitting still is making me nervous as they could have had Karya. anyone have Nonis' email address?

do we have enough cap room left to sign anyone proven?

I wonder how the team is feeling with the bystander approach.

managerwhocantfigureoutthemanagemntapproachbynonis :confused:

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Karyia signed for 2 yrs - 4.5 mil. I can't beleive that the Canucks could not afford that?!?!?!?! That is unreal! Nonis must have some sort of plan...

Hoprfully this pays off!

For once I argee with FAT PRATT!!!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kariya and Sullivan on the pygmy line in Nashville.

The widespread panic in Vancouver has now hit an all-time high.

Burn your Nonis effigy today!

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are rumors around now that Burke is trading Sergi Fedorov to the Capitals as well.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The panic by so-called Nuck fans is, well, stupid.

So what if Nashville got Kariya, who else do they have? Who's going to score goals for Edmonton? Peca? Please, they got rid of the only guy who could score to get him (York). Calgary is pretty much the same, perhaps some slight upgrades but nothing that will make them a huge powerhouse.

At the end of the day, noone has played a game yet and the Canucks have pretty much the most cohesive team going into the new season which will mean a great deal with the new rules and such.

Too many people watching the canucks forum as a "source" (like Pratt) and thinking it is gospel... do they realize that most of the morons in there probably 14 or 15 years old? Actually, don't answer that... probably why Pratt likes it so much :D

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Regs.
We still have Naslund, Jovo, Ohlund, Morrison, Bert (when or if he returns).
The Sedins will put up some #s as a second line. I dont see what the panic is. Yah, these other players are going elsewhere, but half these teams are pretty much new teams with no chemistry or anything yet. If he gets a decent forward and defencemen, like roll players, i think we will be fine. I think we will have one of the top first lines in the game if Bert returns soon.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if Paul Kariya is not considering Vancouver for one of the following reasons:
a. he doesn't want to be home playing near friends and family.
b. he feels his brother wasn't treated fairly by the Canucks.
c. the money alone.

I suspect 2 but have nothing to base it on - pure speculation.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
Karyia signed for 2 yrs - 4.5 mil. I can't beleive that the Canucks could not afford that?!?!?!?! That is unreal! Nonis must have some sort of plan...

Hoprfully this pays off!

For once I argee with FAT PRATT!!!
upon further review, and actually reading what the website said, the deal is for 4.5 mil per season. 9 mil overall. Pratt is still fat, but I am the idiot!

The Nucks could not afford that!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll admit the defense is a big concern at the moment. I didn't like Malik or Sopel, but I especially don't like anybody they've brought up from the farm, or the old retreads like Baumgartner et al. If they don't fill the two spots with free agents or legit NHLers the team will struggle.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we've been back at hockey for only a few weeks and already I am disappointed. Nonis is ball-less or at least he's got a tight collar on or something. Perhaps the end result of the lock out has been anti-climatic?

The Canucks have signed Nazzy and Morrison in what I consider to be great moves, however this at best keeps us on par with last season. Now you subtract some defenders (questionable skill level, but definately proven to work) and we are left with LESS of a team than last time we took the ice. Still not time to panic, just hoping for something concrete coming out of Nonis other than stool.

I suppose Nonis has to wait and see if all the qualifying offers they have made get accepted so they don't end up with too many signed players etc, but this is ridiculous. I don't expect top line signings, just something... christ.

Most other teams are busy like crazy and most of the teams in the Canucks division have improved!!!! Teams around them who we have to play 8 friggen times are significantly better.

Anyhow, that my rant. Maybe I should move to Anaheim where real GM's work.

On the plus side we obviously have some room in the cap, whether we use it now or later.

PS: WTF didn't the new ownership offer Burke his job back? oh wait, thats a topic for "Tool of the Day"

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Assuming all of the qualifying offers are accepted, on paper the Canucks are considerably worse than last season. We have lost Malik, Sopel, Rucinsky, Sanderson, May and Arvedson, without signing any additions.

However it is definitely too early to start critisizing Nonis. We haven't seen him make any trades yet that we can judge, and he might look like a genius if most teams become "capped out" and we start signing quality players who have no choice but to accept low contracts.

With the Blackhawks signing Khabibulin it is obvious that Thibault is on the trading block, I have heard that the Canucks are interested. Pesonally I would rather have Cloutier than Thibault. When is the last time that guy actually played more than half a season?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0