Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Sept-Dec 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Sept/Oct/Nov 2005

SC was partially right with her observation. The first half was even for the most part - we hit the bar from in close and I think the Renegades had one really good chance too. 0 - 0 at the half...

The second half was ALL Renegades. They were more physical, put lots of pressure on the ball, and the most depressing part was that they looked A LOT fitter than us, despite the apparent age gap. They are a team who plays very well together, when everyone is there. They were slightly different than the team we played a few weeks ago with a couple of quality players added. Having said that, all 3 goals came directly from dead ball situations - 2 corners and a free-kick. That is 7 out of 11 goals we have given away directly off set-pieces......I guess we have to work on it AGAIN at training on Tuesday. :) Either way, the Renegades were full value for the win based on the second-half performance. Matt is doing a really nice job with the girls, as they definitely try to play some nice football. We had our moments in the first half but were completely shut down in the second......Well done to the Renegades.

On to the league leaders next week...........

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Indeed, Captain, fitness was certainly the clearest difference in today's match. Much of the second half saw Westside's #16 & #19 running circles around Club I's left wing (you probably couldn't see it through all the fog. :) ). I'd suggest the two header goals were simply due to a tired defender not managing to follow their check.

Regardless, it was an entertaining game -- particularly the first half when the teams' battle was much closer. Club I, in fact, produced some very dangerous balls in the first but were cut off and challenged well by the Renegades' latest addition between the pipes.

The photos look good too, by the way. The fog allowed for a lot more light than I would have otherwise expected. Look for them to be posted between now and tomorrow sometime.

~Tight at the top.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Indeed, Captain, fitness was certainly the clearest difference in today's match. Much of the second half saw Westside's #16 & #19 running circles around Club I's left wing (you probably couldn't see it through all the fog. ). I'd suggest the two header goals were simply due to a tired defender not managing to follow their check.

The two header goals AND the third goal were all attributed to a team which looked bagged. The first thing that goes when one is tired is the brain, which might explain some of Regs' posts lately on the wrong threads. Being a new father can do this to a person. Anyway, we will be addressing this at training and hopefully limit this from happening in future. As I said though, based on the second half performance, the better team definitely won on the day.

Captain

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
The photos look good too, by the way. The fog allowed for a lot more light than I would have otherwise expected. Look for them to
Keeper nice work, but I noticed you were floating around the Club I keeper quite a bit :eek: .

New life, new week. I wonder if the Richmond fields are going to be open/available this weekend. I guess I'll be waiting by the phone Friday night 10:43pm to find out where/when our game will be on Saturday :mad:

Good luck to those teams who play this weekend. Please continue to make those stats exciting/interesting :wa:

+barelywalkingSC :(

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SC said:
Keeper nice work, but I noticed you were floating around the Club I keeper quite a bit :eek: .
That seemed to be where all the action was. I would've taken some shots of the Renegades' keeper, but the ball never seemed to make it down to that end of the field. :eek: :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
That seemed to be where all the action was. I would've taken some shots of the Renegades' keeper, but the ball never seemed to make it down to that end of the field. :eek: :D

So you're contradicting your earlier post then? :D Obviously there no photos in the first half, especially when the shot from 8 yards out rattled the Renegades crossbar? ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Captain Shamrock said:
Obviously there no photos in the first half, especially when the shot from 8 yards out rattled the Renegades crossbar? ;)
I think I was still at McDonalds. :cool:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here's a result, another future Westside Shooter was born this morning :wa:

No predictions due to the recent unpredictible results happening lately :eek:

Any field change yet :confused: :rolleyes:

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Should be a good game tomorrow when the 1st place Shooters face 2nd place Club Ireland. Can Club I deal with the Shooters speed and experience up front? Will SC remember which team she's on ;) ?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Will there be a game played as Manoah Steves is currently closed?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Will fcuking Bill Donaldson actually do his job? We are waiting again on a Friday afternoon not knowing where the fcuk we are playing. The phoneline hasn't updated anything since yesterday, saying everything is open, yet the Internet field line says they are both closed. The Metro Womens site has the games still on.

Chub Rub

Nov 13, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

So Captain, I'm just dying to hear about your big game today!

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Captain is reffing right now so I will provide some details.

Club Ireland 3 Westside Shooters 3

Club I went up 1-0 about 5 minutes in and shortly after that, Westside scored two quick ones as the ladies had a bit of a letdown and couldn't match the increase in pressure from the Shooters. Things evened out a bit more for the rest of the half and it ended 2-1. Start of the second half Club I put on a little pressure but it was the Shooters who scored off of a free kick I believe as we gave up another goal from a set piece. Minutes after that SC scored her second of the game to make it interesting. We put the third in with about 10 minutes left in the game. The Shooters had one striker who was VERY fast and scored all of their goals before we changed markers on her. Great coaching move fanny baws :). Should be mentioned that the wind played a key role in the game as each team scored two with the wind and one against it but the run of play was definitely in the end favoured by the wind. A good comeback for the ladies who could have easily folded their tents. No more tears. On to next week.

Chub Rub

Nov 13, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow, interesting game result. Shooters are very lucky to have the best striker in the div (#16 I think?). Without her, they would probably find themselves tied up with the rest of the pack.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, she was a very dangerous player but we finally found a person who could mark her consistently.....the first two players did a good job but let their guard down for a second and were burned. Having said that a few sloppy goals too.

Either way, we came back very well after going down 3 - 1. The majority of our players put full efforts in today.

The Shooters are a good team and they may have been missing a few players but we were missing 3 starters too. However, having played the Renegades last week, I would have to say the Renegades are a little stronger over the whole field and are generally quicker other than number 16.

Well done

Tiocfaidh Ar La

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

See Besty, I didn't have to say anything :p

It was finally nice to contribute in the game today but on a few occassions I did get confused about who I was supposed to pass to :eek:

I enjoyed the game, but most importantly enjoyed the post game pints with the Shooters gals :wa:

+notcryingoverspilledmilkSC :confused:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To play or not to play, that is the question for Dec 3/4

Keeps,

I see the Renegades are pumping up the 'goals for', nice work. Are they pushing for the Premier Div?

I know it's only Tuesday, but I hope the fields allow us to finish up the Fall portion of the season this weekend. It would be nice to go out on a high note :eek: . That and I need some more fitness going into the Holiday Season :eek:

+lurkers,IseeyouSC;)

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I see the Renegades are pumping up the 'goals for'

It was 3-1 before the Renegades scored two late ones against a tired Red Sox backline. The game was not as one-sided as the score suggests.

I hope the fields allow us to finish up the Fall portion of the season this weekend

It's not looking good... :(

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

How was training tonight SC? Sorry I couldn't make it, I'm sure the outfit was outstanding. :)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The outfit topped the Bad Kit Bowling night back in January, that's for sure. :eek:

We worked on; BIGTIME fitness , 1v1s, free kicks, passing techniques, flick ons, diving headers, chest control, one-two wall passing, dummying, injury prevention and treatment, relaxation, better breathing, sport psychology and the mental aspects of the game, then ended with a massive game of Pilots and Gunners

+inotherwords(insertmiddlefingerhere):p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0