Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Youth HPL league

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess you have to define "benefit" don't you? But HPL will start with the big clubs because they have the infrastructure and reputation to attract players.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They also have a collection of successful coach's and management with experience/certificates.

These clubs already run at a standard on and off the field that most of the other programs don't and/or can't run at.

With no reason or consequence, why would there be a reason to change to keep pace with the higher standard clubs?

I really think that people need to get out and see how these other clubs are run. There is a massive difference not only on the field.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror I do understand that you are for HPL. And big clubs ar in, Metro For is one Surrey FC is second. Jeff Clark is pushing hard to be part of it. He is one of those 12 guys trying to make this league go. Upper guys will do anything for money. As you know it is all bro system. Also Delrymple from Whitecaps group is part of it. It is all good as long as the league belongs to BC Soccer and not to some Pro Club group. I am only scared of control of local kids with those guys learking in. They all love good paying jobs. What better way to make money.
In my opinion it is an improvment to Metro program. I can see lots of guys jumping ship from one league to onother.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror I do understand that you are for HPL. And big clubs ar in, Metro For is one Surrey FC is second. Jeff Clark is pushing hard to be part of it. He is one of those 12 guys trying to make this league go. Upper guys will do anything for money. As you know it is all bro system. Also Delrymple from Whitecaps group is part of it. It is all good as long as the league belongs to BC Soccer and not to some Pro Club group. I am only scared of control of local kids with those guys learking in. They all love good paying jobs. What better way to make money.
In my opinion it is an improvment to Metro program. I can see lots of guys jumping ship from one league to onother.

My sense after reading the comments from the above names ( and others ) in the HPL proposal is there is a genuine desire to move soccer forward in BC. Many of these people have all had their issues with BC soccer in the past but realize we need to move it forward and change things?

What I hope is that with the MLS in town there will be a "new investment" in soccer which will benefit all levels. I think it would be fair to say that the cost to play in this league should eventually be minimal if it works and is successful.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror this my consern. Whitecaps are a Pro club. If they run the league every player belongs to them. If Edmonton FC wants a player money takes place. Kids will get hurt. Main club will send their kids first, player will be over looked due to in club politics.
Only if BC Soccer puts four people as a governing boddy and each club has one person rep that it will be OK. With a vote troubles can be over turned. Kids come from club development. In orther to colm things down it is a must. Most important factor is, each player that has talent has to be given equal chance. That was not the case in last twenty years. Thank god for Toronto FC and Montreal FC Canadian kids have a place to play. And now with Edmonton going forward it is a good thing.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting read (the PG 2 document) - Findlay seems to be pushing hard for the provincial program to be the next step to the Caps and National team... what's the point?

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
As you know it is all bro system. Also Delrymple from Whitecaps group is part of it. It is all good as long as the league belongs to BC Soccer and not to some Pro Club group.

Thanks to WFC who had to find paid jobs to some of their players (at that time) Vancouver Selects and North Shore Selects ended up paying around $1,500 for metro season. In this HPL proposal I see again WFC personnel. Coincidence!?

Whenever WFC puts its nose in youth soccer the parents end up paying more and more.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$1500 is approx the going rate in NV for Metro boys and girls. What is it elsewhere?

I know it's slightly off topic....but?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
$1500 is approx the going rate in NV for Metro boys and girls. What is it elsewhere?

I know it's slightly off topic....but?
The Vancouver U16 Metro boys team charges $1,400 per player and the coach gets $900 of that from each player. Burnaby Selects metro boys charges around $500 because they have volunteer coaches.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
$1500 is approx the going rate in NV for Metro boys and girls. What is it elsewhere? I know it's slightly off topic....but?

No, it is not off topic. HPL is exactly about that: finding another way how to charge parents a premium for something that is being presented as an "elite" league although it is just a slightly modified metro/selects league, nothing else.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are quite the cynic RL - it couldn't possibly be about developing players for university, professional, and international soccer could it? And then paying the coaches who are best equipped to assist that development?

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are quite the cynic RL - it couldn't possibly be about developing players for university, professional, and international soccer could it? And then paying the coaches who are best equipped to assist that development?

Believe or not, I hope you are right!

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my opinion, you are just not getting a huge leap in development with this new format. There will still be a Provincial team, just like there is now, there will still be NTC training, just like now, and teams will probably play in Showcase tourneys, just like most good Metro/Selects teams do now. Players also have the option of going to academys, development camps, etc. on their own time to improve themselves. Remember, not every boy and girl in Metro/Selects wants to play soccer 10 or 11 months a year even if they are decent players. They have other interests or sports in the spring/summer. I know of one top 3 girls Metro team that has 4 girls who will choose to drop down a division and play in the winter because they play ball and do track and field. You combine that with players not playing because of the cost, you then get a dilution of the talent pool, and now it's not as elite as stated. It's entirely possible that you could see a couple of"Gold" teams being better than a couple of the weaker "Elite" teams. As was said earlier, most of the players in the HPL will come from the top teams that you can go watch right now. When it comes to university sholarships, players have to be proactive. They have to contact coaches, tell them about themselves, tell them where/when they're playing, and invite them out for a look because they don't show up out of the blue. Playing in the HPL won't change that. I just feel sorry for those parents that are fooled (or have wishful thinking) into paying all that money and then watch their kid sit on the bench a ton when he/she should be playing down a division, playing all the time, and for 1/4 of the cost.

SF

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I say, if a kid is sitting on the bench a tonne then the coaches have let him down by selecting him in the first place. The HPL will require "minimum" roster sizes" (which my guess is will be 14 or 15)? No need to really carry more than that as there will be permits from the lower levels available.

Re: kids quitting for other sports - well this is a reality....in every other part of the country the kids have to choose. Why should BC be any different? BC (lower mainland actually) needs to align itself.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao you guys are making alot of sence here. You guys new all along that it is about money. With that money your youngster will get better coaching than some parent. Kids from gold will get a chance to move up. Kids from silver will do the same. In shot time parents and kids will be talking about it spreading word. New life to many youngsters that perhaps were bored where they played. New chalange will keap kids in soccer. It will also make many coaches in lower levels think how they coach, there is hope here yet. Only one thing that I am consened here is, where the hack are they going to get the playing fields with all these senior leagues and over fourty and over fifty guys and ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0