Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 2007?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it that the Caribbean isn't a country at all, in fact, neither is Africa. Anyone realize this? Next year I'm thinking about putting in Team Europe, basically consisting of anyone and everyone.

Instead of going the usual "WISE" way, Germany is in a transition year with a lot of young true German players. Ironic that I'm a part of a German team that is trying to keep it on the up and up.:rolleyes:

Germany with some great new talent, 18 year-old Dave O'Malley in the back, Dave Yakimoto in the mid alongside veteran Jassi Randhawa.

In all honesty, Germany will have a tough go this year in the open and I'm only there to help some of the young guys. But at least Brian Wilms is laying the ground work for some years to come. 15-1 odds.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it that the Caribbean isn't a country at all, in fact, neither is Africa. Anyone realize this? Next year I'm thinking about putting in Team Europe, basically consisting of anyone and everyone.

Instead of going the usual "WISE" way, Germany is in a transition year with a lot of young true German players. Ironic that I'm a part of a German team that is trying to keep it on the up and up.:rolleyes:

Germany with some great new talent, 18 year-old Dave O'Malley in the back, Dave Yakimoto in the mid alongside veteran Jassi Randhawa.

In all honesty, Germany will have a tough go this year in the open and I'm only there to help some of the young guys. But at least Brian Wilms is laying the ground work for some years to come. 15-1 odds.

I'll have to protest that just like Germany did several years ago because No Right Peg played for Ireland. Nice one.

Dave O'Malley,eh? Sounds like he might be a nice fit for another team wearing green and white. :D ;)

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the sounds of it, I appears that most teams do not carry the major of thier heritage on the team.

I wonder which teams carry at leat 75% of whatever country.

I could play for:

Canada = vinnie eh?
Scotland = McVinnie
England = Vinnie wanker
Ireland = O'vinnie
First nations = vinnie George (insert 2 first names here)

etc

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the sounds of it, I appears that most teams do not carry the majority of their heritage on the team.

I wonder which teams carry at least 75% of whatever country.

I could play for:

Canada = vinnie eh?
Scotland = McVinnie
England = Vinnie wanker
Ireland = O'vinnie
First nations = vinnie George (insert 2 first names here)
Italy: Vinnie...who me?

etc

soccerchiquita

Jul 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

There aren't enough players from each country in the Caribbean to form teams....I should know...I'm part West Indian...anyways....if this were Toronto it wouldn't be hard to create a Jamaican team, Barbadian team....and so on...but because we have such a small Caribbean community compared with Toronto - Caribbean team will have to do!

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all about the population.. India and China should be 100% (no this is not a racial or stereo type comment) Italian and Croation community in Vancouver is big too.
Also I think it's all about being competetive. Ya some of the other communities are bigger than average but I think the skill level of the players is not good enough to play at this level.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
YEs, Bronco, I hear you're adding several players of the 'English' influence for the tournament and season..........

Sadly true my Fenian friend. Don't really know how it's going to fly with the stalwart oldtimer support, but that will rest largely in the results. Bloody Brits want to ruin everything that is pure don't they?!?!:mad: :bronco:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco,

'Tis a sad day indeed. ;) :D

Are you still playing? How is the health? Hopefully I'll see you around the tournament this weekend and we can have a pint or two.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was planning a return this year, but I may have a herniated disk to deal with. Probably lookign at O-35's at this point. See you out in Richmond at some point this weekend. we'll discuss Sinn Fein et al!!

Long live Jerry Adams pre appeasement!! :D :bronco:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sounds like some fine young German players coming into your side, WAB. No one could be more Germanic than O'Malley, Yakimoto and Randhawa unless they were guys named Dressel, Ulrich and Kramer.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like some fine young German players coming into your side, WAB. No one could be more Germanic than O'Malley, Yakimoto and Randhawa unless they were guys named Dressel, Ulrich and Kramer.

or Trece Verde...:rolleyes:

:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those names are practically music to my ears... :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was planning a return this year, but I may have a herniated disk to deal with. Probably lookign at O-35's at this point. See you out in Richmond at some point this weekend. we'll discuss Sinn Fein et al!!

Long live Jerry Adams pre appeasement!! :D :bronco:

**** Gerry Adams...........he's a wanker............:mad:

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PORTUGAL 3 - GREECE 0

Goals scored by Carlos Batista, Alain Rusch and Jeff Hodgson. Obviously a good result for us. I didn't think we were ever in danger of surrendering a goal.

Big game against Scotland tomorrow as I heard they beat China by a 3-0 score as well.

Any other scores out there?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know that in the over 30s Division Italy defeated Scotland in actually a very entertaining game. Italy went up 2-0 in the first 10 or 15 minutes while the Scotland central defenders and midfielders were still intoducing themselves to eachother. Jinky got one back in the second half early, but Scotland could not get the equalizer, although they carried the play for most of the game. The Favro brothers, Sal, Carm Donof, and it must be said once again Frank C were huge for Italy against some pretty tough competition.

2-1 final.

In the over 30s div, Italy looks like a good bet for the final, and on the other side, I might bet on India. Although I believe that the England, or thr Germany teams may have something else in mind. As does Scotland I guess...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M. Great game tonight. We survived that one. A very good side, Scotland, and with a little luck could have pulled a tie. We really should have put a few extra in but I would agree that you guys carried much of the play. We'll see what Ireland brings tomorrow. What was their result against China BTW??
SCK

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0