Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter - October '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome Wagon said:
Hey Choker,

When do they tell us if the game has been cancelled?? Do we at least get some notice or do we have to go to the field and find out then???

WW

I usually look online on Saturday after 1. or big Jimbo or Teddy Ruxpin should call...

choke

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nah, kinsmen closes on friday night for the weekend if it is raining...YUP game cancelled.
Chokester, what are you dressing up as for halloween? Oh I know, a good soccer player...OOOOOhhh. JK luv ya. call me.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Ouch...sounds like a bit of a spanking!

I missed the first 15-20 minutes of the first half but Richmond actually created more chances than UBC in the last 25 minutes. The second half it seemed that Richmond just didn't have the fitness to keep up and there were a few 'bounces' which went UBC's way. After the 3rd goal, Richmond basically gave up.......I had to leave with about 10 minutes to go. Having watched Surrey United and UBC, I would have to say that Surrey United, at this time, is definitely a stronger team............but UBC might be missing players?????

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got back from the Coq/Norvan game. 1-1 at half. Then Coq dominated us and they won 5-1. Good first half but again, Norvan disappeared in the second. I'll try to put my head up and move on to next week... oh we have a BYE! yay

AND no more Coq this year :) . We have played them twice but have not played poco or richmond.. mmm ?

How was the Slurrey/Westside nutmegs ? SC weren't you lining?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey was missing a lot of players and it wasn't their best game that's for sure.

SU 4 - Westside 0. Westside had some good chances and held them for quite a while. Shannon did well in the pipes for Westside then the entire team just ran out of steam :( .

Keep your head up Westside, you're bound to gel sometime :)

Off for another blow dry :eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What kind of sacred field does Poco Premier have? Does the city close it down at the slightest chance of rain? It's now the beginning of November and they've only played three games!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper.
If you check the schedule, you'd see that they have had 2 bye's and an AWAY game cancelled. Had nothing to do with their field.
Just great scheduling from the league.

2 byes in the first 2 months of the season
:rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for that.

I wouldn't have ever considered a team would have had both byes already. That's nuts.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Surrey was missing a lot of players and it wasn't their best game that's for sure.

SU 4 - Westside 0. Westside had some good chances and held them for quite a while. Shannon did well in the pipes for Westside then the entire team just ran out of steam :( .

Keep your head up Westside, you're bound to gel sometime :)

Off for another blow dry :eek:

C'mon SC admit it - the team didn't have their best game because they were missing ME!! :D (That is what's called arrogance Funbox ;) )

I can't believe that the new female referee SC was lining our game and I wasn't there to see it. Man it would have been fun to give her the gears every time she made a bad call - which was probably a lot. :p Sorry I missed it SC. :(

Norvan - what's going on?!? 14 goals against in your last 2 games with 11 of them coming in the second half! Maybe Choker and Funbox are running themselves a little thin playing two games in a weekend. ;) Enjoy the bye week ladies and be sure to work on your defending during that time J/K!!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Having watched Surrey United and UBC, I would have to say that Surrey United, at this time, is definitely a stronger team............but UBC might be missing players?????

Captain, thanks for the compliment... I think :confused:

I personally think that we are the better team but I may be a little biased. ;)
The only thing to go by so far is how each team fared against the other member of the Big 3 - Coquitlam. UBC lost 2-1 a couple of weeks ago while SU won 2-0 last Friday. Seems like Surrey has the advantage. :D

But, we'll have to wait until Nov. 27th to find out for sure as Surrey and UBC don't meet up until then. Odd that we will have played almost everybody twice before meeting UBC, but that's just how the sked goes in the MWSL. :rolleyes:

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
C'mon SC admit it - the team didn't have their best game because they were missing ME!! :D (That is what's called arrogance Funbox ;) )

I can't believe that the new female referee SC was lining our game and I wasn't there to see it. Man it would have been fun to give her the gears every time she made a bad call - which was probably a lot. :p Sorry I missed it SC. :(

Norvan - what's going on?!? 14 goals against in your last 2 games with 11 of them coming in the second half! Maybe Choker and Funbox are running themselves a little thin playing two games in a weekend. ;) Enjoy the bye week ladies and be sure to work on your defending during that time J/K!!

Actually, it's three times a weekend if you count indoor as well.[Choker I'll see you tonight, my friend likes you...call me.] NM's, tell me about it...I think I am starting to get chronic neck pains from watching the ball fly into the net.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funbox said:
Actually, it's three times a weekend if you count indoor as well.[Choker I'll see you tonight, my friend likes you...call me.] NM's, tell me about it...I think I am starting to get chronic neck pains from watching the ball fly into the net.

Hey Funbox, why are you watching the ball fly into the net?? Aren't you supposed to try and save it?? :D. Just joking baby!!

I think the reason our team has done so poorly in the past few games is for a few reasons. First of all, our turnouts at practice are pathetic. Last week we had 4 people show up and each week fewer and fewer people are showing up. Also, some people like to show up to our games really hungover. Maybe they are able to play ok in the first half but when the second half roles around more often than not they are spent and we go from the attacking team to the team who is constantly under attack, and we are also constantly caught with odd man rushes. Also, I don't know if this is the case but maybe fitness is an issue. Maybe that is why our team is able to play well in the first half and then completely collapses in the second half. Lastly, I doubt this is true but maybe some players got way too overconfident after our first few games. Seeing as the season is only beginning I don't know why anyone would feel overconfident, especially after our past few games.

As for the scheduling, it is so bad this year. We have another bye next weekend, and we have already played Coquitlam 2 times but have yet to play Richmond and Poco. And our 9:30am game time is a little drastic, especially for those who do not live in North Van.

Poco plays on turf, it is a decent field, but for some reason they never get to play on it. And Kinsman, our field is the worst field in the league by far. The grass is a mile long, the field is lopsided and the turf in the 6 yard box is so painful to slide on. Funbox, how does it feel diving on that turf game after game???

Anyway, I think Norvan has the potential to be far better than our past few games. So we need to get our shite together ASAP.

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Captain, thanks for the compliment... I think :confused:

I personally think that we are the better team but I may be a little biased. ;)
The only thing to go by so far is how each team fared against the other member of the Big 3 - Coquitlam. UBC lost 2-1 a couple of weeks ago while SU won 2-0 last Friday. Seems like Surrey has the advantage. :D

But, we'll have to wait until Nov. 27th to find out for sure as Surrey and UBC don't meet up until then. Odd that we will have played almost everybody twice before meeting UBC, but that's just how the sked goes in the MWSL. :rolleyes:

The first thing I said after the Coq/Norvan game was "Slurrey is WAY better than Coq" so u have my vote Nutmegs.

I think we had a few bad coaching decisions in our game vs Coq. We were fine the way we were then he switched it all up.. in order to get some div 1 players in there. They are div 1.. who cares.

WW - I was NOT at practice on Wednesday AND I showed up hungover on Sunday.. oooopssssy :D but I can still run a marathon...

Funbox - catcha tonight. let's get tipsy, call me

choke

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Choker,

I totally agree with you. Things were working great in the first half. We had a totally different line-up in the second and it definetly showed. We had a really strong first half but once again we were completely overwhelmed in the second half. I don't know about you, but having 3-4 checks to mark is not overly fun, and that is how it was in the second half. It seemed like some people totally gave up. Normally we keep our subbing to a minimum so I don't know why last game was different. It almost felt like, um, let me think..............like POCO SUBBING!!!!! :D There Nutmegs, had to get a monthly Poco joke in there, and from what I hear this year from an inside source certain playtime issues are causing some unhappiness amongst the team. Keep your heads up to those who are upset, hopefully things will improve.

Choker, you are forgiven for missing practice. PMS headaches are no fun. But hey, at least you know you are not pregnant!!!!! :D

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I one hundred percent agree with both of you, there is major potential there. Truthfully, we are not willing to work for each other.There is no drive or motivation to risk ourselves for one another. You see little bits here and there, but a game is 90 mins!! NOT 45! I also want to throw out the idea of a couple coaching mistakes made with subsitutes in the second. And as for the playing on the turf comment, I actually love it, if you keep the ball in front of you on wet days, it is much better then grass for a goalie [well me anyways] because it is totally predictable, no scary bounces off of a dip here or there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0