Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - Sept-Dec 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 1 Predictions

West Group
Westside Renegades v Westside Shooters
North Shore Red Sox v Burnaby Canadians A
Vancouver Only v Meralomas A
PCOV v Club Ireland A

East Group
Valley United FC A v SBAA Ajax A
SBAA Strikers v Metroford Eclipse
Coquitlam City United v Sapperton Rovers
Surdel Kaizen v Surdel FC

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Selects] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2005

Keeper, I think you might be a bit off on a few of those predictions ;) ...

North Shore is supposedly stronger this year, the other Westside squad has some experienced talent and can finish the ball. Vancouver Only could be surprising to start but I'm not sure if they have sorted out the right direction/leadership yet. Valley United might struggle until they get their college/uni players in. You just never know with Metroford as they always seem to be lost in the mix. The Sapperton team is a new'er' crew/club, but it could take some time for them to 'gel' . With the Surrey teams, some talent has been told they didn't have room for them so they've ventured out. Having said that, the girls may have stayed within their community :confused:

Good luck to everyone this season, I look forward to playing against some talented teams :)

+SC

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I won't/can't say much about PCOV or Club Ireland. I'll know more after I watch the game :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 1 PCOV 0

Our 12 girls played very well today, and SC did a great job between the pipes. :D It was a game which didn't produce a lot of chances but I thought we created a few more than PCOV. They certainly have some good athletes on their team and it made for a good battle throughout. All 3 defenders for us today will be away next week thanks to weddings. What is it with people getting married during the soccer season? ;) Anyway, we'll see what we can do against Vancouver Only who drew with the Meralomas today. Congrats to PCOV on a well played game. On a sour note, the ref was ****ing horrible. Have a great week everyone.

Hail Hail

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeping on that sour note, any word on a field change for McMath? I'd like to send the city my photos of the pitch... It's not going to be good once everyone else discovers that the holes have been filled with dead grass to make it look like it is grass... :mad:

+nobrokenanklespleaseSC :mad:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I just went by McMath and there were no goal posts (4pm Friday afternoon). What are the chances of them getting up by 11am tomorrow morning? I don't think city workers will do it, unless they are promised 'overtime'. Perhaps that's why they haven't been done yet :confused: .

On a side note, with this recent rain the grass has slipped away and the holes are more noticable than ever :mad:

Perhaps we can put some posts up at the dump...because that's how I feel we're being treated :eek:

+NopredictionsthisweekendSC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SC said:
I just went by McMath and there were no goal posts (4pm Friday afternoon). What are the chances of them getting up by 11am tomorrow morning? I don't think city workers will do it, unless they are promised 'overtime'. Perhaps that's why they haven't been done yet :confused: .

On a side note, with this recent rain the grass has slipped away and the holes are more noticable than ever :mad:

Perhaps we can put some posts up at the dump...because that's how I feel we're being treated :eek:

+NopredictionsthisweekendSC

SC,

Just because of you constant nagging, I mean concern for the condition of the pitch, we've decided to move it to the Minoru Oval. ;) :D Nice work, Richmond! :(

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 2 - Vancouver Only 1

A win is a win... :eek:

+theeversoshockingSC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good analysis, SC. We didn't play one of our better games but managed to go up by 2, only to have them score in the last minute on a scramble from a corner kick. Our defense and keeper played very well today but we were disjointed throughout the game. Hopefully next week, we'll have everyone available for the first time this year. I think we will :D

Hail Hail

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Which analysis 'eversoshocking' or 'a win is a win' comment? :eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 'A' 3 Burnaby Canadians 'A' 1

Apparently, Club Ireland played a fantastic first half going up 3 - 0 at the interval. The girls took the foot off the pedal a bit in the second half and allowed a goal. Again, I can't comment as it was information which was passed on to me. Well done the ladies in Hoops.

TAL

Hail Hail

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper,

I wonder if you can field this one, since you might have the inside track here: The MWSL schedule has/had been up for at least two weeks with our next game scheduled for Saturday Oct. 1st against the Westside Renegades. The game was changed to Sunday Oct. 2nd not only disregarding that our home games are on Saturdays, but the visitor's pitch became the new location of game.

I heard a rumor that Westside isn't available to field a team for Oct. 1st. If this is true and they've known for at least two weeks, am I wrong in saying this could be considered a 'default'? The schedule now states that the game is 'cancelled' but why... when Westside's home opener was played on a Saturday only two weeks ago?

I wonder if it will be rescheduled/replayed sometime/somewhere :confused:

+SC

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

To be completely honest, I only discovered this last night.

First off, let me just say that I'm pleasantly surprised that the website now has a schedule posted all the way to Christmas (for Selects anyways).

Second, I think "cancelled" was the wrong word to use by the web-techie person. It should probably say "postponed", although I don't know what the reason is. However, is it not the league's perogative to change the status of a game one week ahead of time? Hell, if they can change the time/location of a game on a whim and expect teams to keep themselves updated (see the warning posted on the website) I'm sure they have no problem with postponing games.

Besides, it should all depend on when contact was made with the league (if indeed it is due to Westside not being able to field a team). I know first hand that the Westside coach is totally on top of things, so I'm sure he would have informed the league with ample time -- it's probably just the website that made the change at "the last minute".

Third, as for the earlier change of time/location -- I have no idea. I never noticed that.

I'm positive it'll be replayed.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
To be completely honest, I only discovered this last night.

First off, let me just say that I'm pleasantly surprised that the website now has a schedule posted all the way to Christmas (for Selects anyways).

Second, I think "cancelled" was the wrong word to use by the web-techie person. It should probably say "postponed", although I don't know what the reason is. However, is it not the league's perogative to change the status of a game one week ahead of time? Hell, if they can change the time/location of a game on a whim and expect teams to keep themselves updated (see the warning posted on the website) I'm sure they have no problem with postponing games.

Besides, it should all depend on when contact was made with the league (if indeed it is due to Westside not being able to field a team). I know first hand that the Westside coach is totally on top of things, so I'm sure he would have informed the league with ample time -- it's probably just the website that made the change at "the last minute".

Third, as for the earlier change of time/location -- I have no idea. I never noticed that.

I'm positive it'll be replayed.

Keeper,

The scheduler told me via e-mail that the Renegades could not field a team on Saturday, as they didn't have enough notice. Therefore, they moved the game to Sunday at 12:00 at the Renegades home field. Unfortunately, a very important piece was ignored in this whole process....asking us if it was okay to move this game time and day AND location. We said we couldn't make it on Sunday at 12:00(Our other team is scheduled for that exact time) and we would have had players unavailable. Once again, it was a cokc up somewhere. The league has known since day one that we play on Saturdays and the Renegades were supposed to know that too.....Anyway, I guess we'll have to make it up some time.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well that might explain where I may have heard the rumor :confused:.

On another note, I'm still puzzled that some games are still scheduled on McMath. Perhaps the field will be in tip top shape come Oct. 22nd :rolleyes: .

I hear the new Brighouse grass field in Richmond is the best field to be scheduled on...Terra Nova is still way too hard :eek:

+safetyinspectorSC

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

SC,just to confirm with you Brighouse is a good field,especially for the ladies in there late 20's early 30's as it's a bit smaller but in great shape!!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Captain,

Noted -- thanks for the info. My primary source of information is 2nd hand via the Renegades most skilled and hottest player, :knvb: and she's not always a "detail" kind of person.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

she's not always a "detail" kind of person.
That explains quite a bit I suppose why she's married at this point. German? Who?

:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I believe her exact words were, "Yeah, yeah, sure, alright."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens