Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Sept-Dec 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2005

the visitor's pitch became the new location of game

Given your stated displeasure with the condition of McMath, I'm surprised you wouldn't welcome the change of venue. Of course, the change of day is another story.

The MWSL schedule has/had been up for at least two weeks

Actually it went up last Thursday for games on the Oct.1/2 weekend.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2005

Six of One said:
Given your stated displeasure with the condition of McMath, I'm surprised you wouldn't welcome the change of venue.

Thanks Six, I agree, and Hillcrest is in good shape for the time being. I should let you know the last two home games have been changed from McMath to Minoru Oval (Sept. 24th's game was posted on the MWSL site at the last minute). In short, the other team claimed they weren't aware of the field change and the game started 45 minutes later than scheduled...after a parent went to the original field to inform the visting team of the change.

I do welcome the change of venue...and I believe they are still dealing with the McMath field permits and such (So in this case the MWSL web should just state "Field T.B.A.")

I'll be rusty as nails when I finally get to play a game in 2 weeks (making a total of 3 weeks missed :( )
+SC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Sept/Oct 2005

Club Ireland 1 North Shore Red Sox 1

We started the game very poorly, which was a concern since we hadn't played in 3 weeks, thanks to the Renegades 'postponing' our game before the Thanksgiving break. North Shore pressured all over the field and we were having a difficult time stringing a pass together. On our 4th giveaway in a row(over a 3 minute span) in OUR third of the field, they finally capitalized. Yes, it was an ugly goal but they all count and on top of that, despite being their first chance, deserved to be up 1 - 0. Just over 20 minutes into the half, we started to take control of the game, creating several good chances, which were deflected wide by defenders/goalie. We had 8 corners in the first half, in the last 20 minutes so we were spending a fair amount of time there. Having said that, North Shore had one brilliant counter attack, which led to one of their girls hitting the crossbar from about 15 yards out. Other than that, it just seemed to be a matter of time before we scored.......at least we thought....

The second half was spent in their end. We played some fantastic football in the second half and had the Sox pinned in their end BUT we failed to deliver the final shot. Their keeper made some excellent saves off of scrambles and we just kept missing crosses by the slightest of margins. We threw everything at them but they were clearing the ball off the park when in danger and when they were tired, they went down with an apparent injury, making subs after the injury...........Of course, the ref added nothing at the end because it was raining and it was only womens soccer......... :rolleyes: but not a huge deal........

Finally, we got a break that we really needed. In the last two minutes, the ball was knocked to one of our FOUR strikers at this point, :D who controlled very well(Amber), who in turn played the ball back to a charging Sexual Chocolate, who in turn rifled a 35 yard bullet off the crossbar, off the keepers heed and into the net. As mentioned, it was the least we deserved after so many close calls before it. Of course, there should have been about 3 or 4 minutes of 'injury time' but the ref said he had to go somewhere else quickly. :rolleyes: Thanks for coming out.

A fantastic effort by the Hoops today, after a bollocks of a start. The North Shore team basically relies on three players, and they are very good players. The team works very hard but without Mitch Ring in the squad, they would struggle a bit more probably. Having said that, well done North Shore on a well played game, and we look forward to the rematch.

We play on Tuesday night against the Renegades on Tuesday night at Burnaby Lake Turf at 8:00. Hopefully the girls can adjust to the turf quickly, but I would imagine that both teams will be in the same position.

Tiocfaidh Ar La

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Captain,I heard Sexual's goal looked like a Bend it like Beckham shot!!Great now we have to hear about her Nations cup trophy and now that goal!! :rolleyes: As for the tie way to at least get something at the end.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Conductor said:
Hey Captain,I heard Sexual's goal looked like a Bend it like Beckham shot!!Great now we have to hear about her Nations cup trophy and now that goal!! :rolleyes: As for the tie way to at least get something at the end.

Yes, it was like a Bend it like Beckham shot. :D

As for tonight.........we sucked.........

Club Ireland 1 Westside Renegades 1

Once again the opposing team was ready to play at the start of the game and we were not. We were down 1 - 0 after about 15 minutes and Westside were beating us to every ball and were generally more hungry. We were doing everything wrong that we could do wrong, again mainly due to the outstanding workrate of the Westside team. It was 1 - 0 at the half and deservedly so...

We started out strong in the second half and managed to tie the game up with about 20 minutes to go(I think). But just when I thought Mo was going to be on our side, it switched again and Westside were unlucky not to notch the winner. Absolutely no disrespect to Westside but that was our worst performance of the year. In fact, a lot of it had to do with the fact that Westside won all the individual battles and generally outworked us. That is frustrating. Anyway, hopefully we can get our act together for the weekend and give the Meralomas a good game. Congratulations to the Renegades and hopefully you start getting some results going your way. If you play like you did tonight, that is bound to happen sound. Well done.

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 'A' 4 Meralomas 'A' 2

We absolutely took the piss out of them in the first half. It was really nice to start well after two brutal starts in our last two games, where we gave up goals in the first 15 minutes. This time, we were up by 2 after 15......A great first goal from an almost impossible angle.......and an OG. They had one or two shots from distance in the first half and that was it. We started off strongly again in the second and should have been up by 4, 20 minutes in when we missed a sitter and a one on one with the keeper......Then, time for the ref to get involved........A PHANTOM/MYSTERY call led to a direct free-kick and the girl pelted it into the top corner......2 - 1........We were on our heels for about 10 minutes.....They had a corner and our keeper dropped it inside the six and someone put it in the net. I'm not sure who. By this time, the tackles/pushing from behind was being ignored by the ref. It was slowly getting out of hand. Finally, one of our youth call-ups bolted down the left side was tackled(football style) about 20 yards out on the left flank. Our player knocked a teashing inswinger, which was met at the back post by our outside midfielder to put us up 3 - 2. We took over the game again and managed a 4th after some great work down the right flank, leading to a super pass to the our right midfielder, who had moved inside, who in turn set herself up with a great first touch and the hat-trick goal. I must admit that was frustrating team to play against. They do a lot of their defensive work on the back of the players but the second you do it back, it should be a yellow card against us. To be fair, there were only about 4 or 5 of them who did this........Either way, it was nice to score 4 goals, even though it could and should have been 8.....

Well done to the ladies for bouncing back after a poor performance against the Renegades.....

I think we're back to PCOV again next week, despite not playing the Shooters yet? :confused: We played some nice stuff today but need to continue to improve to try and play a solid 90 minutes.....

Tiocfaidh Ar La

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I find it extremely weird that some teams haven't played each other and some matches are going in their second round... When Club I finally meets the Shooters it should be a great battle and not one to miss.

The field change has proven to be a good one for Club I. I just hope the rocks have been removed for the match tomorrow :mad: What has happened to PCOV? :confused: There's some talent on that team but I see the standings aren't in their favour.

If anyone is in the Hillcrest area on Sunday they might not want to miss the Westside battle. I might go, but that's my only day to sleep in :eek: Plus, the Westside Shooters might have a minger due to recovering from their Halloween bash tonight :D :p

I'd also like to be a spectator when the Meralomas match-up against Vancouver Only. Both teams have proven to be mouth pieces and very physical. I thought this game was about skill, not cheap rugby tactics and jersey pulling:rolleyes: ...but, the reffing could make or break this game.

+Good luck to everyone who plays this weekend

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wasn't there for the Vancouver Only game but certainly any time the 'Lomas step onto the field the reffing can make or break the game for them. That is if they have a dough-head for a ref they will likely succeed but if they have someone who blows his/her whistle every once in a while they may have trouble.

Shooters/Renegades should be a good game if the Renegades keep up their recent good form.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 0 PCOV 1

We played very well for about 20 minutes in the first half and managed to miss 3 SUPERLATIVE chances......Right before half, literally on the last play of the half, they score on a bit of a gaff at the back.

We had several more good chances in the second half but nothing came of them. It certainly is a funny old game at the end of the day. :D Overall, a poor performance but PCOV worked very throughout the game. Well done, ladies.

As usual, scoring goals continues to be our problem, but we're also managing to GIVE goals away like we have in 4 successive games.......:(

Oh well, we will move on from here to the Vancouver Only.........

Hail Hail

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's nice to see PCOV turn themselves around and build on their stats. ;) It was also an amazingly gorgeous day for footy with a bit of a sour note on the finish... :eek:

Happy Halloweening everyone :bronco:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Pretty shocking result for Club I to say the least. At first I thought it was a typo.

Westside Shooters 3 : 3 Westside Renegades

Just about all I can say is that from a fan's point of view, what a great game this was! Both teams came right out today and battled really hard for the points. The conditions were wet and mucky which made for numerous and spectacular slide-tackles, and at in the 2nd when it became 3:3 it looked like it was going to turn into a real barn burner.

1:0 Shooters
1:1
2:1 Renegades
2:2
3:2 Shooters
3:3

It just went back and forth all game, although the Renegades seemed to have a just that little bit more desire to go for the win at the end and had a bit more pressure towards the finish. Unlucky on a goal called back as well (offside), as it could have been a win for the R's. I think both teams can be happy with the point, though -- they all played their guts out.

Regardless, the real winners were the spectators. What an exciting game!

Stay tuned for some pictures. If I get my sh!t together, maybe they'll be up by tomorrow night. (Wallowing in cold medication at the moment)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Sept/Oct/Nov 2005

Club Ireland 2 Vancouver Only 1...

The green hoops deserved the win today.

Well played for the visitors, all 11 of them:wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, it was a gritty win by the girls. We just had 11 thanks to our youth players game being moved forward 2 hours.... :mad: We played some nice football on the turf today but were level at 0 - 0 at the half. We were carrying the play when the got a free-kick from about 40 yards out. The ball was crossed to the middle where one of their strikers headed the ball to another teammate who was no less than 3 yards offside. I was right on the line. Of course for some reason, the ref decided to be just outside the center circle despite it being a dead ball???????/ :confused: Anyway, we kept plauding away and were rewarded with the equalizer about 12 minutes from time on a nice through ball of a free-kick. Our second goal came with 6 minutes left after some great pressure from our strikers......ball ended up being walloped of our forward and it blooped into the net. Yes, a little fortunate but that's what hard work does I guess. Great bounce back performance from the ladies after last week's weak effort against PCOV. Next up, a Thursday night social. :D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club I is looking a bit thin for the match-up on Saturday. :( No prediction here.

Is it too early to predict the field conditions? :confused:

H: Meralomas A
V: North Shore Red Sox
I dunno, it's a tough call b/c these teams have experience on their side. It could come down to the physical aspect of the game...or the ref again :rolleyes:

H: Westside Shooters
V: PCOV
If PCOV play the way they did a few weeks back they could catch Westside standing on their heels. I hope to see a few of them at Tiff stag on Sat night, and only then will I be able to predict the outcome of the game. :p Right Renne? ;)

H: Vancouver Only
V: Westside Renegades

Van Only will be on their own turf, but this is sure to be a gritty game. If Westside can find the net they will take this one. Watch out for Van Only's long shots ladies.

Good luck to everyone who plays this weekend :)
+SC

Chub Rub

Nov 13, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside Renegades 3 Vancouver Only 1

It was a boring game for the players and fans. Vancouver Only had only 10 players and played the offside trap all the way up to the centre line. Westside had many opportunities to exploit the offside trap but had difficulty passing and chipping it through. Westside was happy to get the much needed 3 points but probably nobody went home feeling satisfied with the level of play. At least the cookies were great.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Chubby (yeah, right!),

Agreed. Good cookies -- I only wish I took two. :p

Not a bad game, although it was a bit disappointing to see Westside unable to capitalize further on V.O.'s offside trap late in the game. Granted, I believe the ref had it out for your squad -- maybe it was something Gill said :) -- he was simply calling everything offside regardless of whether it was or not. Half the time I think he was just guessing, and the other half, assuming.

Well played yesterday, and nice to see you show up on TTP!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
Granted, I believe the ref had it out for your squad -- maybe it was something Gill said :) -- he was simply calling everything offside regardless of whether it was or not. Half the time I think he was just guessing, and the other half, assuming.

Wow, sounds like the same dude who ref'd the week before. Was there a lady on the sidelines defending the referee anytime someone complained??? :confused: She was busy telling someone's dad to 'grow up', meanwhile she was whining worse than anyone out there. :eek:
I believe she's on (or supports) Van Only.

Also, did those cookies happen to be from Emily's family bakery...I'll always remember those...mmmmmmmmmmmcookies......

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Renegades 3 Club Ireland 0

Before Captain and Keeper get on here :rolleyes:

Renegades handed out a real spanking and wake up call to Club I today. It's nice to see the ladies pick up their points in scoring stats (unfort. on the wrong team :( ). Well done to Amber P who finished some lovely balls rippling the back of the net (off basic set plays).

Keeper, please refrain from posting any photos of the Club I ladies, the team doesn't deserve the recognition. It was all Westside today :cool:

+withagooseeggedkneefromtheirkeeperSC :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0