Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter - October '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New month, new thread....

Let's hear about some of the results from this weekend - I am very interested in hearing what happened in the UBC - Norvan match-up...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even more interesting Poco 1 - Coquitlam 1.
Best result they've had against Coquitlam since WW left!

Apparently from what i heard Coquitlams goal was a PK that was a little shady. Two girls battling for a spot at the top of the box for the PK follow up and ref blew the whistle 2 times to get them to stop and the girl shot the PK and scored. Ref wasn't man enough to call it back so just gave it to them.
But don't take my word for it, i exagerate everything. :)

Mrs. Yoda's first game back and a great result although Coquitlam is missing a few key players on the sideline. Nonetheless a great result and confidence booster. Too bad they have next weekend off.

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC & Norvan - it was a fun game to watch. WW was definitely the player of the match holding their forwards off the scoresheet. How many times did she get "player of the match" when she played for Poco, Yoda?

How was your bye Nutmegs?

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Choker....let's get things straight here. The game was not fun to watch... it was completley boring. Second, the score was 2-1 so they were not kept off the score sheet.Third...I think player of the match should have gone to you for the way you laid out atleast 2 of their players in the second half without even looking back. Oh and also for your brilliant passbacks, I am pretty sure I haven't ever gotten one from you without it being a toe poke or having a nasty bounce. LOL thanks again pal. EAT a _____ and choke CHOKER. Luv ya,call me.Captain Shamrock sold me out, so we will do sushi.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Choker,

I thought our game was quite bad. We were pretty disorganized in general but finally put it together for the final 25 or so minutes which was a little too late. I thought it made a big difference when we put CM in center mid in the second half as we were getting absolutely brutalized in the midfield for a lot of the game. They had far too much time and I don't really think anyone on our team had an outstanding game. It was certainly our worst game so far this year. Oh well, too bad we don't have another game for a few weeks.

UBC had a couple of young players who impressed me. Caitlyn (sp??) was really good and has lots of composure for someone that young, and the fact that she is so tall doesn't hurt either.

Poco's result against Coquitlam is quite impressive. Hopefully they will continue down that path and get some good results for the duration of the season.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutmegs,

When are you guys leaving for Nationals?? Good luck, I hope you guys win. You totally should. Also, be sure to come back nice and tired because we play you the following week :D

WW

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
How many times did she get "player of the match" when she played for Poco, Yoda?

I'm biased here because i would pick misses Yoda as POTM every week. But i'm sure WW had some good games............sometime throughout the season.
;)

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome Wagon said:
Nutmegs,

When are you guys leaving for Nationals?? Good luck, I hope you guys win. You totally should. Also, be sure to come back nice and tired because we play you the following week :D

WW

Our team leaves on Tuesday. I am already in Calgary visiting my sister and getting acclimatized to the weather - drier than Vancouver but definitely colder.

And don't worry about the game against you in two weeks. Last year when we came back the league had us play two games in three nights - Coquitlam on Sunday and Norvan on Tuesday - and we won them both. ;)

At least this year the league was smart enough and gave us a bye the weekend before we left (since we do play 5 games in 6 days). :rolleyes:

I am surprised at the Coquitlam - Poco result especially considering we played Coq in an exhibition on Wednesday and they looked like the Coquitlam of last year. Although Roz was hit by a sniper and may have missed the match this weekend. Congrats to Poco on the point - especially to Petey!!

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
"UBC & Norvan - it was a fun game to watch. WW was definitely the player of the match holding their forwards off the scoresheet. How many times did she get "player of the match" when she played for Poco, Yoda?"

Choker,

Nice try there. That was definetly the worst game I have played in quite a long time. You kept it real though with a few stellar toe punts and the time you and I nearly ran into eachother was pretty fun too!! :D

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WW - awh come on, you played pretty well. My toe punts always liven up the game. Our div 1 game was even better. A goal and a yellow.. i'm sure funbox will post in Div 1 thread. Hey funbox did you get the ref's number? we should definitely do sushi.

Nutmegs - Yah good luck at nationals!!! Bring it home

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Choker...I won't even mention the Gunners game tonight...BUT I would like to know what happened in the Coq- POCO game? Lionheart....any details?

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coq-poco tie game finished the way it should of ended. They got a crappy PK call in the first half but they didn't have too many on net shots through out the game. Poco's goal was excellent (ofcourse) a volley to top left corner. Majority of the game was played in the middle of the park with pheobe and hicks whining and complaining the entire game. Always a rough physical game when you play coq.
Good Luck to surrey u, megs and kvale at nationals. You guys looked excellent and in the best shape ever. Those doggies after games are paying off.

Can't wait to eat some turkey this weekend.

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah Norvan played amazing today, KILLED surrey 8-1. HOLY shite were they lacking...oh wait hold on...that was my dream last night. HEY choker and WW, does you ass hurt as much as mine from that spanking?

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice dream...

my arse only hurts from that UBC/Norvan party we had awhile back.. fun times. maybe i should change my name to "fun box"

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funbox said:
Yah Norvan played amazing today, KILLED surrey 8-1. HOLY shite were they lacking...oh wait hold on...that was my dream last night. HEY choker and WW, does you ass hurt as much as mine from that spanking?

Actually, my back hurts a lot more than my ass when I nearly snapped it in half early in the game, and my calves hurt too from a few good hacks from Nutmegs :D. But our asses were severly beaten today from that performance. Absolutely horrible. Next time will be another story though, hopefully our players have enough pride never to do that again, and our system will be far different as I think all the goals came the exact same way.

Surrey played really well and our team was rather appalling, for the most part, which resulted in that brutal score. Hey Nutmegs, how did you guys ever manage to lose to PEI??

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what was the actual score of Surrey vs NorVan?
Poco 1 - Richmond 3.
More to come on this game later.
;)

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
nice dream...

my arse only hurts from that UBC/Norvan party we had awhile back.. fun times. maybe i should change my name to "fun box"

HAHA. Strictly dickly choker...but whatever floats your canoe, and with you, I use the term 'canoe' very LOOSELY.

No seriously Yoda we lost count... I can honestly tell you it was probably over 8...and I know we scored 1. hip hip hooray.

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Yoda what happened with the Poco game? I believe we play them next week. Is Richmond that good?????

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really no. Poco is just having troubles scoring goals and they got a few unlucky bounces.

Although i've heard a few things about the coach that are pretty shocking. How is he still coaching in this league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0