Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Transactions and Such

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Maybe they'll swing Hamrlik. I know he's not tough but he can really fly and might do well if they really do cut down on obstruction.

very true, he would work out quite nicely if the refs do their jobs. we still have some pretty big, hard hitting guys on the back line with the jovo-cop and ohlund(if he can get meaner) and bryan allen was really coming into his own last season and i believe he should only continue to get better and stronger. another name i've heard being thrown around is brian marchment. yes he's an older guy, but for the right dollar amount that nasty little shite has always been one to watch out for in the neutral zone.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are absolutly balls on with your reporting walls.

Good show!

Marchment would be someone that you would rather have on your own team rather than playing against. Keep your friends close, but your enemy's closer...

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
tverdovski, david gove, kieth aucoin signed by carolina.
jaroslov spacek signed by chicago.
martin prusek signed by columbus.
rafalski, dan mcgillis, vlaimir malakhov signed by new jersey.
andre roy signed by pittsburgh.
langkow and leopold re-sign with calgary.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i don't see the point myself, especially with Brookbank-who would hit Domi with so many lefts he'd be begging him for the overhand right!

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
another name i've heard being thrown around is brian marchment

Give it a rest. After that stunt that Marchment pulled in Vancouver a couple of years ago (playing for the Avalanche I think?), faking that he was out cold until a penalty was called (can't remember what happened or who hit him), then jumping up and skating to the bench... then the war of words between him and Crawford afterwards... I don't see them picking him up.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah you're right. nobody on any sports radio shows have been talking about that(or maybe it was on tv). marchment is a shite disturber no doubt(i think probably one of the best ever) but he is an asset to whatever team he joins(can't remember for sure though, maybe i'm thinking of barnaby). HMMMM does he even play hockey anymore?? shite i think i got a case of Six of One brain fart posts. maybe you should host your own radio show numb-nuts. i don't just make this stuff up.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Hamrlik would be a good pick up and Id rather have Marchment on my team than play against him. He's a solid player, dirty and tough.

I can see no advantage to picking up Domi though.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Sportsnet is reporting the Leafs have signed Domi to a 2 year $2.5 million deal. Apparently he turned down a 3 year $4.5 million offer from another team. I sure hope it wasn't Vancouver as some have stated and I'm glad his ugly mug is staying in T.O.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are some of the key remaining free agents that are out there...

Still available at forward are Ziggy Palffy, Paul Kariya, Teemu Selanne, Jozef Stumpel, Jason Allison, Eric Lindros, Ray Whitney, John LeClair, Peter Bondra, Anson Carter, Yanic Perreault and Andrew Brunette.

On defence, there's Roman Hamrlik, Glen Wesley, Scott Lachance, Marcus Ragnarsson, Murray Baron and Bryan Marchment.

In goal, there's Nikolai Khabibulin, clearly the top prize, as well as Curtis Joseph, Sean Burke, Roman Cechmanek, Arturs Irbe, Chris Osgood and Steve Shields.

So, any rumors or sugestions as to what the Canucks should do? Anyone? balls??? I mean...walls???

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nucks resigned Morrison.

The Vancouver Canucks have re-signed centre Brendan Morrison to a three-year contract. Financial terms were not announced.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's still a few big names out there. A lot of them are past their due dates it seems though. And with a lot of the teams running out of cap room I wonder if we'll see some of these guys sign for a lot less money than they thought they would get. Guys like Selanne, Lindros, Leclair et al.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow!!!!

Khabibulin to Chicago eh...

Hawks now have eight players signed! :rolleyes:

Good to see Morrison back.

When do we hear about Bert? Will he get anymore?

I say he gets at least 10 more.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms on contracts with goaltender Jussi Markkanen and defenceman Igor Ulanov

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is being reported that Brad May has signed with the....Avalanche???

Wasn't he the one that "ALLEGADLY" made the statement about the bounty? I know that Moore is not there anymore, but it is just a little strange.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0