Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Premier 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds good.....Will you be playing the Richmond team anytime soon? I will definitely come and watch that game, as long as our game doesn't start at the same time....

BTW, K-vale, wouldn't you enjoy playing Saturday games more? ;)

Captain

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promises. promises, promises....Captain.

Didn't you say you were going to come watch one of our PCSL games this past summer? And of course this time you choose to supposedly come see the game that I won't be at.

We play the Richmond team this coming Sunday (not sure the time but it doesn't matter to me cause I won't be there). I'm sure SU will score a ton of goals b/c it seems like we can only score them when it's not all that important (i.e. not in big games). Anyways it was a disappointing loss to the Coquitlam Canadians but the season is still young. And to k-vale7 this site is called TTP for a reason and I'm sure your "vantage point" comment was all in good fun.

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crappy weekend for Semi.

What else is new!

1st Team........LOST
Surf................LOST
Strikers..........LOST
Sharks...........Unsure as of yet but pretty sure LOST

Hopefully some new blood for next weeks game will help out the first team. Promotion for the 1st team is now looking more realistic for next year unless we can post some huge results and quick.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Bravedart
Crappy weekend for Semi.

What else is new!

1st Team........LOST

Promotion for the 1st team is now ***looking more realistic*** for next year unless we can post some huge results and quick.

This post is contradictory. How can your team even look for a more realistic "promotion"? :confused:

+SC:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you record it for me, K-vale?

Unfortunately, our second division team is playing at 10:00 in Vancouver, and it is against one of the other undefeated teams. A big game to say the least. Can you move it until 12:00 please? Our other team plays at 2:00 at Terra Nova. Good luck.

Division 2B GP W L T F A "+ -" PTS
Club Ireland A 3 3 0 0 7 0 7 9
Shamrock Rovers 3 3 0 0 7 2 5 9
Kerrisdale Spurs 3 3 0 0 7 3 4 9
Richmond Rumble 3 1 2 0 8 5 3 3
North Shore Sharks 3 1 2 0 4 5 -1 3
Delta Speed 3 1 2 0 4 7 -3 3
Semiahmoo Surf 3 0 3 0 1 6 -5 0
Musqueam Blues 3 0 3 0 0 10 -10 0

Div 3 needs to win to stay close too....

Division 3E GP W L T F A "+ -" PTS
Bombastic A 3 3 0 0 10 1 9 9
Club Ireland B 3 2 0 1 8 4 4 7
North Shore Storm 3 1 0 2 5 2 3 5
North Shore Thunder 3 1 2 0 6 9 -3 3
Tsawwassen Titans 3 1 2 0 6 9 -3 3
Kits Saints 3 0 1 2 4 6 -2 2
Hyack Royals 3 0 1 2 4 8 -4 2
Burnaby Breakers 3 0 2 1 2 6 -4 1

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 'A' 2 Kerrisdale Spurs 0

It was a good game, as Kerrisdale was the first team we played who actually try to play a possession game. One of our youth players scored both goals in the first half. Our keeper was solid again and our back line played very well too. Overall an excellent result which sets up the biggest game next Saturday against Shamrock Rovers, who will probably beat Semi today......

Off to the Div. 3 game....

wagon

Sep 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 2 SBAA 1

Poco had pretty much all of the scoring chances in the first half and only managed to finish 1. At the half it was 1-0 Poco. In the second half, SBAA had more chances than Poco, especially when some of Poco's players started to tire, but Poco managed to score another pretty nice goal to make the score 2-0. SBAA's goal came off an offside trap that went brutally wrong, but Poco managed to hold off SBAA for the rest of the game and ended up winning. It definetly wasn't a perfect game by Poco, but it is a step up from the pretty bad soccer that had been played in the previous 3 games. Overall it was a good game. Pretty physical, which of course can be expected considering that is a big part of SBAA's playing style, but there was quite a few missed offensive chances, with the more dangerous ones coming from Poco (2 cross bars). Both keepers also played well, making several good saves. Any more scores to report?

Wagon

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 'B' 7 Burnaby Breakers 0

They only had 10 players. It was an absolute waste of time because they weren't even trying. That was our first blowout this year and hopefully there aren't many more of them. The game was called 10 minutes early.....

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 6(?) Richmond 2

Surrey had the most shocking first 20 minutes...ever. Richmond scored the first two goals, the first one in the opening minutes. We passed back to our keeper who hit a patch of ice right before making contact with the ball, it then continued to roll easily onto the foot of a Richmond player. The second goal came off another SU mess up where a botched negative ball found itself in the back of the net. Richmond definitely capitalized on those mistakes. But basically after that it was all Surrey, the score was 4-2 by half time and a couple more were added in the second half. Sort of a weird game all in all.

Carebear

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier B

Coquitlam 1 SBAA Kaisen 1

Coquitlam is stuck in a rut and can't seem to dig themselves out. We definitely should have come out with the 3 points in this game. As one of our coaches jokingly said "we have to get our heads out of our ars" he is right! Things will hopefully turn around for us soon, especially when we start capitalizing on our shots.

Carebear

Carebear

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Bastard,

He said it in a joking way but I'm sure deep down he meant it. I don't blame him and I also agreed with him as did a few others. You know girls we can be sensitive a times and it takes a special kind of coach to be able to handle them. We are fortunate to have 2 coach's who can handle us.

Cheers!

Carebear

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
K-vale - what is the 7 for - is that how many pk's you miss each year ?

xoxoxoxoxo
Downtown

Nutmegs, are you awake ?

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
close downtwon, but not quite

Oh, no no no Downtown if that were the case I'd have to be a little more generous and call myself kvale8. The 7 actually represents how many feet on average I miss the net by.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey U and SBAA

Anyone know why the SU vs. SBAA game was postponed? I gather the UBC vs. CCFC game was cancelled so UBC wouldn't pick up an injury before leaving for Nats in La Belle Province.

PS: Good luck to the Sportstoon ladies back east. Remember... make sure to fill out the game sheet right :mad:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU v. SBAA

Supposedly the game was postponed because SBAA had a lot of players down in Portland watching the women's WC - an offer that was made to teams by the MWSL earlier in the week.

The only problem was the league didn't put the postponement on the website until Saturday afternoon and as far as I know never contacted the team until late Sat. night (if at all). I had to personally confirm the postponement with one of the SBAA players before any of our management was informed.

Thank God the game was scheduled for 2pm otherwise our team would have been phoning players at 8am Sunday to inform them.

Oh well, at least some of us found out Saturday night so that we could make the most of the SU Reverse draw and the antics that followed it.

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only problem was the league didn't put the postponement on the website until Saturday afternoon and as far as I know never contacted the team until late Sat. night (if at all). I had to personally confirm the postponement with one of the SBAA players before any of our management was informed.

Good to see the league on top of things as usual :rolleyes:

What on earth do we pay these guys for?

And does any one know how much we pay them?????

bdevermorefrustratedwithmwslbrass

Carebear

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier B

Coquitlam 0 Valley United O

another tie...... :eek:

good game overall, both teams played with high intensity and it could of gone either way.

Carebear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0