Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Transactions and Such

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far today, here are how the singings are coming in...

Atlanta Thrashers - Signed unrestricted free agent forward Bobby Holik.

Boston Bruins - Re-signed free agent winger Glen Murray. Signed free agent winger Shawn McEachern.

Chicago Blackhawks - Signed unrestricted free agent defenceman Adrian Aucoin.

Detroit Red Wings - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Steve Yzerman.

Los Angeles Kings - Sign winger Pavol Demitra. Sign free agent goaltender Jason LaBarbera.

Ottawa Senators - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Denis Hamel.

Philadelphia Flyers - Signed unrestricted free agent defencemen Derian Hatcher, Mike Rathje and Chris Therien. Signed free agent forward Jon Sim. Traded defenceman Danny Markov to Nashville for a 3rd round pick in 2006

Has anyone heard any good rumors as to what the Canucks are looking at?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone heard any good rumors as to what the Canucks are looking at?
Scott Niedermayer seems to be the big focus right now if you believe the rumours and the comments his agent made today...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which were?

I wonder what the hold up is with Naslund. He claims to want to be here so why don't the Canucks just give him the max(that is what he is going to get anyway)and get it over with?

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marty Gelinas just signed with Florida. Keenan moved the average Panther age from 26 to 33 in under three days.

I can see Gelinas, Roberts and Niewendyk all wearing white shoes with black socks at the Del Boca Vista rummoli tournament in two months.

Seriously though, if I was ever a GM I'd make a strong play to have Marty on my team in some capacity. Excellent lunch-bucket, 3rd-line type that has done the job wherever he's played.

Could the Canucks drag their feet any more in Free Agency?

I'm out like Naslund,
-sensei.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amonte to Calgary.

Malik, Straka, and Weekes to the Rangers.

If the Nuck's don't land SN, would Lachance be a fit back here?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if Naslunds reluctance to sign (or whatever he's doing) and the uncertainly of Burtuzzi, is holding back some of these free agents? I also wonder if Nonis is shitting his newly purchased GM knickers right now.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marek, we hardly knew ye.

I heard the Loafs just inked Jason Allison, and that Darren McCarty will also be going to Calgary by tonight.

Some guy on Calgary's FAN 960am is claiming that the Flames have a deal done with Niedermayer as well, and that it will be announced with the McCarty confirmation Wednesday??

This is nuttier than the trade deadline.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far the HABS have been quiet in the free agent sweepstakes but a report from RDS Montreal has Peter Forsbergs agent in Montreal trying to work out a deal with Bob Gainey. He has been seen in Montreal and has confirmed on the radio that he was in Montreal. The HABS are also one of four teams who have made a contract offer to Miroslav Satan. Love to see Forsberg in Guy Carboneau's old #21.

I heard San Jose signed Paul Kariya.

The Flames also snagged Tony Amonte for 1.8 a year over two seasons.Good aquisition along with McCarty.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nucks finally made a move...

Named T.C. Carling manager of media and player relations.
:D

Habs inked forward Peter Vandermeer, who had been with the Detroit Red Wings, to a one-year contract.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if Zenga will move into Carlings spot over at EA. Isn't that where they "acquired him from"? I seem to be doing alot of day wondering...

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pronger to Edmonton for Brewer, Lynch (Coquitlam boy) and Woywitka. I hope they do reinstate Bertuzzi right away since the first HNIC has Vancouver and Edmonton and Bertuzzi/Pronger is a great battle to watch.

Hoping the Canucks can get Kariya and Niedermayer. Is his brother, Niedermayer's that is, a free agent as well?

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A buddy told me that the Oil just signed Pronger to a 5 year deal after acquiring him. Can't find any news of it on the Oilers or NHL websites yet.
I heard the same Forsberg to MTL rumors, too. But also heard that he and Naslund have mentioned to their agents that they would like to play together at some point, before retiring and heading back to Sweden.
Hoping the Oil can sign Ryan Smyth and Mike York, as well.

TS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confirmed on the Pronger deal...

Sportstalk is reporting that Naslund has signed with the Nucks... details to be announced tomorrow!

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Is his brother, Niedermayer's that is, a free agent as well?
Rob is a restricted free agent. I belive he would have to be traded, or play out this season, and become an un-restricted free agent next year.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are all the transactions for August the 2nd.

Atlanta Thrashers - Signed unrestricted free agent forward Bobby Holik.

Boston Bruins - Re-signed free agent winger Glen Murray. Signed free agent winger Shawn McEachern. Agreed to terms with centre Dave Scatchard.

Calgary Flames - Signed unrestricted free agent Tony Amonte. Signed unrestricted free agent Darren McCarty.

Carolina Hurricanes - Signed unrestricted free agent Cory Stillman.

Chicago Blackhawks - Signed unrestricted free agent defenceman Adrian Aucoin.

Detroit Red Wings - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Steve Yzerman.

Edmonton Oilers - Acquired defenseman Chris Pronger from the St. Louis Blues.

Florida Panthers - Signed free agents Martin Gelinas, Joel Kwiatkowski.

Los Angeles Kings - Signed winger Pavol Demitra. Signed free agent goaltender Jason LaBarbera.

Minnesota Wild - Signed left wing Roman Voloshenko.

Montreal Canadiens - Signed defenceman Francis Bouillon. Signed unrestricted free agent forward Peter Vandermeer.

Nashville Predators - Acquired defenseman Danny Markov from the Philadelphia Flyers for a 2006 third-round pick.

New York Islanders - Signed unrestricted free agent defenceman Alexei Zhitnik.

New York Rangers - Re-signed restricted free agent goaltender Kevin Weekes. Signed unrestricted free agent forward Martin Straka and unrestricted free agent defenceman Marek Malik.

Ottawa Senators - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Denis Hamel.

Philadelphia Flyers - Signed unrestricted free agent defencemen Derian Hatcher, Mike Rathje and Chris Therien. Signed free agent forward Jon Sim. Traded defenceman Danny Markov to Nashville for a 3rd round pick in 2006.

Phoenix Coyotes - Re-signed unrestricted free agent goaltender Brian Boucher.

St. Louis Blues - Signed free agent forward Trent Whitfield. Signed forward Jeff Hoggan. Signed forward Ryan Ramsay. Acquired defensemen Eric Brewer, Jeff Woywitka and Doug Lynch from the Edmonton Oilers.

A few teams have still been quiet....

So far what are everyones thoughts on the new CBA and the Free Agency period? If we were still working under the old CBA, would Calgary be able to sign Amonte and Mcarty? Would Edmonton be able to trade...and afford Pronger? So far, it seems to be working well for the small market Canadian Teams...

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Naslund has just signed a 3 year - 18mil contract.

Now that this is completed, look for the Canucks to start looking around the free agent pool.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent! Now let's get Neidermayer. Then we should sign everyone else at a $100,000 a year and strap Sopel to a missile and launch him into outer space. Or the Fraser Valley. Wherever there is less happening.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard on the radio that Scott Neidermayer will make his decision by noon today! It is between the Rangers, Pittsburgh, Anahiem, New Jersey, Calgary and Vancouver. My guess is the last 3 have the best chance.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0