Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter - October '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
And don't worry about the game against you in two weeks. Last year when we came back the league had us play two games in three nights - Coquitlam on Sunday and Norvan on Tuesday - and we won them both.
I tried to warn you about us having good games when we get back from Nationals but you didn't listen and obviously weren't prepared for us. :p

Funbox said:
No seriously Yoda we lost count... I can honestly tell you it was probably over 8...and I know we scored 1. hip hip hooray.
Actually it was 9-1. I'm surprised you lost count Funbox.... although it didn't look like you were having much fun in your box yesterday. :D

Welcome Wagon said:
Surrey played really well and our team was rather appalling, for the most part, which resulted in that brutal score. Hey Nutmegs, how did you guys ever manage to lose to PEI??
Thanks for the compliment about our game yesterday, WW - we know how rare it is that you compliment somebody on here :eek:

But in response to your comment about PEI, I assume it would be the same way in which Coq city lost to you ;) We came out flat, underestimated them, but pulled it together at half, came out and were all over them in the second half. Unfortunately, unlike our game against you, the ball just wouldn't go in the net. ;)

Oh and by the way, I only whacked you once in the first half. After that we had so much more ball control and possession than you guys that we never really had to fight to get it back. :p

OK enough picking on NorVan. Yesterday's game was definitely fun to play, but we have another big game against Coquitlam on Friday.

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah Nutmegs, you guys did play well yesterday. How many goals did you get? I bet it could have been 10-1 if the ref played that extra 5 minutes!!!

thx for NOT whacking me nutmegs

choker out..

sweeper16

Sep 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would anyone happen to know if a Crystal Hinks plays for Coquitlam? I saw her play last year, but it was a div 3 summer team. Just wondering how well she does playing up at a level that she is probably used to.
seemed to odd to see her play Div 3. but whatever..

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
I tried to warn you about us having good games when we get back from Nationals but you didn't listen and obviously weren't prepared for us. :p

Actually it was 9-1. I'm surprised you lost count Funbox.... although it didn't look like you were having much fun in your box yesterday. :D

Thanks for the compliment about our game yesterday, WW - we know how rare it is that you compliment somebody on here :eek:

But in response to your comment about PEI, I assume it would be the same way in which Coq city lost to you ;) We came out flat, underestimated them, but pulled it together at half, came out and were all over them in the second half. Unfortunately, unlike our game against you, the ball just wouldn't go in the net. ;)

Oh and by the way, I only whacked you once in the first half. After that we had so much more ball control and possession than you guys that we never really had to fight to get it back. :p

OK enough picking on NorVan. Yesterday's game was definitely fun to play, but we have another big game against Coquitlam on Friday.

Nutmegs... ;) :D <---- these guys dont make the comments look any less arrogant.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TEAM GP W L T F A +/- PTS
Surrey United A 5 5 0 0 20 1 19 15
Sportstown UBC Alumni 5 4 1 0 17 5 12 12
Coquitlam City FC 6 3 2 1 11 7 4 10
Norvan/NSGSC FC 4 2 2 0 7 10 -3 6
Richmond Selects 4 1 3 0 7 14 -7 3
Poco Premier 3 0 2 1 1 11 -10 1
Bye 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Westside FC 5 0 5 0 3 18 -15 0
You know your team must be bad when Team Bye gets ranked ahead of you!! :rolleyes: Went and checked out the Surrey and Coquitlam game on friday night and was very impressed with the amount of fans that turned out.Was a pretty good game with both teams missing some key players.Surrey was deserving of the win IMO!!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funbox said:
Nutmegs... ;) :D <---- these guys dont make the comments look any less arrogant.

It's not arrogance. It's the name of the website you are posting on. I am Taking The Piss.

As for our game on Friday, as always it was a spirited affair and I couldn't believe the number of people watching. IMO there was more fans at that game than we played Coq in the provincial final. It was definitely proof that Friday night games provide a great atmostphere!!

No result for the Poco-Norvan matchup on the MWSL site. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from Welcome Wagon about the game against her former team and favourite whipping boy. :D
Perhaps silence means it didn't go well?!?

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ha Ha Nutmegs... no posting from WW because the game got cancelled. Who knows why.. but it said on the website that we were to play on "AW" so both coaches agreed not to play... oh well.. sunday sleep in... sooo good

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
No result for the Poco-Norvan matchup on the MWSL site. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from Welcome Wagon about the game against her former team and favourite whipping boy. :D

I take that back. ;) Looking at the website, the game was scheduled for Kinsman and knowing that stadium the game was probably cancelled even though it barely rained this weekend. :rolleyes:

BTW...What is with a 9am kick-off in North Van?!? :eek: I am not looking forward to when we play in Norvan next!

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:

Nutmegs,

I have no favorite whipping boy, if you are referring to "Petey" that is. He's cool. I do have a few hot guys though at my gym who I would like to whip :D . I was looking forward to playing Poco though, so hopefully it will be made up soon.

As for our field. It is a piece of crap. I cannot stand it. It didn't even rain very much at all this week and the game was cancelled so I am sure this Sunday's game will be called off too since it is supposed to rain all week long. I don't know why we don't just pay for the turf instead. And the 9am kickoff is horrible, and I live only 15 seconds away from the field. I can't imagine driving all the way out from Surrey.

Your game on Friday night definetly did have a lot of fans. You had a few nice shots, one off the crossbar if I do recall, but you guys certainly didn't finish as many chances against them as you did against us, you guys didn't miss any against us at all. Could have been that in certain areas on the field you had all the time in the world to control the ball and shoot. You guys are definetly stacked though.

Well, hopefully we play next weekend so I will have more to report, hopefully news this time.

WW

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome Wagon said:
Nutmegs,
I have no favorite whipping boy, if you are referring to "Petey" that is. He's cool. I do have a few hot guys though at my gym who I would like to whip :D .
Wow - I don't even want to touch that. :D I didn't mean Pete I just meant the team in general as a "whipping boy" which means you pick on them a lot - no sexual innuendo implied. You Norvan girls really like to make this thread exciting don't you?

Welcome Wagon said:
And the 9am kickoff is horrible, and I live only 15 seconds away from the field. I can't imagine driving all the way out from Surrey.
Actually nobody on our team really lives in Surrey but we are still proud to be Slurrey Girls!! :wa:

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Wow - I don't even want to touch that. :D I didn't mean Pete I just meant the team in general as a "whipping boy" which means you pick on them a lot - no sexual innuendo implied. You Norvan girls really like to make this thread exciting don't you?

Nutmegs,

I just assumed that you meant Pete because of the term "whipping boy." And I threw in a sexual innuendo to liven things up a little. Yes, the Norvan girls can be a wee bit perverted at times, ie, Funbox and Choker, their names say it all!! :D

I don't actually pick on Poco players in general, I just made a few remarks here and there about the subbing, and things like that which I certainly didn't like when I was on the team. I never made that a big secret at all when I was there, and it was not just me who felt that way. Current and past players felt/feel the same way too. And I also made a few inside jokes that only current and former Poco players understood. No personal slags against anyone, as they are all nice enough people, and I don't think any other coaches or managers put in as much time or were as organized as the Strattons. As you said, it is TTP, so a little piss taking is in order sometimes.

WW

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
It's not arrogance. It's the name of the website you are posting on. I am Taking The Piss.

As for our game on Friday, as always it was a spirited affair and I couldn't believe the number of people watching. IMO there was more fans at that game than we played Coq in the provincial final. It was definitely proof that Friday night games provide a great atmostphere!!

And I believe I was taking the piss out of you. ;)

Change of subject...I can't believe how many fans come out to watch Coquitlam play!! It's awesome.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our club actually promotes these Friday night games so that our youth players, parents and so on will come out and support our team.

Of course it didn't hurt that our technical director was playing for the Dark Side. She scored too. Frankly, I think we should threaten to fire her before the next game. ;)

And let's face it, having had the luxury of being part of the coaching staff in Coquitlam's earlier incarnation (Burnaby Canadians), the Surrey United vs. Coquitlam City/Burnaby matches are almost always great matches - some even classics (2002 Provincial Cup final). I think these teams actually get a real hate-on for each other during the games, but put it aside once the final whistle blows. That's the way it should be.

Coquitlam was missing Phebe which takes away alot of the punch on the attack. It also meant we didn't get to see another classic battle between Andy and Phebes.

Friday night soccer is here to stay. Hope other teams buy into this. It's good for the game and for the league.

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm bored

My predictions for this weekend are as follows:

Richmond / UBC - UBC
Norvan/Coq City at Kinsman - rained out
Westside/Surrey at Hillcrest - rained out

does that sound about right..

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Choker,

When do they tell us if the game has been cancelled?? Do we at least get some notice or do we have to go to the field and find out then???

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
Westside/Surrey at Hillcrest - rained out

I hope not, I'm lining that game :rolleyes:
Richmond / UBC
Look out Richmond, I hear that Tiff has been on fire these days :wa: too bad she won't be drunk until after the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0