Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New looking Canucks 2013/2014

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gillis adds another fourth line player in Pascal Pelletier I am not so sure Dale will have spot with all these fourth line players added. It will be fun to watch what will come of Dale. Pelletier is not that big but does have speed for this League and can score.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks add two more players to the roster. Benn Ferreiro and Brandon DeFazio both spent most of the time in AHL.
DeFazio is a bigger guy that comes to play hard. Ferreiro with Portoguise back ground is smart player good around the net. We might see all Italian line yet.
2014 is a win at all cost or a bust. It will be fun to see what happens.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you guys hear new Canucks cheer. Azuri Azuri here we go we shoot the puck nobody knows where it will go.
Luongo is back and Nucks will play. Torti will yeall nothing to say. Team will run and gun, watching Torti will be fun. The word is, ref you are a pr-ck, the way you ref make me sick. Twins you better go or Kesler will steal the show. Booth you might as well pack. There will be no fun eating snacks. Torti will be in your . Shucks what AHL team we have now.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs you are right I do listen every so often. It just makes me lough when we buy fourth line players at the best.
At Least Traves Green will have a good team in Utica. I hate like hell loosing Bill Swett that young guy should be here before Booth. It's late now. I hope they get that kid back. There is no way we will be in top two even with Louango in net. Edmonton is a much stronger team. Loosing Alberts who do we have to stand up to big guys in the back line. We have skill but not enough sand paper in front of Louango.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps old news but From what I've heard from very reliable sources is Kesler pulled a Jeff Brown (on Kirk McLean) with Schneiders fiancée. It was either Kesler or Schneids, Kes with the no trade stays and Schneids moves on

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
O you guys, both boys are Union men. What the heck little bit of change is good every so often. Are you sure it was not the other way? If that's true that would be a low no class blow from Kes or Shneids. Both American at least it is in a family. And both Germans on top of it. All's gooot.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps old news but From what I've heard from very reliable sources is Kesler pulled a Jeff Brown (on Kirk McLean) with Schneiders fiancée. It was either Kesler or Schneids, Kes with the no trade stays and Schneids moves on

So some ramrod who trade marks his name, wears a tie with suspenders and takes selfies smoking a vanilla flavored primetime is considered a reliable source these days ?

https://twitter.com/SunnyBhamra/status/351430167505289216

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2013/0...-healthy-injection-of-unsubstantiated-gossip/

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gillis adds one more fourth line player. Traves must be happy by now. Utica should be better team than our first team. In my opinion there is no chance for main club to get out of first round of playoffs. Totrs will push the Union to the limit. I am not so sure brothers will listen to all that pressure games. Raymond is still better than all the guys he added in the summer. Go figure it out. Young guy like him hast to shop him self around.
Some might drive down to union storage and get the golf clubs sooner than they think.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They say some things are like riding a bike.

It's been awhile since a Mr. Base posting and I can attest that deciphering a post is NOT like riding a bike.

WTF?

:facepalm:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs all I am saying t is. Main club just dos not have enough on D or on the second line to be equal to Sharks or LA or Edmonton. Early exit with out a doubt un less Torts pulls a more than fantastic season. I think some players will be turned off by his in your face style of coaching.
I can not wait to see if Torts will prove us all wrong. If not it will be a long season. Good thing Canucks added David Pacar to Utica. He could see playing time with main club. As you can see we lack size and grit on our D. skill is fine. You will see our keep on his but many times. Only Sestito has size to fight back. I am not sure if Torts will let him loose.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, Torts will not be able to motivate these guys to the next level.

We should get a guy like AV or something, 100% sure that is the solution.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs I can see Gillis has his hands tied du to cap. But I think he has his man in place as an assistant coach. I really think he will be talking more to his assistant coaches than Torts. Torts has his own idea. Let me tell you I don't think Gillis is on the same page as Torts. Torts is more owners guy in this club. I hope Luongo buys into all this and proves all the guys wrong. Two years of Torts I'll be sure twins will end-up in New York.
To some degree I like what Gillis has done for Utica Comets. Adding young guys with size will only help the main club. Also having Traves Green is a plus. Youth will get better with his coaching. Young Horvat and Shinkaruk will take place of twins as they take off from Vancouver. Both young guys will help the club.
And most of all young French Canadian finally get a chance to make the team as sixth or seventh D. Good size stays at home and does his job.
I still think Edmonton is a team that will knock some one out of playoff spot this year. It remains to be seen if Torts brings in Jeff Tambelinni back to town. Kid is better than Dale any day.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs I can see Gillis has his hands tied du to cap. But I think he has his man in place as an assistant coach. I really think he will be talking more to his assistant coaches than Torts. Torts has his own idea. Let me tell you I don't think Gillis is on the same page as Torts. Torts is more owners guy in this club. I hope Luongo buys into all this and proves all the guys wrong. Two years of Torts I'll be sure twins will end-up in New York.
To some degree I like what Gillis has done for Utica Comets. Adding young guys with size will only help the main club. Also having Traves Green is a plus. Youth will get better with his coaching. Young Horvat and Shinkaruk will take place of twins as they take off from Vancouver. Both young guys will help the club.
And most of all young French Canadian finally get a chance to make the team as sixth or seventh D. Good size stays at home and does his job.
I still think Edmonton is a team that will knock some one out of playoff spot this year. It remains to be seen if Torts brings in Jeff Tambelinni back to town. Kid is better than Dale any day.

Holy :asshat:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise could you talk to Torts after a big lose. God help Gillis if he rubs the guy the wrong way. It will be like pitbull fight.
Younger assistant coach is very level headed guy. Gillis is better off to spend time talking to him. Finally we will get to see Gaunce play in Canucks uniform. I am sure that kid will make the team. Jansen the same. Sauve on D. Mallet could also stick around for a long time. Team is younger but in my opinion D is not strong enough to make it past first round of the playoffs.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Fistric might be in Canucks group next season. If he does come this way club will be bit better. At least Lou will be OK. He stands up for his team mates.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Productive day today for the Canucks....although not so new looking
Tanev signed for another year - I like this. Clearly they were not close on $$$ on a longer term deal, so they came to a compromise to work within the cap room we have and then give both sides the option for a significant increase next year when the cap goes up and he has proven he can be consistently decent.
Alberts signed for another year - I'm also OK with this. He was much better last year and didn't give us the scares we had been used to. Obviously not the quickest, skilled or grittiest defence-man, but we know what we're getting and again, it's cap friendly and there will be no problems upsetting the dynamic. He seemed OK moving in and out of the lineup as and when needed, so just about what we need.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0