Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL 2007 trade deadline

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Pretty sure that recently you said the Leafs would go farther than the 'Nucks, slim to no chance of that happening.

As for Sopel, I don't care what we gave up to get him, he was fukcing horrible before and he will be fukcing horrible again. Great, we got a guy that will stand up for Luongo. How many fights was he in when he was here before? Don't remember many. What I do remember were bonehead penalties, countless giveaways, a haircut that would make Bryant Reeves momma proud, and the worst interviews in the NHL. Nice move Dave, Sopel's the key to the cup. :(

I hardly doubt Sopel is the key to the cup but nice attempt at sarcasm...Sopels stats for this year are quite decent if you even looked them up. He is +2 on a lousy LA team and with him playing at most 12-14 min a night here I doubt the expectation will be for him to lead the team in scoring and to the promise land.in 44 games he has 14 penalty min. so it seems he has grown as a player since he left.
But I'm sure with your knowledge you already knew that.

As for your posts they were horrible before and will be horrible in the future.:rolleyes:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't know I had such a following, always thought I was the only one who read my posts.

I hope I am wrong about him and that he has grown as a player, I imagine he still is the worst interview in the league though. ;)

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Didn't know I had such a following, always thought I was the only one who read my posts.

I hope I am wrong about him and that he has grown as a player, I imagine he still is the worst interview in the league though. ;)

Ok I'll give you that!!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just me or is franchise the only one making sense around here. Lukas krajeck(sp) is what -12 and plays limited minutes against the third and fourth line. Sopel isn't here to play top 4 he is here to add depth and is a great 5th or 6th defensemen. Sure he will make some mistakes but so does bieksa. Sopel has pretty decent size and has some offensive upside not to mention a great hair cut. Sopel was plus 11 or 12 his last year here with over 40 points. I think it was tough playing defense for the canucks in the past when they were purely an offensive team. he may not work out but fukc nonis is making moves and trying to fill the holes for a cup run and you can't complain about that.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks deals

Have to agree with redwoods and bulljive... IMO both add depth in areas where we need it going into the playoffs... A 5th Dman, who should take minutes from the limited Fitzpatrick and unreliable Kraejuck (sp). Sopel adds an offensive upside, is a right hand shot who can play some PP and apparently doesn't take many penalties in the new NHL... He is a passionate guy who should fit in nnicely...
Smolinski is a steal for a second round pick... Good two way centre who is great in the face off circle... Seasoned vet will provide some leadership on and off the ice...

Funny how the typical Vancouverite only points out the fact Sopel is (insert moan here) and neglects to comment on Smolinski... :rolleyes:

Nonis could have done more, but this is all we really needed.

Go Canucks Go!!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Smolinski is a solid pickup, what else is there to say about that?

I know what you'll be saying in a month...the same as Regs. Wow Sopel can real shoot the puck and the Canucks are looking solid with 5 good D.

Canucks made great moves and a great 5th d-man for nothing. It was either him or Aaron Ward and I'd take Sopel in a second. He is very good on the Pk, he can shoot the puck and will give the Canucks some scoring on the 3rd and 4th line when he is on the ice.

Smolinski between Naslund and Bolis

Sedins and Pyatt

Morrison Cooke and Linden

We now have three lines that can score, which few teams in the league have.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Georges Laraque is now a penguin, I guess now Crosby can stop being a bitch diving all the time and play hockey now that they have both Roberts and Laraque to drop the mittens.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertuzzi to Detroit for a pick and a prospect I've never heard of. Franchise's Laffs are making a run for the cup by picking up Yanic Perreault for Brendan Bell and a 2nd rounder.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
Bertuzzi to Detroit for a pick and a prospect I've never heard of. Franchise's Laffs are making a run for the cup by picking up Yanic Perreault for Brendan Bell and a 2nd rounder.

They already got the root planned......

There starting from the quad and heading right down main street to the gymnesium. There even bringing the guy with the little green hat.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk, man, even with a brain injury I can still spell better than that. Change your route by the gymnasium.

Laffs will get lost behind the gym and end up trolling on Church St.:D

Ryan Smyth to the Islanders...:eek:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
Fcuk, man, even with a brain injury I can still spell better than that. Change your route by the gymnasium.

Laffs will get lost behind the gym and end up trolling on Church St.:D

Ryan Smyth to the Islanders...:eek:

Thanks for the spelling B.

Lowe is a hated man out in Edmonton as we speak.....if Ryan returns at the end of the year and resigns then Lowe is a genius if not...kiss your GM job good-bye.

Islanders still think there going to make the playoffs:rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Islanders made some good moves, I can see them passing the Laff's now. Apparently Lowe had no choice but to trade him, according to TSN, to scared to let him play out and leave for nothing. He'll be back in Edmonton, IMO.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe Smyth is gone for any reason. I had him categorized as another Yzerman or Sakic -- a one-team player for his entire career.

Sad, the buisness side is.

~Yoda (a Ryan Smyth fan)

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Lowe is a hated man out in Edmonton as we speak.....if Ryan returns at the end of the year and resigns then Lowe is a genius if not...kiss your GM job good-bye.

The Islanders will give him a 15 year deal.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
robj said:
The Islanders will give him a 15 year deal.
Not a chance. He has been rented for the playoffs and will sign with Edmonton for a huge deal in July.

A great move by cOilers management... just watch.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0