Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Youth HPL league

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
and we wonder why Canada can't compete internationally... we need to realize that a good percentage of our best athletes will always choose hockey, no matter what the soccer community does... that necessarily takes a good chunk of high income parents out of the soccer equation... what you're left with for HPL is that subset of leftover talent that can afford to pay the HPL fees... we absolutely can't afford to lose talent to affordability, yet HPL as currently modelled forces clubs to do just that... brilliant...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb now you know why coaches quit at National level. It is always about money. Talent is lacking due to that spacfic thing. It realy does not matter how much time you spend on training non athletic player.
They will never reach the level of World class. Due to heavy coasts only rich can aford to be there. It is not their fault. It is up to our local government to alocate money for poor kids. That way we would be able to play anybody. HPL or no HPL that's the way it is. You just make sure that your club has Select program for kids with less money.
World is heading back to closs system. Some have it others do not.
Only if we stay positive things will be changed. If not, it efects your child. Most parents can not keap it to them selves. Children get bitter and loose interast in playing the game. There is fun even if children plays div two soccer, it is all about you and I how much fun we make it for the kids.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff ave U14 has a fanaminal kid. U14 gold player. Total soccer. You guys in SYL call the lad out. Kids name is Luca. He is on a gold side. Mr Chacca give him a call, not many like that young lad.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

You know I like your posts but I swear it was you that in the past was trying to say we should model soccer after the hockey system? I dunno, maybe it was someone else :confused:.

i think that was me...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs come to think of it it was due that did say we shold do it like hockey guys. Long nog time ago.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I compared it to Junior A level hockey, which is 100% subsidized to the players.

That was the only real relevant comparison I made.

That being said, there are A LOT of ideas soccer could steal from hockey to make the game better domestically.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude must say you made a good point. Susidized 100% who pays for it club owners or hockey youth in general? It's a good idea. I am not sure it will fly with soccer. We are split in far tomany leagues to do that as one.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I always prescribe to the theory that if you're going to do something big, you must do it right, even if it takes longer. It's an approach I've always taken in business, and it's worked for me.

I can guarantee you, if the CSA were to pay me a fair salary over a year (they couldn't afford me, and I wouldn’t do it for free since I don’t have an extra 8 hours a day to volunteer, and that’s what this would take, a full time effort…but hypothetically speaking), I could develop a three way funding plan using public, private, and philanthropic means to not only set-up the not-for-profit model, but set it up to run in perpetuity.

So could a lot of smart business guys that post every day on TTP.

There are a lot of real smart, young consultants out there that would take on the challenge for the right compensation package. This model reeks as if done on the cheep, and it is doomed for failure.

Lugann

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are a lot of real smart, young consultants out there that would take on the challenge for the right compensation package. This model reeks as if done on the cheep, and it is doomed for failure.

...and what a waist of valuable time, money and development. What about those kids currently developing quite well and dominating their respective divisions with a coach they've been with for a few years? What if he or she (the coach that is) isn't selected for an HPL club for political reasons?

Many of you know the game well and an excellent coach when you see one. Can any of you honestly say, a handful of good men and women (trainers included) are not going to be passed over for some complete twits who shouldn't be coaching past U9?

Start with the boys...the national women's program seems to be doing just fine, is it not? I know they certainly have room for improvement, but once at the top (ya'll know they'll get there first) the work becomes even harder.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The hiring process for coaches is something I'd be willing to accept as a part of the process we have no control over, so long as the model itself it set-up correctly.

There are some very, very good coaches, many who lurk here, post here even, that I'd love to see in charge of an HPL team. I just don't want them going into a bad set-up.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J-League.

As the domestic league grew into a high level professional league, the game grew domestically.

Hope for us yet? :D

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude we have MLS here, it is in Toronto it is comming to Montreal in four years it will be in Edmonton. In opinion we are OK. If we could add Halifax and Calgary or Ottawa to A league our kids will have a places to play in. Kelowna and Victoria are not serious about the A league club yet. Victoria might want a club soon remains to be seen.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got the email tonight ... Looks like the Selection Panel isn't requiring presentations on the 13th.

Might as well post a couple of charts from the SurDel Pegasus FC Bid ... they paint a real picture of "Elite Player Development" in recent history

CSA Players by Franchise 2010/2011
sfc_csaplayers.jpg

Provincial Players by Club 2006-2010
sfc_provincialplayers.jpg

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bollocks. Does your bid also compare registration numbers, population size, and economic status of the districts/cities within which you are comparing? Does it break down male v. female? Otherwise your stats mean little to nothing. Nice charts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0