Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Transactions and Such

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Most other teams are busy like crazy and most of the teams in the Canucks division have improved!!!! Teams around them who we have to play 8 friggen times are significantly better.

Wait, wait, wait am I missing something here. How are all of these teams significantly better than us? Oh no Edmonton got Pronger and Peca can you say playoffs...haha right. Pronger ever since he had the wrist injury has never been the same Pronger. Yes he is still a good defenseman but not worth $6.25 mil plus giving up on Brewer (another good dman) and 2 prospects to aquire. And Peca woopie-doo, his specialty is defending. Really to me Edmonton will be in the same position as every year and that is struggling to make the playoffs. Calgary got Amonte (who's past his prime) and a couple more role players to go with Iginla. Again big deal. Colorado is signing their core players like Vancouver is and added Brisbois and Turgeon to replace Foote and Forsberg, right there they take a hit and are slightly worse than last year. Minnesota hasn't really done anything either so what is the panic Suburbanator?

I don't get why everyone thinks the teams around us have really got that much better. The Canucks will be fine and I still expect them to get a couple more additions aside from the core group. I'll admit myself I'm not a fan of the Sedins but what can you do. If they can get Hamrlik and Lachance and hang onto the other 4 good defenders they have then the D is among the best in the league. Now saying all this the Canucks let another winger get snapped up as Ray Whitney is a Hurricane.

Call me crazy but I think the Canucks will do better this year than last.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with Snuffaluffagus!

As it stands, the Nucks must be the favorites to take the division crown heading into the season. And that is even before Nonis fills the 2 spots he said he would.

I can't believe people are getting worked up over losing Sopel and May. May was a character guy but really... do you think he's irreplaceable?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Wait, wait, wait am I missing something here. How are all of these teams significantly better than us? .

I didn't mean to imply "better than us" I said significantly better, and I meant better than the previous season.

In additional I don't care about the lost players, I care about whats left and what we will be adding. Wouldn't you for once want your dedicated ticket purchasing rewarded with an upgrade?

The free agents IMO were the best form of upgrade available, I can assure you that Nonis will aquire some new blood, but it will be via Trade so now, our new players will cost us something.

So you say Edmonton is not much better, but they have improved correct? Remember what you just said in about 8 months when the Canucks play edmonton 3 times in 4 nights at the end of the season while fighting for playoff positioning.

As you mentioned Colorado has been hit hard, but I expect them to make some kind of move to save face. Remember they have to actually provide entertainment to sell tickets in the US.

I have been using TSN LINK for seeing whos signed etc, notice the Canucks are sitting at frikken 9? Anyhow that site also shows the salaries so its a good place for comparison.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone out here have any insight into what the Canucks are up to? Any good trade rumors, free agents signings, etc...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lindros and Leclair are coming as a package deal for league minimum to form the Legion of Doom II : Bertuzzi - Lindros - Leclair

:D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Lindros and Leclair are coming as a package deal for league minimum to form the Legion of Doom II : Bertuzzi - Lindros - Leclair

:D

Great except Lindros is practically Narcoleptic now thanks to the 235 brain injuries.

I heard something about Ruccin from Anaheim for Ryan Kessler and an unnamed, but thats on one of those AM talk stations so its probably a big load of poo.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
there is indication that Brendan Witt from the Caps is unhappy and wants to leave. If memory serves correctly, Burkie had the hots for this blueline talent at one time. I wouldn;t be suprised if Nonis goes after him at 1.67 Mil. I think they may have some room left for a solid player like Witt. Oh, and Cassels signs with the caps...big deal.

manager

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
St. Louis Signed left wing Dean McAmmond; re-signed defenseman Bryce Salvador; announced that forwards Eric Boguniecki and Colin Hemingway accepted qualifying offers. In other words...BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensei_hanson said:
Anybody else see that Chubarov has decided not to re-sign with Vancouver, opting to play in Russia this year instead?

Ya, We were discussing that at lunch today.... Hope he changes his mind...

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can not believe we have to deal with those Brian Burke rejects for another year. Maybe when they can not amount to 100 points between the two of them again the Canucks will finally get it. They are third line players at best and unfortunately most third line guys can play defense or have some toughness. NOt the desciptors I would use for the sisters. At least we have a goalie. I would like to seem him play less games this year so he is healthy for the post season. Maybe then he will win a series for us.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I'd sign Bourne to an option plus bonus' package.

You researched which was which first didn't you Toller Cranston? It's allright, we all know Elvis Stojko broke your heart.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you don't have a hard-on for that hottie figure skater, you're as gay as TheRob not being turned on by Jessica Alba.

Elvis rocks,

~Dude.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0