Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Youth HPL league

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude we have MLS here, it is in Toronto it is comming to Montreal in four years it will be in Edmonton. In opinion we are OK. If we could add Halifax and Calgary or Ottawa to A league our kids will have a places to play in. Kelowna and Victoria are not serious about the A league club yet. Victoria might want a club soon remains to be seen.

The only way MLS goes to Edmonton is if the league goes beyond 22 teams (and it should NOT!!!). New York will be the 20th, I have no doubt. But I can see a 4th coming to Canada in which case it would be Ontario if anywhere. If my math is right that means they need another team to balance at 22, and that would not be a 5th Canadian city. My best guess would be a Florida bid as Garber has reached out to Florida to increase its supporters base so they can put a franchise there - having met with Miami Blues ultras.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks. Does your bid also compare registration numbers, population size, and economic status of the districts/cities within which you are comparing? Does it break down male v. female? Otherwise your stats mean little to nothing. Nice charts though.

bettermirror - these two charts just show Elite Player Development ... and yes, our application had quite a bit of info/research on the above. Stats don't lie though!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks,

What happened in 2008 regarding Provincial Teams as it appears only your club out of the 11 bids placed players? I'm assuming info just wasn't readily available for everyone?

For the CSA players chart, what constitutes a CSA player?

Awesome charts BTW!

Cheers,

Regs.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MLS is all about money and future soccer in US and Canada. Bettermirror I see the league stop at 28 sides. Remember Cosmos are back in it they are working on forming a club bid. New Yark is a Twelve million people area. Two sides are nothing. It would be fantastic derby. Next four years will bring three four more sides in. Do you think Calgary is going to let Edmonton to be the only club in Alberta? Not you will see them in A league.
HPL kids will have tonns of places to play in as long as we have a combine against US boys to show case our kids.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh I don't doubt MLS is all about money. If 28 bids come forward that are of sufficient quality MLS will gladly accept their $40m+ cheque. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they did though - just like the NHL has done with its embarrassing franchises.

B

Baller

Got the email tonight ... Looks like the Selection Panel isn't requiring presentations on the 13th.

Might as well post a couple of charts from the SurDel Pegasus FC Bid ... they paint a real picture of "Elite Player Development" in recent history

CSA Players by Franchise 2010/2011
sfc_csaplayers.jpg

Provincial Players by Club 2006-2010
sfc_provincialplayers.jpg

Bullocks,

Some of credit to your numbers in the chart should go to Pitt Meadows/GEU "Whalley" group because all the boys that make the National program are from Surrey Select joint venture with Whalley Soccer and Surrey Youth.

That's pretty cheap to pad the numbers as all yours.

I know this because my kid is included in that number on bar chart and he made it to Selects through Whalley Soccer (CCFC).

whalleystud

Feb 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great note Baller.
It is great to know that our good friend Bullocks like looking at prety charts and belive in facts. Well I have a fact of my own see below. Let me know if u need any data eddited.
Bullocks,

Some of credit to your numbers in the chart should go to Pitt Meadows/GEU "Whalley" group because all the boys that make the National program are from Surrey Select joint venture with Whalley Soccer and Surrey Youth.

That's pretty cheap to pad the numbers as all yours.

I know this because my kid is included in that number on bar chart and he made it to Selects through Whalley Soccer (CCFC).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is starting to get good. :D

...yet every executive I've spoken with from various clubs in the area (about 5 different clubs) all claim thay are the only ones in it "for kids", and that there is always some other neighbouring club or clubs that are in it "selfish reasons".

Got to love politics.

And before you chime in agreeing with me whalleystud & Baller, the line is pretty universal in your town.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep the 2008 Provincial data was incomplete and difficult to get from BC Soccer (their website had incomplete data, plus they didn't respond to requests for the data).

We've got a bunch of comparisons, and research - not sure if other "franchises" went to the same lengths ...

Here's a set of five we've released publicly today.

Number of Players by Clubs in Whitecaps Development
whitecaps-development.jpg

Provincial Team Selections by Club (note 2008 data incomplete)
provincail-team-selection-by-club.jpg

Number of Current CSA Players 2010/2011
number-o-current-csa-players.jpg

All Clubs combined points at Nationals (from CSA)
nation-points.jpg

2010 NTC Selections
2010-ntc-selections.jpg

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Many of the above are actually girls BTW ....

If the HPL is truly about "Elite Player Development", we are excited as we've been a leader in this category for some time (see charts above)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better NHL could fix the problem in ten minutes. They are not willing to give Canda any more teams. As you know US wants to control and is controling NHL. Winapeg and Qubeck would do well with new places to play in, maybe we will see Nords and Jets back some day. Same will be in soccer.Do what you are told and things will be fine. As long as our kids have places to play it is all fine.
Game of soccer is going to be ten times better in MLS. I just think down town place is way tobig for twenty thousand folks going to see CAPS. In my poinion Empire is a better place for first five years. I think the jump will hurt the club in a long run. Pople from Valley are not going to pay twenty dollars for parking to go see the game.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, to the extend those charts "show" anything, its that the Burnaby / North Shore area is leading in player development by a mile... We appreciate the free advertisments...

And they wonder why people in Burnaby are not happy that HPL forces us to blow up what we're doing and go to a completely different model of player development...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better NHL could fix the problem in ten minutes. They are not willing to give Canda any more teams. As you know US wants to control and is controling NHL. Winapeg and Qubeck would do well with new places to play in, maybe we will see Nords and Jets back some day. Same will be in soccer.Do what you are told and things will be fine. As long as our kids have places to play it is all fine.
Game of soccer is going to be ten times better in MLS. I just think down town place is way tobig for twenty thousand folks going to see CAPS. In my poinion Empire is a better place for first five years. I think the jump will hurt the club in a long run. Pople from Valley are not going to pay twenty dollars for parking to go see the game.

It's Friday Regs. You said I could...

Mr. Base, WTF? Are you posting in the wrong thread again?

You have to be fist fcuking me.

Back on topic...

The graphs are nice. Disportionately high amount of Richmond / Vancouver players than I would have guessed, and I wonder if TTS has a significant hand in this.

Also- impressive and consistently high numbers for Burnaby / North Shore, though I bet there is a deffinite gap between North Shore and Burnaby in average soccer familly income bracket. No surprise on their development charts- they've both been been doing it forever it seems.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I imagine the disproportionately high number of Van/Rich/Burnaby/NS kids has to do with the following; geography, economic status, population. How many kids even from Langley particularly want to drive all that way that many times a week for provincial training AND then pay those high amounts for it when they can play SYL? I know there are always exceptions. The provincial team is not a "provincial" team and we all know it.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
??? Got me. I am, brand new to the club! But I do know of one player being courted by Bolton Wanderers, and has chosen not to drive or pay to be a part of the provincial team. You can be sure there were others. I would suggest the same goes for loads of kids from all over the lower mainland. Including Victoria.

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
as a somewhat novice soccer parent who is learning as we go here and the dad of a "potential" Provincial Team prospect next year, what do you mean bettermirror by "The provincial team is not a "provincial" team and we all know it"?

Over rated? not really the best group of kids as one would expect? Not the training one would expect?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
as a somewhat novice soccer parent who is learning as we go here and the dad of a "potential" Provincial Team prospect next year, what do you mean bettermirror by "The provincial team is not a "provincial" team and we all know it"?

Over rated? not really the best group of kids as one would expect? Not the training one would expect?

It's not the best kids in the province.

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks "I_S". Is it somewhat the path that one ultimately needs to ( or should ) go though? Even if it may not necessarily be ALL the best kids? I would think that of course naturally there will always be some great players who do not participate in the BC program but who are better than some Provincial team members.... but on an overall basis, would it not be "the best squad"?

I really don't know, I'm looking for educated opinions.

IE; where would you send your kid if you had the options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0