Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL 2007 trade deadline

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the date is getting closer. The 2007 NHL trade deadline is Tuesday, February 27 at 3pm et/Noon pt. Who needs what? Who is on the block? What are the big rumors out there? Will Forsberg be moving? If so...where? What are the Canucks going to do...if anything?

Post all your trade information here...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertuzzi will be traded.....rumor has it that he may end up in TO

Brewer will be traded as well....but I don't think the Canucks will trade for any rent a players.

Forsberg will go to a top team.....thinking Nashville

bdogg

Feb 27, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver hasn't done anything of significance on deadline day since Quinn was around. Nonis learned from Burke who was never interested in a rent a player even when that was all we needed a few years back to go all the way. So i'd be very surprised if Nonis does something like that this season when the chances of us going anywhere are slim

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we get anything, it will be whatever a 2nd round pick can get us. You can't be giving away prospects every year, it will cost you far more in the long run, which is why we don't make deals. I say bring Bertuzzi back :D

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have heard anaheim is looking to add either bertuzzi or forsberg. I could see bert heading back for a love in with burke.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bdogg said:
Vancouver hasn't done anything of significance on deadline day since Quinn was around. Nonis learned from Burke who was never interested in a rent a player even when that was all we needed a few years back to go all the way. So i'd be very surprised if Nonis does something like that this season when the chances of us going anywhere are slim

Thats way off.....Burke will get someone big....they have the most cap room and loads of draft picks.....Burke will get some rent a players just watch.

Don't compare Burke and Nonis there far different!!

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok...what is going on here. Quiet before the storm?

What are the rumors that are out there? Who is this Ekland freak?

Who is going to end up where?

I guess the prices are a little steep at the moment for the rentals...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI:

Sportsnet will be webcasting their tradeday show live on tuesday in a widesreen format from 7am to 3pm pacific.

Good for those at work w/o access toa TV.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perfect!!!

I am sure that they will have a link listed on thier site to this?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I'm pretty sure they will but probably not until very early Tuesday morning (I'm just setting things up today).

I'll post here when it is live and include a link to the launch page on sportsnet.ca

Cheers,

~Regs.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have got to be kidding me...Carter for a 5th round pick?

And the Canucks could not afford that???

Hurricanes acquire Anson Carter

carter_47126.jpg

Anson Carter

TSN.ca Staff
2/23/2007 1:12:18 PM
Anson Carter is on the move again.
The Carolina Hurricanes have acquired the 32-year-old winger from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for a fifth round draft pick in 2008.
Carter has 10 goals and 17 assists in 53 games with the Blue Jackets this season. Carter scored a career-high 33 goals with the Vancouver Canucks last season. In 663 career games with the Blue Jackets, Canucks, Kings, Capitals, Rangers, Oilers and Bruins, Carter has totals of 201 goals and 219 assists.
Carter signed a 1-year deal for $2.5 million with the Blue Jackets last summer and is slated to become a free agent again after this season.
This is the seventh time Carter has been traded, second only behind Mike Sillinger (traded 10 times) among active NHL players. He has also changed his address twice on his own accord, signing as a free agent with Vancouver and Columbus in the last two off-seasons.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think the 'Nucks are in need of Carter. They should, and probably are, looking for help in different areas.

If Martin Brodeur went for a 3rd rounder, should we be up in arms because we didn't get him?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What ever...Danny Saborun is way better than him!

i know...but only for a 5th rounder. what they would have to pay him would be very small to finish the yeat...

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is all about chemisty and most likely bringing back Carter to play with the twins would upset the room.............the Canucks aren't winning because they have the most talent! Now getting Gelinas back to play anywhere is a far better fit IMO.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think the canucks wanted Carter...here is a guy who had a career year last year and then signs with the Blue Jackets??? He was offered decent money to play for a team with a chance of winning but instead signs with a bottom feeder for 1 year and has had a lousy year.
They really need help on defence and a center who can pass to play with NAslund. Carter doesn't fill either of those needs.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle please tell me your joking ............

Canucks don't have the Off ice Soap Opera right now with Cloutes, Jovo and Bert being let go
it's actually nice that the only Talk is what's going on is about whats happening on the ice
The only Change for the Canucks should be doing is to increase the depth where needed .. such as the D for a Playoff run

Nonis is in a really good position right now due to the way the Canucks are playing right now
I say No change

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0