Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL 2007 trade deadline

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Bertuzzi will be traded.....rumor has it that he may end up in TO

Brewer will be traded as well....but I don't think the Canucks will trade for any rent a players.

Forsberg will go to a top team.....thinking Nashville

The guy who called this is a genius:bronco:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually it was a beautiful day today. What the fcku are you doing on the internet if you are in the domincan, s$#thead??

Cheers from beautiful bc...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thrashers going for the Cup

I guess it's all or nothing this year because if they don't do it, they'll have nothing for years to come.

Thrashers transformed overnight with Tkachuk and Zhitnik deals
Canadian Press Feb 25, 2007, 12:36 PM EST

(CP) - Don Waddell knows the blockbuster trade he pulled off Sunday will raise some eyebrows.

The Atlanta Thrashers GM acquired star forward Keith Tkachuk from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for a first-round draft choice in 2007, a third-round draft choice in 2007, a second-round draft choice in 2008 and journeyman forward Glen Metropolit.

"Some people are going to say it's too much," Waddell said. "You know what? Talk to me at the end of the year about it."

The Tkachuk trade, combined with a deal Saturday to acquire Alexi Zhitnik, signals that the future is now for a Thrashers team trying to make the playoffs for the first time in its seven-season history.

Waddell gave up young defenceman Braydon Coburn to get Zhitnik from the Philadelphia Flyers.

"We really needed a defenceman and I really wanted to get that done," Waddell told The Canadian Press. "Then I knew what I had in terms of assets to put a package together for Keith. I called (Blues GM) Larry Pleau after I was done the Philly deal and we started talking even more and more late into the night about getting this deal done."

The 34-year-old Tkachuk had to waive his no-trade clause to approve the transaction.

"It was a pretty obvious decision for me," Tkachuk said during a conference call. "This is a team with a lot of great, young hockey players, and they've had a great year so far. With some of the guys they have like Kovalchuk and Hossa, I thought it was a no-brainer.

"I'm excited to get a chance to be in the playoffs and maybe win a Stanley Cup. So I thought it was the right decision."

There will be pressure on Tkachuk to deliver given what the Thrashers had to give up to get him.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zednick to the Islanders with the Capitals getting a second round pick.

Islanders think there going to make the playoffs:rolleyes:

Leafs will finish 8th with Montreal 9th and the Islanders 10th:bronco:

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks get Sopel (the return of the hair) and Smolinski for draft picks. Chouinard has been placed on waivers.

Canucks are done! Unless someone gift wraps something for us!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
are you guys for real.....(Dart Regs)

Sopel is a great pick-up. they got him for nothing he is going to be their 5th d-man if any of their top four go down with an injury which if that happened they would be fukced.

There record without Salo or Will Mitchel is .500 and with them in the line-up is 15 games above. Check the stats.

Pull your heads out of your a s s e s and realize for once Nonis made some smarts moves that didn't cost them a thing.

Wait till Smyth or Bertuzzi end up a Duck tommorow then you guys will be happy they got Sopel.....someone that at least would drop the gloves to protect Loungo.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
That's rich, a leafs fan telling others to pull their proverbial heads out :rolleyes:

It hurts to hear the truth hey!!!!

Look back I said the Leafs wouldn't make the playoffs and hey they might finish 8th!!! Are they going to win it all...fukc no..

But you talking putting out remarks that make no sense it funny.

Sopel deal is great....pay attention to the stats and see.

Wow come Reg I thought you were smarter then this

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty sure that recently you said the Leafs would go farther than the 'Nucks, slim to no chance of that happening.

As for Sopel, I don't care what we gave up to get him, he was fukcing horrible before and he will be fukcing horrible again. Great, we got a guy that will stand up for Luongo. How many fights was he in when he was here before? Don't remember many. What I do remember were bonehead penalties, countless giveaways, a haircut that would make Bryant Reeves momma proud, and the worst interviews in the NHL. Nice move Dave, Sopel's the key to the cup. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0